Nouria Energy

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
2.1

Tony El Nemr

Hard work, great supervisors, bad pay

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Nouria Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff is great and the supervisors are fun to work with. There are many different incentives to succeed and the company is growing.

Cons

Due to the growth of the company, the pay is not very good and probably will not be until it levels off. Expected to work a minimum of 50 hours with no overtime and are not compensated for working any additional hours or for travel.

Pay your employees, especially the management, like they deserve.

More puppets than people

Current Employee - Cashier in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Nouria Energy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Taught me how people should not be treated.

Cons

Unfair, expected to travel with out being compensated, work very hard and get nothing not even a thank you.
    Never believe when they say you will get a raise.
    Been here 10 year and I have gotten a .32 cent cost of living raise 5 years ago. AM are puppets and the strings are held tight.

Come down to the foundation of your company because with out your managers you would be nothing.

In Need of Some Work and Investigation

Current Employee - Cashier in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Nouria Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are hired pretty quickly with little to no pre job screening. Job is CORI friendly. I don't think they check CORIs unless under suspicion during employment. Alright coworkers, a lot of gossiping as if in high school.

Cons

Absolutely no breaks, esp. for the overnight staff. They make a big deal, and offer usually 15 minutes unpaid breaks. A lot of times I worked doubles without given a break. I had trouble getting copy of paystubs, and my pay would sometimes no correspond with the actual hours I worked. Coworkers complained too much, and there were a couple of racist assistant managers. In addition, from top down a lot of the employees were very dishonest with their time sheet or just cheating the company out of money! But, the company in return was very cheap with little to no benefits. The managers found it a habit to tell other employees' business. I really don't need to know who is on welfare, or who is getting evicted. I'm just the cashier. And, try not to get robbed or injured in anyway on the job or you would definitely get fired, because they are not giving out worker's comp.

Read OSHA!

The worst Company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Nouria Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Zero Pros. Zero. Literally the worst Company ever.

Cons

No bonuses No raises. Not treated as a human being.

Some people do work hard and don't deserve to get bonuses taken away because other people can't do their jobs. We deserve respect which we don't get and appreciation. I haven't received a raise in 3 years and I work very hard.

Started out as a fun job, got worse quickly

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Nouria Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees were good people despite the fact everyone hated their job. Manager was generally a great guy, but upper management was consistently demeaning, rude, and disrespectful to cashiers.

Cons

Poor hours, having to work 6-7 days a week to make 40 hours, no raises, borderline abusive upper management, and no affordable benefits. Everyone who worked at the station hated their job, and everyone knew it.

Learn to appreciate the people who work under you, or you will have nothing but desperate and untrustworthy people working for you.

Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Nouria Energy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working for Nouria Energy for almost ten years now. Nouria Energy offers great benefits to us and a great staff to work with. It is a really fun work environment and the pay is decent. If you want a job a you need to work lots of hours or just a little, being a cashier is the perfect job here. I really recommend people get a job here.

Cons

I can not think of anything bad to say about my employer. It has been my favorite job I have ever worked and this is about my tenth and longest holding job.

Maybe some more company outings.

If you take pride in what you do, go else where.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, ME

I worked at Nouria Energy

Pros

Met some relly nice people, public was great they really appreiciated being taken care of simple needs like fresh hot coffee or taking the time to listen and show that you apprciate there patronage.

Cons

Worst co. Iv'e worked for.

Get a clue.

Don't work for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Nouria Energy

Pros

Nothing really, have this fancy christmas party but no meaning to people at all.

Cons

This company don't pay severance, they just let go people on site, and don't even pay bonus for someone who worked there in the whole past year.
    Management is ignorant but think they are smartest.
    Don't go there unless you trick them into paying you well above industry average, but in that case you will be target of next fire.

Pleasant place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier in West Boylston, MA
    Current Employee - Cashier in West Boylston, MA

I have been working at Nouria Energy

Pros

Comfortable environment. With opportunity to advance to management. Not too much expected; create a comfortable shopping environment for people to purchase convenience goods, get gas, or get a car wash. Excellent job for responsible young people.

Cons

Small company. Only available promotions are to store management as cooperate is local and small. Duties are rudimentary and at times boring.

More attention to POS system. Overstocked in products that don't move fast enough and understocked in fast moving items. Cross-training makes a better employee but having to paint the lines in the parking lot as a cashier... over-board.

Fast Growing Fast Paced Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Nouria Energy

Pros

Management does a great job keeping everyone informed of the changes within this fast growing organization by having monthly meetings and providing lunch.
    Really good opportunity for growth.
    Good hard working people

Cons

The company is very top down and hierarchical both literally and figuratively.
    If you like working in an old school corporate environment this is the company for you. If you prefer Google style (Climbing Wall, beanbag chairs) then look elsewere.