Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Northwestern Memorial Hospital President & CEO Dean M. Harrison

Dean M. Harrison

Pros
  • Great Benefits, nice people to work with (in 13 reviews)

• great location, great team members, beautiful hospital setting (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on a patient care unit sometimes I am responsible for 15 patients on day shift (in 3 reviews)

• Even though NMH sells itself as a great place for working mothers, it is not (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Learned a lot, very helpful and friendly staff

Media Relations Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat staff. Very helpful and passionate. Everyone genuinely cared about their job and wanted to do a good job. Cool campus too.

ConsCampus was large and sometimes difficult to get around. Starting took a really long time, there was lots of back and forth and paper work.

Northwestern memorial hospital

Prospay and great managers always overtime

ConsWorking with women all day

Clinical Application Analyst

Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou can learn a lot working for this organization and the benefits are great.

ConsThe politics is very high, not easy to move up even if you truly worked hard for it. Environment is kind of clickish and they will promote team work and tell you they love helping each other, but in reality they really don't want you ask them anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Training, Leadership should be focused on tream work and everyone helping each other. The company itself should do better with work-life balance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A family atmosphere

Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEveryone seems to really care about each other. I'd recommend the float pool. They have some of the best mangt. In the facility.

ConsThere is real CYA policy that if not acknowledged and respected can make things uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople love free food. Catered if possible.

NMH-Northwestern Medicine

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. fun friendly people to work with.

ConsSenior Leadership seems to focused on the strategic goals, they lack personality and the personal touch with the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to understand the THE PEOPLE make the company successful. Focusing on the big picture with big ideas are nice, however, having balance and realizing that your workforce is what's going to push you forward.

Easy Money

ProsIt's easy to get by doing the bare minimum. It offers great advancement for a select few, but the benefits are nice.

ConsLots of micromanagement and babysitting from lower management. The ones just above call center agents drunk on the power they have

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more little rewards to the agents to keep them interested in the job.

Not bad until lay off time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood health benefits, awesome yearly bonus. Company discount perks.

ConsHR sucks. They are about 85-90% unhelpful with advancement. You must know someone to get in or ahead with this company. Northwestern cares more about the titles they hold vs. the people they help.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care about your employees, that goes a long way towards company morale.

Great Job with Growth and skill development

ProsThere are so many positions that you can grow in your skills and achieve as much as you like.

ConsWhile excellent once your hired, it is difficult to get your foot in the door.

Biller

ProsGreat Benefits, nice people to work with.

ConsNo room for growth or promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementNo mentoring programs

Micromanagement

Admin Assistant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI really like the colleagues I work with. They are hard working and committed to their goals and doing the best job possible.

ConsIn the department I work in, Management is condescending and at times I have seen them bully their employees into meeting their goals. There is no professional growth as long as the current management is in place.

Worked for Northwestern Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!