Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation

26 reviews filtered by
3.1
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation President James L. Schroeder
James L. Schroeder

1. Worked as a RN in plastic surgery which included performing pre and post operative assessments and assisting in surgery

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was not expected to work weekend hours and the schedule was consistent. Benefits were good and I felt the pay was competitive based on my experience.

Cons

I was payed salary and was not compensated for hours that I worked beyond 40 which occurred often

2. Opportunity for Growth Inside and Out

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity as well as encouraged to continue my education in order to not only improve my stance within the organization, but also for myself and my future endeavors.

Cons

Being a corporation of sorts, many of their universal constructs did not seem to apply to my department and took time to altar and make appropriate.

Advice to Management

Embracing the individual will help to generate ideas, quality care, and positivity.

3. Six years and no advancement

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation

Pros

Benefits, building relationships with co-workers and patients. flexible work schedule and you dont take work home with you.

Cons

HEAVY lack of communication or just lack of honesty. No room for advancement in your department and impossible to transfer within. Becoming too political, feel like you are leaving the office rather than a health care facility where people are cared for.

Advice to Management

What happened to a genuine health care establishment? Dont turn your ear on those who express concern about management just because they are in a lower position. Those are the individuals you can learn a lot from and will help your department excel.

5. my review

Current Employee - Customer Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I have met and worked for.

Cons

salaries could have been better

Advice to Management

managers should be willing to cross train their employee

6. NMFF now NMG

Current Employee - Mid-level Clinician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mid-level Clinician in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexible hours, good shopping nearby on Michigan Avenue, fun culture and most staff-members and physicians are friendly, decent on campus lunch options,

Cons

Very high and sometimes demanding patient volume, low salary compared to surrounding area medical centers considering the population, constant changes to benefits and management, lack of organization and leadership, awful patient billing policies.

Advice to Management

The run-around isn't effective, you need to have more control over your physicians, stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes, quit up-charging bills, hire more people who care about patients not just their academic status.

7. call center supervisor

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

downtown chicago, close to everything.

Cons

traffic, weather, parking and no growth potental

Advice to Management

egos to big on management team, they will lie to protect themselfs and the por management they are producing.

8. NMFF is no more. Its all Nortwestern Medicine

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Looks good on resume, pay is decent

Cons

Thing are getting worse for employees since the merger

9. Not really challenging enough!

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation full-time

Pros

I feel that I'm helping patients but it's very simple.

Cons

Can't really think of any.

10. Fun place to work at!

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation

Pros

Great place to work for! Everyone is really friendly and will help you in any way possible. It is a great learning experience.

Cons

The system is a confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to know the structure of the company.

11. Dream Position for RN, great RN MD collaboration, physicians value the nurses in the organization

Current Employee - RN Faculty Foundation in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RN Faculty Foundation in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in an excellent corporate structure where the health care team prides itself on providing the best care and outcomes possible while simultaneously providing high levels of customer service. Good communication with patients to help navigate the who's, how's, where's and why;s of the health care network.

Cons

High high volume of patients with high high volumes of tasks to be completed every day. Staffing turnover results in long searches for replacement staff with remaining staff workers overburdened for months trying to do the work of the open position.

Advice to Management

Good management. Difficult to move up wthin the system into management. I personally am trying to make the decision whether to stay in a front line position I have mastered and am no longer challenged in while waiting for a infrequent positional opening in management or go to another medical center in the city and hire at a management level. Hate to leave but difficult to stay in entry level position forever.