Novant Health Reviews

Reset

1. Nurse

Current Employee - Nirse
    Current Employee - Nirse

I have been working at Novant Health part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good for working moms

Cons

Opportunities for education are not as prevalent as I would like

Advice to Management

None

2. Novant Health

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Novant Health (More than a year)

Pros

Many dedicated, hard-working employees. Leadership drives improvement.

Cons

Technology maturity lags behind other industries. Organization is very reactive. No pay for performance.

Advice to Management

Focus on direct communications with the business and on longer term, strategic goals

Administrative Assistant

Pros

Very structured environment with great benefits

Cons

A lot of very lazy management that does not want to motivate, handle employee issues.

5. Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Novant Health (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, good atmosphere, teamwork dirven

Cons

Top heavy, executive level didn't want to take time to listen to lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Carl Armato is great!! Keep up the good work.

6. EKG TECH

Former Employee - Monitor Tech in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Monitor Tech in Manassas, VA

Pros

PLEASANT CO-WORKERS. PROFESSIONALISM AT WORKS. FREQUENT IN SERVICE TRAINING AVAILABLE TO WORKERS. CONTINUOUS EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT KEEPS THE TEAM WORK AT THE SAME LEVEL OF EDUCATION.

Cons

salaries need to raised in order to retain hard working staff. May be introduction of three shifts can buffer the fatigue of night shifts

Advice to Management

please introduce a middle shift or adding a third shift to help buffer the fatigue of night shift for better productivity

Receptionist

Pros

Great coworkers. Office moral was pretty much always positive

Cons

Long hours, management is not always available when needed

8. ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Novant Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are ok. However, for all the crap they put us through the benefits should be equal everywhere in the company. If I go to a hospital in Winston Salem or to an office in Charlotte but it is not. Oh this is the pros section.....I got a purple shirt

Cons

Money, Money, Money!!! I have worked in health care for several years and never understood how the money worked within healthcare until I started working with this company. I work in a small office and we have a certain patient number we have to maintain or we loose money thus we are turning patients in and out so fast we can't keep up. It makes me almost want to change careers. We don't have a chance to even listen to the patient which breaks my heart. That is very important in healthcare. With Novant, especially if you work for a small clinic its MONEY OVER PATIENTS!!!!

Advice to Management

Money isn't everything. In fact down the line you will probably loose a lot of valuable Nurses, Physicians, and sadly patients because of money. If money is that big of an issue you might be surprised in the amount of people that might even work part time to down size for a while or work at other clinics or hospitals. There are other options instead of being a bully

9. Horrible place to work

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Novant Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Other than the people I worked with, there aren't any pros that i can think of

Cons

Experience doesn't mean anything to Novant, the more degrees and the better that you know how to suck up to upper management I'd the name of the game. People who spread rumors and lies are the people who get listened to, and their "truth" get honest, decent, hardworking people called on the carpet at least weekly until the innocent person is written up, gets fed up, and leaves. These same "truthbringers" are also the ones who get promoted over the ones with actual experience. Units are understaffed, staff is overworked, and the supposed not for profit organization only concerns itself with their bottom line. Administration makes the decisions without knowing or caring how it will truly affect patient safety. Finally, their shared governance is a joke, it's there so they can apply for and get Magnet status.

Advice to Management

Start at the top and clean house. Find people to run your hospitals who know how to listen to its staff, make staff satisfaction as important as your patient satisfaction.

10. Novant Health

Pros

Novant Health provides great insurance benefits for employees. Although this is a healthcare compnay, there are many job opportunities for non-clinical persons. The atmosphere in my department is relaxed and is very team oriented. There are many locations in the state of North Carolina, so options are extensive.

Cons

There could be more room for advancement.

House Supervisor

Former Employee - House Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - House Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I liked My colleges, I liked my contact with customers/ patients. I liked the fact that I reported directly to the Director of Nursing and the COO. I liked the fact that I had a global view of the whole facility.

Cons

Administration at highest levels makes poor choices. Most changes are based on productivity and reimbursement not acuity. The hours take their toll on your personal life and health. Many poor choices on advancement of some employees. The trend at the present is to remove long term employees that have higher salaries and benefits for newer employees that just say "yes" and lack critical thinking skills. Recent layoff of 400 people was unexpected, and the estimates of total loss of jobs is not accurate- few people are being offered similar positions elsewhere, typically it is a newly created position with less compensation.

Advice to Management

Senior Management focus should be less on their bonuses and perks and focus more on the people that actually care for their customers. Make better choices on advancement of some employees. Make the employees at the lower levels feel like they are important and being heard.

RSS Feed </> Embed