NovaStor

www.novastor.com

NovaStor Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2014
NovaStor – Agoura Hills – “USA Corporate Headquaters”

Stefan Utzinger

Great Work Environment with Uniquely Positive, Small Business Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Agoura Hills, CA

ProsEveryone has a voice at NovaStor and has the opportunity to present in front of the entire office in one of the weekly Friday morning breakfasts (on the company). It's an all-hands on deck company where everyone pitches in to get the job done. It is one of the most positive, encouraging work environments I have ever had the privilege of working in. Oh and they offer medical insurance for your entire family at no cost to the employees.

ConsNo 401K, but lucky for me I already had an IRA account set up so at least I'm still planning for my retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever get rid of Friday morning breakfasts. This is a unique trait of NovaStor and the presentations truly offer greater visibility and transparency for all employees.

Time was not wasted, but resentment remains.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Agoura Hills, CA

ProsI will say that NovaStor helped me jump-start my career in technology so I have a lot of appreciation that I was given this opportunity. No other high-end technology company would hire someone so inexperienced.

ConsFavoritism is a huge problem here, both in Germany and the US. The CEO sponsors young female marketing assistants and provides luxurious international business travel opportunities to them just because. NovaStor likes to recycle old employees who have been fired in the past and bring them back as managers with an outrageous salary. When you train a behavior like this, old habits come back and business suffers. I should also mention there is zero room for advancement within the company and people who have been there for a while are bitter and you can feel it. Commission reports aren't printed so you have no idea how they calculate what you make, I know because I was burned but too late now.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo German management: Advice? Stop your favoritism and show all your hard working US employees some appreciation, more than a chocolate from time to time.

To US management: Hire a real HR person, be honest and appreciate what is in front of you. Don't look for greener grass when the greenest is right under your nose.

The company lacks true leadership and focus

ProsThere are some great, talented employees that have worked there! And some still remain loyal to this place. The products seem to improve by leaps and bounds.

ConsThe company's management is extremely lacking in leadership. A few egos should truly be left outside the door, or let go from the company altogether.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people you've hired. Some of them might just know what they're doing and it might help grow and strengthen your business. If you don't believe in them your business is destined to remain stagnant and ultimately fail.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work for driven individuals

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Agoura Hills, CA

ProsGood Pay
    Great benefits
    Casual Atmosphere
    Open door policy with company Owners
    Flexible company thats easy to do business with

Conssometimes one might feel lost without direction - that is because management trusts you to make the right decision for the company and it is up to you to ask for direction and guidence - open door policy with management / owners as this is a management owned company...

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work...

Easy money for people with no pride in their work.

Sales (Former Employee) Simi Valley, CA

ProsNovaStor has a relaxed atmosphere, for the most part.

ConsThere is ZERO chance for advancement at NovaStor. There is a huge amount of favoritism. Management lacks clear direction. Rather than making realistic projections, sales goals are constantly changing based on the sales force's (lack of) success and management whims.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe B.O.D. in Europe is completely blind as to the incompetence of the leadership in the U.S.

Worked for NovaStor? Contribute to the Community!