Nova Datacom Reviews

Agile Start-Up Environment with Room to Excel and Grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Nova Datacom

Pros

I feel like everyone truly enjoys working at NDC and is excited to be a part of the story. The company is fast-paced, involved in some pretty cool technology applications, and we have developed a customer base that comes to us as the experts to solve their pressing issues. The environment is exciting and still has the feel of a smaller start-up, while working towards establishing more standards to manage their growth. I enjoy being a part of such a vibrant enterprise.

Cons

I have been with Nova Datacom long enough to see multiple levels of growth- from the company itself, to individuals within departments. In less than 3 years, the company has really exploded- they have developed deeper relationships within their core accounts, and generally are growing at all levels. This is great for the bottom line, but it does bring into light scalability issues. I believe these are being addressed, but it does take time. You have to be able to adapt, and if you are unsure as to how to proceed, you need to be ready to ask, or develop those processes that are needed. Everyone is responsible for working to make the company better from the inside out- and it can be frustrating if you're used to more well-defined environments.

Keep listening- keep asking..there are some great minds within the company, and from what I hear, people are very invested in working to make NDC better every day. Recently, upper management has begun to look outward and foster these discussions and encouraged transparency. Keep it up!

Very serious growing pains! High turnover. Not a place I would recommend working at.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Nova Datacom

Pros

Decent contracts, and interesting work because of customers.

Cons

Very dishonest about benefits and education. Had several interviews and quibbled about salary. After the position was accepted they tried to pay me less than what was agreed. Very unpleasant dealing with HR... management is very condescending. I'm sorry I took this job.

Remember the Golden rule. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Spend more money on benefits and treating people right and you might not have such high turnover.

Deceived me on compensation...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Nova Datacom

Pros

Decent place to work if you are looking for a good work/life balance.

Cons

On several occasions, management stiffed me on my commissions when I closed some large deals. Instead of getting my agreed 10% commission, I was given much smaller amounts due to "unforeseen office expenses".

On top of that, there is extremely high turnover at Nova Datacom, employees are constantly coming and going. Management treats employees as disposable assets - they use them to accomplish a certain project or win a certain bid, but once they have no more use for you they let you go.

The covered health benefits are probably the worst I've ever had throughout my entire career as they only cover the employee - additional family members are expected to be paid out of pocket.

They do have a 401k but there is absolutely no employer matching.

Work on improving the overall benefits and try to nurture better relationships with employees. Stop treating employees as disposable assets and focus on reducing turnover.

Nova Datacom Photos