Novant Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Novant Health Senior Executive Vice President Carl Armato

Carl Armato

Pros
  • Large company with great benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Work environment is nice, enjoy the people I work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many people employed in upper management, but not enough employed at the patient level (in 10 reviews)

• These upper elite members of managers and supervisors have little to no knowledge about their actual departments (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Professional and Caring Company

Insurance/Billing Clerk (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsGreat Co-workers, Good Pay and Decent Benefits. Good Manager. PTO time is sufficient.

ConsSome might think it is a bit "too corporate".

Where Ignorance, Bigotry, and Bullish Behaviior Reign Free

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits and pay was on par with the industry. Most Co-Workers are friendly and hard working.

ConsLeadership architecture is based on a who's who hierarchy based out of Winston-Salem. These upper elite members of managers and supervisors have little to no knowledge about their actual departments. Espionage and backstabbing on co-workers is encouraged and will excel you up the ladder. Any complaint made to the Human Resources Department is met with swift and severe Retaliation. Human Resources Department is purposely staffed with morons that do not even know the company policy and are easily coerced by Management. If you excel at your job but do not fit in with the clique you will be ousted from communication, overloaded with work in attempts to force your failure, and if those tactics do not work lies, policy manipulation, and the falsifying of evidence will be used to discharge you.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose Leaders to elevate to Leadership Positions, not on personal favorites or preferences. Honor thy employee handbook!! Do not allow managers to use bullish tactics to eliminate those who challenge them. Educate Human Resources Department.

A remarkable company with great ideas for healthcare.

Patient Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) Manassas, VA

ProsNovant is always looking to make healthcare better for everyone involved. They have good policies and make it easy to work for them. They have great benefits. Its also very easy to talk to management throughout the company.

ConsThe pay is not the greatest, and they are very strict about overtime. Also, if you work in the Northern Virginia Market, you do not see a lot of the higher people on the boards from North Carolina. Sometimes feel as though you are a completely separate entity instead of one large group.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

ProsLarge system. Plenty of Opportunity.

ConsWork-life balance. Pay not competitve

Definitely Not Old Presbyterian Organization

Data Entry (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFrom my time here, it seems to be room for growth if you are willing to work hard.

ConsI realize there has to be change to stay afloat but it seems kind of cold and corporate with the "corporate" jargon.

Up and coming

ProsCompany rewards your hard work

ConsTerrible review process that needs attention

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee forums

Excellent Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsProvide opportunities for leadership development
    Allow management autonomy
    Good environments for working, especially as a new
    manager
    Tend to take risks as an organization - so there are lots of new roles for an employee to have a diverse career with one employer

ConsGrowth and expansion did not always allow corporate offices to maintain positive culture
    Some upper management positions have clearly been in the role too long, I did not have the experience, but others certainly did.
    Sometimes forget to do the things that made them Novant

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to reach out to employees at the bedside, they are your first line of customer service. Train leaders very well, try to push them out of the nest more often - it is very easy to stay and not experience all the Novant culture has taught you in a new opportunity. A difficult company to leave, but once I did - it was extremely rewarding professionally and financially.

A wonderful group of people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGreat attitudes in all units and departments I've worked with. People care about each other and are understanding to staff needs. Great benefits package. Good communication across hierarchy.

ConsPay rate slightly lower but benefits package more than makes up for it especially after 1 year. Transferring from one facility to another can be challenging but it is definitely possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the open communication. Transparency has improved a ton and employees really appreciate this.

Wonderful place to work if you don't have to deal with corporate too much.

End User Technology (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThe environment fosters a teamwork mentality, and although communication can be better across the board (I've yet to see a place where this isn't true), important changes are usually handled well. The atmosphere is one of tolerance and co-workers quickly become friends. Excellent opportunity for growth and promotion within the company.

ConsCorporate management often has unrealistic expectations, and the staff often pay the price for bad decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to spend time with your staff, and know the job from the bottom up. It really helps to see things from alternate perspectives, and knowing that management sees the struggles on the floor helps morale.

No Comment

Business Office Worker (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWorked for this company for 16 years

ConsGreat business to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Comment

Worked for Novant Health? Contribute to the Community!