Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Novartis Pharmaceuticals President André Wyss

André Wyss

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Inspirational company but with some giant egos hindering progress

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Frimley, England (UK)

ProsFor the majority of my time there I loved going to work. I worked on projects within several areas of the UK organisation, and with the leadership team, which gave me quite an honest insight to 'how things are'. Overall, this is an aspirational company with some truly talented individuals and an inspirational portfolio and pipeline. Their development programme is excellent - tough, but bursting with exciting opportunity if you want to carve a career.

ConsOne negative result of the development programme, and a general cultural shift in recent times, is that some leaders are focussed primarily on their own career path, to the detriment of progress and good business practices. It can also be quite political which directly impacts the progression of brilliant ideas when middle-managers choose not to back something for bureacratic reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let mediocre leadership qualities and patchy middle management spoil this amazing company.

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novartis Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings in Frimley, England — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novartis Pharmaceuticals CEO André Wyss. All reviews posted anonymously by Novartis Pharmaceuticals employees.