Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

www.n-o-v-a.com

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ulf Rohde

Great company!

Industrial Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe Dallas management team is professional and well organized. They are there to help when you need it and open to help when you are struggling. Reviews that say otherwise are incorrect. You have quotas and guidelines you have to follow but they are set up to help you achieve success! I have been on the Dallas team for almost 2 years and have found the distribution of leads fair and consistent.

ConsIf you are not a hard worker and don't want to work this is not the job for you. This company will give you all the tools you need for success but you have to be willing to use them!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! So excited about the growth of the company and being part of a great team!

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey are a growing company

ConsThey get you in to land accounts and then after a few months let you go, so, the house gets all the commission you would have earned. Keep in mind you don't earn commission until after a certain time period. There isn't much guidance on how to go out and get business. (what worked for them in the beginning of the business) Managers had all the large accounts and you couldn't even service those accounts even though they are in your territory. Managers were too busy doing other things to help. Occasionally, they would go on an appointment, most of the time they seemed like they didn't have time. And finally, they pit you against your fellow sales associates. If someone called on a lead in your territory they would be able to keep it. What good is a territory if it's not protected.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack up your sales associates when you have seen them produce results and help them thrive. Do not have the chiropractor/owner make the decision when you know better.

Things that seem to good to be true usually are!

Sales - Industrial Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat pay but poor bonus structure at first

Constoo many reps hired for one location

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Nova

MCM Medical Clinic Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOur clinic stays pretty busy most days, so the work flow is constant. I like my position and love my team. My teammates always are ready to learn and help. I have a lot of respect for upper management. They work hard to get and keep things organized. We have weekly meetings where things can be addressed as necessary which helps, too. I love my Nova work family, they make the day go by fast.

ConsSince we are the only staff, we work M-F. We get to know our patients well, but scheduling multiple days off in a row is tricky sometimes.

You have to have a mentality for sales.

Sales ID (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsI work in the DFW area and have never had any issues with management or even upper management. People need to understand that sales jobs are very fast paced and always will be. Turnover exists in every company in sales. Some folks aren’t cut out for this level of demand on a constant level, that’s why we make the big bucks. Hard work goes beyond the 9-5 Monday thru Friday. Commitment is key. Some people don’t have the time and energy to keep up. It’s a cold hard truth that not everyone is cut out for sales. Find another position that works for you that you can dedicate yourself to. Bashing management isn’t going to get you anywhere when your problem stems elsewhere. It is long days and it is hard work, but it really does pay off. You really do have to have a mentality for sales.

ConsPeople who aren't right for this type of job always complain.

I Absolutely Love My Job Here - Endless Opportunities For Can-Do Minded Individuals

Industrial Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI love this job because, if you put in the work, keep an optimistic outlook and have a genuine drive to succeed, it will happen. End of Story. I love that I have creative freedom with my accounts, I can gift them and expense it which is great because I get to use my creative skills and combine them with my sales experience. You are your own business, if you are producing there is 0 micro-managing. Numbers speak for themselves. I love most of my co-workers, and management is young, fun and have all worked your job and understand it.

ConsThe ramp up phase is hard of course, but this is no different than any other ramp up phase. There are clear and concise directions in regards to what is expected of you and how to build your book of business. If you follow the formula and have natural charisma and sales ability, you will be 100% fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more involvement in the recruitment process, the company could save a lot of money if prospective employees were interviewed by the manager who will be ultimately managing them.

Good Pay, Extreme Micromanagement, Extremely Stressful Job, Very Difficult if you are in an established Territory

Industrial Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood Pay and Extreme growth expansion. New clinics are opening rapidly so there is potential for growth with the company as an employee. But I put a large emphasis on "potential"

ConsManagement is extremely focused on micromanagement. There is a focus on fear rather then encouragement. Very structured work environment that allows absolutely no deviation even if there is a good reason. If there are more then 3 minutes between cold calls you are called out by management. A lot of hours are required after hours in the evening and on the weekends. I easily put in 70 hours per week and it is very unnoticed and unappreciated. Instead it is expected. I can see where some reps that work for the company state that it is only hard in the beginning. It is very hard if you are assigned to a territory that has a clinic that has been open more then 1-2 years. The reason being that there have easily been 30 -50 reps before you in that same territory that did not succeed, quit, or got fired so finding new business is very hard so then sales metrics are impossible. That means when you call businesses they literally scream at you because they have been called by 30-50 reps in the last year. If you are fortunate and get into a fresh territory with a brand new clinic then success can certainly be had. There is a need for occupational medicine and it is a growing industry so new growth into a new city is the ideal situation if you are looking to attempt a career as an Industrial Director with Nova Medical Centers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop leading by fear. It is a bad choice in management styles and results in poor results and burn-out. I have managed employees and sales reps and to be a successful manager you must encourage and offer support. A happy employee is a good employee. Walt Disney emulated that management style and my opinion why it is the empire that it is today.

Most unprofessional atmosphere

Sales - Industrial Director (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMost co-workers people are friendly and helpful

ConsDallas management is extremely unprofessional. They mock the CEO during conference calls, are never satisfied with performance, and manage by fear. They clearly hire to build a book of business then cut with malice. They assign accounts to reps they want to keep around.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Jokes about sex, anatomy, and overall out in the open disrespect of others is purely unprofessional.

Enjoying working for this company

ProsThe job is very difficult at times. I have a great manager. He is very dedicated to the team's success. My teammates are great. The company has a awesome culture. :) Happy I made the decision to work here.

ConsPunching in and out. Driving to Norcross everyday.

High-stress, horrible work/life balance, unrealistic goals, high turnover. CEO is a jerk.

Industrial Director (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThey whip you with a high salary. Enjoy it until they can your ass for not meeting impossible metrics.

ConsMeetings every Friday afternoon and Monday morning that takes you away from invaluable time in your territory. Endless role-play that results in ridicule and behind the back mocking by peers and management, all the way up to the top. You are "salaried" but have to clock in and out. They expect you to work after hours, which you aren't compensated for. Have fun explaining that to your spouse. They monitor your every action, and get after you for gaps in activity greater than 5 minutes. No joke. Micromanagement at its finest. I'm convinced the managers steal your accounts at every turn. Worst choice I've ever made, shadiest company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment where the face of your organization can enjoy working for you, instead of dreading every minute of it. Stop referring to your sales force as losers from the deck of your yacht. I'm sure your account base can't help but notice that someone different is representing NOVA every several weeks.

Worked for Nova Medical Centers (Texas)? Contribute to the Community!