Norwegian Refugee Council

Norwegian Refugee Council Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Very professional approach to making a difference in this world

Logistics & Security Manager (Former Employee) Beirut (Lebanon)

ProsExcellent challenges for the individual, good leadership and professional people in the field

ConsAs with any INGO you can work yourself to death and nobody will stop you while doing it. Burnout is a real threat

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce R&R to employees in the field

i enjoyed work with NRC if there another opportunity i wish to work with it again

FOOD DISTRIBUTION CLERK (Former Employee) Mbarara (Uganda)

ProsNRC motivates workers and working relations are best

ConsDO NOT DEVIATE FROM CORE VALUES OF NRC

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the spirit of maintaining workers

Project Officer

Project Officer (Current Employee) Jerusalem (Israel)

ProsWorking with NRC added to my experience in the field of legal

ConsUnfortunately, opportunities are not open for staff always

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope they can fair with their employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a good place to stop at but not the place for a long career

ProsCapacity building of the staff. Normal working hours. Qualified staff at the Head Quatrers. Normal work load. Good programs.

ConsDisconnection between the Head Quarters in Oslo and the Country offices. Huge gap in work conditions between the International Staff and the National Staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter connection between the Head Quarters and the National Staff Councils

Waste of time and not a place to really build a career in if you want to be involved in the private sector.

Procurement and Logistics Officer (Former Employee) Jerusalem (Israel)

ProsGood Salary, good benefits, good pension

ConsVery bad management and also just to be specific Dutch people can be very irritating and also very not professional

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are supposed to mingle with national staff and know that national staff can takeover. If this truly happens, which is meant to be in the agenda of all NRC country offices around the world. Then this mean expatriates will have to leave since they accomplished the supposedly called development of national staff, but will not happen since they are getting paid very VERY high salaries compared with local!. Bottom line is, they become very greed and very not humanitarian as what NRC promotes. Also, Norwegians are nice people :)

Worked for Norwegian Refugee Council? Contribute to the Community!