www.notifycorp.com

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
3.2

David Hanabusa

Great people, terrible upper management

I worked at Notify Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people on the development team
    Excellent support team
    Fair salary and benefits

Cons

West coast management
    Self-oriented sales team
    Poor product management

The "promise everything to get the sale" mentality hurts morale with development and causes issues when the promises are not realistic or cannot be met.

Company in Transition

Former Employee - V P Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - V P Marketing in San Jose, CA

I worked at Notify Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Personable atmosphere with family-oriented values, Notify was a closely held business run by its founders for over 18 years. Most of the staff were located in Canfield, Ohio. Good engineering talent, they knew how to execute. Good partnerships.

Cons

Notify entered the MDM market a little late and against better funded competitors with less burdensome legacy product commitments. They fell behind, which killed their growth and caused many of the problems that led to their purchase by Globo.

I believe that Globo's management addressed many of the issues brought on by Notify's lack of market success. However, they are still in a very tough business, which is consolidating at a frightening pace.

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Notify Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good team to collaborate with. You were learn a lot in a very short period of time.

Cons

Long work day, pay is below average.

It's an okay place starting an IT career, if you can't relocate/don't want to commute, or content where you're at.

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Canfield, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Canfield, OH

I worked at Notify Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starting pay wasn't great but usually received appropriate raises and was able rack up overtime.
    Ice cream coupon reward program was good (program may of been removed with layoffs/cutbacks).
    PTO was great when I started, not sure if it's since been reduced with everything else.
    Addition of an official H.R. department helped make it more of a proper place to work.
    Able to be friendly and joke around making the environment enjoyable at times.
    Dress code was causal and relaxed.
    Building was newly renovated and and in great condition with the exception of debris occasionally falling on my head. Good times!

Cons

Most reviews hit the nail on the head so I'll try to list something different.
    Building has no windows for majority of staff regardless of department.
    Tech Support consisted of 7 rotating shifts that change weekly/biweekly with no locked-in shifts based on seniority.
    For what little advancement there is new positions weren't posted publicly or privately. Employees were hand picked for new positions. Although that issue was eventually resolved it is still worth noting.
    As mentioned in another review; shady business practices. Inappropriate work relations existed according to employee handbook guidelines and the company handled as it saw fit.

In such a small company it's difficult to not make it sound personal. Man, I had some good stuff to write. I will say it's difficult to respect supervisors who require special treatment. It's difficult to respect management for allowing special treatment to happen.
    It was disheartening to hear of layoffs when the company has joint household employees collecting a paycheck not getting a member laid off. That speaks volumes about favoritism and seniority.
    It's interesting the only 4+ star reviews happened on the same day were former employees with a year of experience who either put there year in and got out or were moved along.

Wish everyone, what's left of you, all the best!

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Canfield, OH
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Canfield, OH

I worked at Notify Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work, Good People, Highly recommended for fresh Graduates, Excellent Employee training program, Good work experience, Good Perks, Holiday Bonus,PTOs,Medical Benefits Program had changes recently which were good.

Company is making progress in its client list.

Employee reward program

100 % Family life + Work

Location is very good.

Cons

I have no downsides working at Notify.

Great HR Management

Has Potential...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canfield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canfield, OH

I worked at Notify Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. Great to start right out of college
    2. Learning flexibility
    3. Great benefits
    4. Fun, family-like environment
    5. Everyone knows everyone else - with a little more communication, can be a very productive place!
    6. Business Process Improvements being brought in by upper management - if embraced, they actually have a shot at becoming major MDM players.

Cons

1. Low pay
    2. Lack of career growth
    3. Sometimes resistant to 'change'

I have worked closely with each one of you and I have a lot of respect for you. The only thing I'd like to say is you must be more open - both in communicating to the team as well as accepting good change. You've had a lot of talented people work with you and surely will have more; you must quickly recognize the uniqueness each person brings with them and utilize it to the max. Under-utilization and/or under-appreciation are major show-stoppers for some. But I have a lot of hope for Notify; in my time there I've seen real fighters - people who fall, and get right back up, people who persist and keep going. I am certain that change is just around the corner. Good luck!! I wish you well.

Downhill fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canfield, OH

I have been working at Notify Technology

Pros

-A year ago, was a wonderful place to work.
    -For the most part, the staff in the Canfield Office gets along well.

Cons

-Recent Layoffs
    -Recent loss of perks (beverages, monthly free pizza)
    -Shady business practices.
    -Some managers egotistical and mean.

-Since it states in our handbook that relatives can not be in a position directly reporting to one another, maybe someone should look at the working relationship between the CEO and his wife. Not quite sure how that is happening.
    -We need to quit biting off more than we can chew with our products. We are being pushed like we are a large corporation and we are not.
    -We need to start paying our people better so our veterans will quit leaving. Our development staff has no experience.

Why or why not work at Notify Technology

Former Employee - Sales Operations in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Operations in San Jose, CA

I worked at Notify Technology

Pros

The product and technical support is awesome! The regular working folks are pretty awesome and tend to make the working environment enjoyable.

Cons

Disrespected from upper management is a daily occurrence. No guidelines for processes. Processes and procedures are made on the fly. No career advancement.

Management needs to have more respect for the hardworking employees of Notify Technology and not hire family to over see management positions

A good place to work - if you are fresh out of college

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Canfield, OH
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Canfield, OH

I worked at Notify Technology

Pros

* Great place to learn and build a resume if you are an entry-level employee
    * Relaxed working environment, management is understanding of schedules, etc.

Cons

* Pay is low for a technical job requiring a degree, even for an entry-level job
    * Opportunity for advancement doesn't exist
    * Management's attitude is that everyone can be replaced easily by another college graduate
    * Communication is poor and discouraged by management policies

Have one or two less people in each department and use that money to better reward your best and most experienced workers. You would have a stronger company and probably even save money in the long run. The entry-level workers you hire won't be entry-level forever and you should want to keep them around, rather than just get another newbie to replace them.

Great People/Awful Company

I have been working at Notify Technology

Pros

Family environment
    Job Perks
    PTO
    They work around your schedule

Cons

Pay way below average
    Poor communication
    No advancement
    Seniority means nothing when lay-offs happen
    Too few bathrooms
    Bathrooms are DISGUSTING due to staff

Managers appear to do nothing compared to regular workers. Need to be seen doing more. COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION!

Notify Technology Photos