Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Reviews in Frimley, England

3.5

Novartis Pharmaceuticals President André Wyss
André Wyss

Pros
  • Good work life balance with many activities for company bonding (in 36 reviews)

• good company with good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work load is just too much and there is absolutely no work life balance at all (in 24 reviews)

• No work life balance and lack of promotion opportunity (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Inspirational company but with some giant egos hindering progress

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Frimley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Frimley, England (UK)

I worked at Novartis Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For the majority of my time there I loved going to work. I worked on projects within several areas of the UK organisation, and with the leadership team, which gave me quite an honest insight to 'how things are'. Overall, this is an aspirational company with some truly talented individuals and an inspirational portfolio and pipeline. Their development programme is excellent - tough, but bursting with exciting opportunity if you want to carve a career.

Cons

One negative result of the development programme, and a general cultural shift in recent times, is that some leaders are focussed primarily on their own career path, to the detriment of progress and good business practices. It can also be quite political which directly impacts the progression of brilliant ideas when middle-managers choose not to back something for bureacratic reasons.

Don't let mediocre leadership qualities and patchy middle management spoil this amazing company.

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!