Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

www.n-o-v-a.com
  www.n-o-v-a.com

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews

Updated December 7, 2014
Updated December 7, 2014
3.8

Ulf Rohde

Pros
  • I suspect because the company is growing into other states rapidly (in 6 reviews)

• The management team really pushes us to be the best we can be because they want to see us succeed (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing that is not there in any sales job you may have (in 4 reviews)

• Hard work that requires serious motivation to reap the rewards (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Satisfying & competitive, work hard get rewarded greatly. Great Atlanta Management team, couldn't as for a better boss!

Former Employee - Industrial Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Industrial Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation is uncapped which is a plus. Residual bonus follows you to wherever in-state territory you go within the company. Atlanta management team is the best I have ever worked with. My boss, Bill drives you to new levels and pushes you to further success when sometimes you think you didn't have it in you.

Cons

Work-life balance is tough, but if you stay organized and don't fall behind this could be a long term career for you. This is not a job for laziness or sleeping on the job. Work hard and you will be rewarded!

Team meetings that are held every Monday and Friday are great to keep everyone fresh and on their toes, competition wise. It brings team unity and energy to the mix. Although, driving long distances can be counterproductive for these meetings, it still gives more positive twist on things and pushes our competitive edge.

A decent jump start for an emerging business development professional, but not a career

Former Employee - Sales - Industrial Director
    Former Employee - Sales - Industrial Director

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (less than an year)

Pros

- Easy to get a job here
    - Gives you specialized experience for your next job
    - 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Schedule
    - A few bonuses here and there
    - Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Insurance
    - Only work around 5-6 hours on Fridays
    - Decent base salary if this is your only option
    - 9 paid holidays

Cons

- Absolutely terrible management (deconstructive, unprofessional, and care only for personal gain)
    - Insanely micromanaged (monitor every call you make, every appointment, everything)
    - Management all clients behind you to be sure that you are actually setting appointments
    - Lots of work from home (They require you to enter leads each night, they won't allow you to do it at work)
    - Only $300 per month vehicle allowance. It used to be $500, but this was changed on a day's notice.
    - Virtually no commission, it takes months for commission you earn to even be awarded
    - Managers mock upper management on conference calls
    - Hostile work environment, co-workers will cross you out if it means that they get ahead
    - Being on salary, yet having to clock in and out
    - A mandatory schedule that takes away from personal productivity
    - A predetermined number of reps per territory (They will terminate an employee or force you to move to balance clinics)
    - Do not accept two week notices
    - This company invests practically nothing to hire you (No face-to-face interview)
    - Literally ALL about numbers.
    - Very little PTO

Invest more in your employees, and they will invest more in you.

One of the best decisions I made for my career is working for Nova Medical Centers.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

The recruiting department has provided a great team oriented environment where I have learned so much. The management team really pushes us to be the best we can be because they want to see us succeed. In the year that I have worked here at Nova, I have seen many opportunities for advancement. It is really rewarding to work for such a great company.

Cons

Finding NRCME certified doctors can be challenging.

opportunities for growth

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

great pay and national opportunities

Cons

there isn't much of a team oriented culture in the office.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent salary, and good medical services to get behind. Good reputation for growth etc..

Cons

Terrible management. Managers treat you like a child. They have no conscience when it comes to hiring to grow a certain center and then fire people as the clinic establishes itself. The recruiting department is run by immature, inexperienced, unprofessional, unknowledgeable people. Don't think they care about anything but the bottom line. They lie to have you come on board then ruin your career !!!
    NO PTO !!!

Bad company!

Former Employee - Hired to BE In Management, Never Received Training in Houston, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was hired for a high position, never got trained and was let go because I kept asking director when I would be trained I was dismissed for asking, and told I should be happy I had a job. True story! This company is the worst I have ever seen all lies and no support.

Cons

Medical benefits only after 4 months
    Excessive working hours
    Under staffing, continous quiting and walk offs do to extreme stress
    Poor management, bad training

Work with the employees, not against them. Corporate managers are the worst

Great Company With Limitless Potential for Career Growth

Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Nova PT department has been great to work for. I have not encountered anything that I was not briefed about when I was interviewing for the position. This job was exactly as promised and has been a pleasure to perform. The patient population is outpatient orthopedics specializing in occupational medicine. For the most part, our patients are highly motivated to get better so that they can return to work as quickly as possible. Our therapy approach mirrors that philosophy as we take an aggressive sports medicine approach geared toward increasing participation in dynamic functional activities. While the case load can be demanding at times, Nova has an excellent corporate structure set up to provide assistance where necessary. Whenever my schedule seemed overwhelming, reinforcements arrived so that I could stay focused on providing excellent patient care. Administrative duties, marketing, and other aspects of the business are all handled by other members of the Nova team allowing me to focus purely on patient care. Nova's compensation is far above average including generous bonuses, student loan repayment, and a continuing education allowance. Nova truly cares about their employees and is willing to invest in their professional development. Professional development opportunities include monthly in-services, an entry level physical therapy program, and a PT forum where all therapists within the company can share news about new evidence and new techniques. Nova as a company is very invested in the growth of it's employees as they promote solely from within. If you are interested in progressing towards a more administrative role, Nova will give you the chance. If you are interested in working purely as a clinician and seeing patients, then they will give you that chance as well. In all, Nova is a great place to work and grow both as a clinician and as an individual. I was initially hesitant about signing on because the offer seemed "too good to be true." In retrospect, it is the best decision I have ever made!

Cons

Not every therapist will fit the Nova culture, but for those who like an aggressive sports medicine approach they will fit right in.

it has helped me get to where I am now.

Current Employee - N/A in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in Houston, TX

Pros

everyone in the office is great they really treat you like family and encourage you to do your best. Managers and supervisors are understanding and nice.

Cons

the work can get overwhelming and most of the time you do get some very rude callers. Also, the work is a daily routine.

N/A

I have worked with Nova going on 3 years. I find it challenging, interesting and a solid industry.

Current Employee - Office in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Office in Houston, TX

Pros

I like that the company promotes from within and have seen very deserving people get promoted. Plus love my coworkers! They work with you for time off, family matters and such.

Cons

No set breaks, workload can get overwhelming sometimes, busy phones, Things that happen in all busy offices I am sure.

More thorough training.

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX

Pros

I've been with Nova for almost two years and I couldn't be happier working for a company like this. I have been very fortunate to join the team here and have seen many successes including myself. Coming to Nova was a great career move for me. I have learned so much and met some amazing people along the way. People who wanted the best for me and did anything to push me to succeed. The management team is great. Their constant effort to see me do well is motivating. I am convinced that if you follow the system they have in place you will without a doubt succeed! I can't imagine working for another company and anyone who is lucky enough to have the opportunity, take it!

Cons

In the beginning you work very hard to build your clientele but looking back the hard work really pays off.