Novartis

www.novartis.com

Novartis Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Novartis CEO Joseph (Joe) Jimenez Jr.

Joseph (Joe) Jimenez Jr.

Pros
  • Work life balance can be achieved if you prioritize it(in 14 reviews)

• Great products, challenging environment, good pay and benefits(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are different cultural norms for work/life balance depending on site & business unit(in 11 reviews)

• People loosing focus on business due to senior management style(in 6 reviews)

operator

Production (Current Employee) Humacao, PR

Prosi work because i need the job experience

ConsFDA training,GMP training, safety training

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Overall Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid benefits packages, awards etc., phase II/III pipeline products

Consinability of Senior Leadership to properly forecast inorganic growth and new product approvals, which has led to the displacement of close to 3000 representatives across several divisions over the past 4/5 years.

Contractor - Learning Management Systems Administrator

Learning Management Systems Associate (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsThere are ton's of interesting events going on all of the time. Each month they hold a big Fiesta for the employees with more food than you can imagine. Also they have discussion forums and open events for employees to learn more about the science Novartis is working on.

ConsIt is a big company, you can get lost in the shuffle. I have been a contractor for over a year and a half.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uncertain future for site.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsUsed to be a great place to work. Better managers are no longer with the site. But then neither are most of the terrible ones that triggered the decline. Jury is still out on the new recruits.

ConsSite is not viable long term. High overhead, drastically reduced product portfolio. Reduced volumes. For a site of this size, no volume = no long term future. Anyone good still left is likely hanging on to false hope that the site will survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is beyond advice.

Very good company to grow your career

Director (Current Employee) East Hanover, NJ

ProsGreat purpose to care and cure patients, high corporate code of conduct and social responsibility, smart and talented people, friendly and open culture

ConsStill fragmented Divisions limit the benefits of leveraging one another, global yet does not centralize which leads to complexity and very difficult to move talent across Divisions

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit was a good opportunity

Consi had very heavy workload.

Sales Representative

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsExcellent Company to work for. More pros than cons. Long term great experience and opportunity. Strong future ahead even with this 2 year setback.

ConsGenerics overtaking market. Difficult market for the next two years. Poor opportunity at the moment but in the long term Novartis will continue to grow and succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on talented employees

IT management

IT Functional Information Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for Novartis for more 10 years, first few years were great and the CIO actually knew what is needed and what the strategy was, he was very much a people person and actual had conversation with his staff and their staff. I was able to deliver 8-10 large systems which people still use today. Learned lots of things and charted the areas that we're not even thought of until recently. Current management is too busy trying find out what to?

ConsManagement does not know how to run the business and support the business technically. Directors and above are too busy trying to get promoted and not do anything for many years to show for accomplishments and these people are the one that gets promoted. Take a look at track record and you will see, people under them did the work and credit is taken by the director and they are getting promoted. It is like college club house and it takes long to get in, if you are not in get out. There is no way you will ever get recognized or promoted. No direction, lack of trust, egoistic and opinionated culture. Do not trust anyone. HR will only listen to management no matter what the facts are so better if leave and find other companies to work for and for less money. Long hours too.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look inside yourself and can you look in mirror and say you have been fair and honest. You will see dishonesty and inhuman behavior. Practice what you preach, you should learn and behave in what Novartis culture and beliefs are first and practice.

More focused on the buddy system than operations

Manufacturing Associate II (Current Employee) Holly Springs, NC

ProsIt is better to work here than to be unemployed

Conslow pay for the amount of work that is done, too much inexperience,focused on favoritism instead of operations, poor management, sacrifices quality for quantity,

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your people, fix the problems instead of putting a bandage on it, focus on quality instead of quantity, stop the favoritism, pay should match the amount of work that is done.

Novartis does not reward or acknowledge performers.....

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are a Diversity hire or employee....your future is bright.

ConsIf you are a white male high proven performer....you will be passed up 90% of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your performers and stop promoting and hiring people because your worried about another lawsuit.

Worked for Novartis? Contribute to the Community!