Notre Dame de Namur

Updated Feb 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Spiritual, committed, fulfilling, I loved working here and blessed to have been around such wonderful people.

Grounds Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Notre Dame de Namur full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits, lots of positive reinforcement, and surrounded by people who appreciate higher education, and nature.

ConsWith all educational institutions, is lack of funds, you have to work here for the passion of what it is your seeking.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know you all are committed to do the best with what is available. I will remember you all forever especially the Sisters of Notre Dame.

Beware; not everyone is on the side of the angels here

Access Services Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Notre Dame de Namur part-time for less than a year

ProsGood overall atmosphere, beautiful, historic setting, mid-peninsula location, close to CalTrain. Spiritual atmosphere without being overwhelming. Provides a stepping stone for an academic career. If you are reading this review on Glassdoor.com, you probably won't be at NDNU for too long. I guess another pro is that the turnover here is so high that they are frequent job openings!

ConsPoor benefits. Employees frequently complained they could not afford to put their families on the insurance the university offered. The department I worked in - the library - suffered an outrageous amount of turnover because of the library director.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the exit statements in the HR office for managers in departments with high turnover.
P.S.- Five people in a six-person department is ordinarily considered a high turnover rate.

Under appreciated employees

Admissions (Current Employee)

I have been working at Notre Dame de Namur full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat faculty, sincere students who stuck because most courses wont transfer out

Consmanagement is ungrateful, sloppy dress code, unprofessional HR

Advice to Senior Managementneed more driven employees

Worked for Notre Dame de Namur? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Notre Dame de Namur reviews and ratings in Belmont, CA. All reviews posted anonymously by Notre Dame de Namur employees.