Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

www.n-o-v-a.com
  www.n-o-v-a.com

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
4.0

Ulf Rohde

Pros
  • I suspect because the company is growing into other states rapidly (in 6 reviews)

• In all, Nova is a great place to work and grow both as a clinician and as an individual (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing that is not there in any sales job you may have (in 4 reviews)

• Hard work that requires serious motivation to reap the rewards (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

opportunities for growth

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

great pay and national opportunities

Cons

there isn't much of a team oriented culture in the office.

Great Company With Limitless Potential for Career Growth

Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Nova PT department has been great to work for. I have not encountered anything that I was not briefed about when I was interviewing for the position. This job was exactly as promised and has been a pleasure to perform. The patient population is outpatient orthopedics specializing in occupational medicine. For the most part, our patients are highly motivated to get better so that they can return to work as quickly as possible. Our therapy approach mirrors that philosophy as we take an aggressive sports medicine approach geared toward increasing participation in dynamic functional activities. While the case load can be demanding at times, Nova has an excellent corporate structure set up to provide assistance where necessary. Whenever my schedule seemed overwhelming, reinforcements arrived so that I could stay focused on providing excellent patient care. Administrative duties, marketing, and other aspects of the business are all handled by other members of the Nova team allowing me to focus purely on patient care. Nova's compensation is far above average including generous bonuses, student loan repayment, and a continuing education allowance. Nova truly cares about their employees and is willing to invest in their professional development. Professional development opportunities include monthly in-services, an entry level physical therapy program, and a PT forum where all therapists within the company can share news about new evidence and new techniques. Nova as a company is very invested in the growth of it's employees as they promote solely from within. If you are interested in progressing towards a more administrative role, Nova will give you the chance. If you are interested in working purely as a clinician and seeing patients, then they will give you that chance as well. In all, Nova is a great place to work and grow both as a clinician and as an individual. I was initially hesitant about signing on because the offer seemed "too good to be true." In retrospect, it is the best decision I have ever made!

Cons

Not every therapist will fit the Nova culture, but for those who like an aggressive sports medicine approach they will fit right in.

it has helped me get to where I am now.

Current Employee - N/A in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

everyone in the office is great they really treat you like family and encourage you to do your best. Managers and supervisors are understanding and nice.

Cons

the work can get overwhelming and most of the time you do get some very rude callers. Also, the work is a daily routine.

N/A

I have worked with Nova going on 3 years. I find it challenging, interesting and a solid industry.

Current Employee - Office in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Office in Houston, TX

Pros

I like that the company promotes from within and have seen very deserving people get promoted. Plus love my coworkers! They work with you for time off, family matters and such.

Cons

No set breaks, workload can get overwhelming sometimes, busy phones, Things that happen in all busy offices I am sure.

More thorough training.

Challenging & Ever changing

Current Employee - Office/Clerical in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Office/Clerical in Houston, TX

Pros

Definitely a great place to gain experience, and personal growth for the future - lots of opportunities to learn a little about everything.

Cons

Work load is overwhelming, and demand is always high, but constructive measures are not taken in a timely manner.

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX

Pros

I've been with Nova for almost two years and I couldn't be happier working for a company like this. I have been very fortunate to join the team here and have seen many successes including myself. Coming to Nova was a great career move for me. I have learned so much and met some amazing people along the way. People who wanted the best for me and did anything to push me to succeed. The management team is great. Their constant effort to see me do well is motivating. I am convinced that if you follow the system they have in place you will without a doubt succeed! I can't imagine working for another company and anyone who is lucky enough to have the opportunity, take it!

Cons

In the beginning you work very hard to build your clientele but looking back the hard work really pays off.

An Atmosphere of Excellence, An Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Three years ago today I started a journey that would alter and enhance my life. I sat down at a conference table in Houston, Texas, met the people who would ultimately become my work family, and immersed myself in a world of new knowledge and, most importantly, a climate of excellence. Three years ago today, I began my job at Nova Medical Centers as an Industrial Director in the Gulf Coast market.
    I thought I had a good handle on managing myself. I thought I knew how to present the information I had to work with in my previous work experiences. I thought I knew how to structure my day. This charming personality was quite enough to get me where I needed to go, right? ;-)
    My world was about to be restructured, and in the end, although I did not know it that day three years ago, I was going to emerge Better, Stronger, Faster. . . . Basically, I was about to become a Bionic Salesperson. And I would be built to be propelled to the next level, standing on a launch platform to other places within our company.
    I learned the industry, our product, and most importantly, the structure and expectations that we operated under. That structure was the skeleton, the bones that held my days all together. If you come to work with us, be prepared to operate within this structure! It will be your best friend. Go with the river. . . don’t swim against it. It will carry you to success.
    I grew. I evolved. . . . in so many ways. My ability to manage my day and myself increased exponentially. My book of business grew. And one day, I got a phone call, asking me to move into a management position in one of our emerging markets.
    I am privileged to be a part of my Texas team. We work together and we have fun together. Expectations are high for ALL of us. We work in an environment of excellence. This is a place for people who are passionate about their work and their lives. If you have that level of energy and enthusiasm and can be committed to a structure that will support you and offer you the tools to succeed, Nova Medical Centers is an excellent career choice for you. Your talents will be valued and rewarded.

Cons

Cannot be lukewarm in your commitment to your job. This job requires passion and enthusiasm.

Continue to foster the team atmosphere, and you will have employees who will work tirelessly for this company!

Great company to work for with a forward thinking attitude.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Professional
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Professional

Pros

I have been working with Nova Medical Centers for almost 2 years . I started with the company as an Industrial Director, cold calling, prospecting, scheduling appointments, and developing relationships with businesses. Since then I have been promoted to an Assistant Team Lead. I help manage a team in the South Texas region. Nova Medical Centers has a great working environment with talented leadership. The company is still growing which also means there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. It is definitely a great company to work for with a forward thinking attitude.

Cons

The company’s expectations are high and can be challenging but it is very rewarding. Compensation can be very lucrative. It is also very structured, but it sets you up to be successful.

I found my career and its a GOOD ONE!!

Current Employee - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX

Pros

This was one of the best decisions I have made career wise. Nova Medical Centers has been such a blessing to me and my family. I have been here for almost 2 years and have never thought to myself " I don't want to go to work today". I absolutely love what I do and believe in Nova Medical Centers. Nova is a step above the rest and our customers can see that in the service they receive!!

I've read reviews on here about being micro-managed and having to work long hours after work. I will say this, in the beginning it's hard! When I first started I had a 6 month old. Having to work after hours was difficult for me. But you know what, I'm not regretting it now!! My commission reflects all the hard work I put in! That's because Nova sets you up to be successful FAST. Your commission always goes up every month and there is no cap. Also, the working after hours goes down as well. Like I stated earlier in the beginning it is hard, but I'm not sure what job isn't hard when you first start out.

In regards to the micro-management, if you are doing your job then honestly you shouldn't have a problem being micro-managed. The Managers are making sure that you are on the path for success and that you continue to grow. My Managers have always been available to answer every question as well as give me advise on certain situations. They have been nothing but helpful and encouraging. Typically, the people that have had a hard time with the micro-management atmosphere where the ones that needed it the most. I can honestly say that I have never once felt like I was micro-managed or treated unfairly by management.

Also, Nova doesn't hide anything. You are told during the interview process that this job is difficult in the BEGINNING and that you have to work hard. You are also told that the Managers are proactive and care about your career and want to make sure you are successful. It's not your typical sales job where you can make your own hours or work from home. They tell you all this upfront in the interview.

One of the best things about Nova Medical Centers is that there is a huge opportunity for growth. Nova is growing at a rapid pace because we are a step above the rest and there is a really high need for us. We are in 3 States now and our goal is to be Nationwide soon. So the opportunities are endless at this company.

Needless to say, if you are a hard worker and want to benefit from that, this is the place for you!! Nova rewards hard work and is a wonderful company to work for!! I would jump on the bandwagon NOW!!!

Cons

Not everyone is a good fit for this company.

Keep on doing what you are doing :)

Augusta Rocks!!!

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

Working hard pays off!!!Great team, everyone cares about the success of the NMC location. Looking forward to growing with the company. Management is always readily available. The reviews from the other people on this site are job hoppers who were upset that they could not hide out and get away with it.

Cons

This is not a job, it is a career. Be prepared to work hard and be micromanaged.

Keep growing the company!