Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research

www.nibr.com

Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research – Cambridge – “Novartis president and Cambrige Mayor at…”

Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research CEO Joseph Jimenez

Joseph Jimenez

Pros
  • Wonderful work-life balance; CEO is doing a fantastic job(in 9 reviews)

• Lots of talents and very matrix working environment(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It is such a large company it can be overwhelming(in 4 reviews)

• Big company is beaurocratic, difficult to move around in, competitive(in 2 reviews)

Great place to work

Scientific Technical Leader I (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsDriven colleagues, career and personal development opportunities, meritocracy (at least in some divisions)

ConsFormer culture of prejudice based on pedigree and old habits die hard

Advice to Senior ManagementStack ranking-esque review process can be demoralizing. Group heads should speak to associates about their managers more often. "Anonymous" 360 reviews are poor ways to learn about middle managers. Associates are not comfortable criticizing managers for fear of retribution.

Novartis, an innovative biopharma company who excels in cancer target discovery and validation leading to drug discovery

Scientist I (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsNovartis awards employees with excellent incentive bonus to be innovative and creative in scientific thinking towards drug development

ConsNovartis is pursuing both delivering quality patient care through the drug discovery program and making business profits at the same time, the latter is more preferred at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNovartis vision & mission statements are well composed and to be admired therefore business strategies should revolve in the fulfillment of the company's vision & mission statements.

Very good Company

Investigator I (Current Employee) Z├╝rich (Switzerland)

ProsThere are full of energetic people working for it, It has a beautiful environment.

ConsI have not found any.

Advice to Senior Managementwell done

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fabulous Place to Work!

ProsExcellent manager and team; extremely supportive environment; super smart people and lots of autonomy. Wonderful work-life balance; CEO is doing a fantastic job!

ConsAbsolutely nothing negative to report. This company truly understands how to attract and keep great talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Data-driven science culture

Investigator III (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsDecisions are generally data-driven, not market-driven

Consheavy workload, competitive work environment

Great place to work

Prosgreat people, great facilities, great science

Consslow-moving corporate culture, lots of red-tape

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be afraid to move faster when you need to

Associate II

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

Prosworking culture is generally in an open environment, associates consistently engage in discussion to about scientific problems, nice and humble people. Nice cafeteria food as well. 6.95$ for a large lobster roll sandwich, cant get a better deal anywhere else!

ConsBuildings are not next to each other, have to walk in the cold in between buildings during winter

Good summer

Intern - Chemistry (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsThe people are nice and work together well, and you can tell everyone is pretty intelligent

ConsIn my short time, I didn't find any dowsides

intellectually stimulating environment

ProsFriendly and collaborative environment.
    Focus on innovation and quality research.

ConsLimited employment opportunities for current postdocs.

Exceptional employer

ProsNovartis is a large global employers with strong benefits packages, a great working environment, good work-life-balance.

ConsThere is not a lot of internal development opportunities if non-scientists at the Research Institute.

Worked for Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research? Contribute to the Community!