Novartis

www.novartis.com

Novartis Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Novartis CEO Joseph (Joe) Jimenez Jr.

Joseph (Joe) Jimenez Jr.

Pros
  • Work life balance can be achieved if you prioritize it (in 14 reviews)

• Great products, challenging environment, good pay and benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are different cultural norms for work/life balance depending on site & business unit (in 11 reviews)

• People loosing focus on business due to senior management style (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A-type entrepreneurial environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLatitude to align passions with work goals
    Good work - life balance

ConsLimited transparency in career growth or development. Career growth is limited largely to a select group of "chosen ones". Is definitely tied to who you know and who likes you vs merit based.

Many opportunities throughout the Novartis network.

Analyst (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsThe benefits are excellent. The pay is also good. They are good about promoting from within and presenting you with many opportunities to move within the company.

ConsThe work life balance. The company preaches on the importance of work life balance, but doesn't seem to follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementStable and consistent management will help get things back on track.

overall a positive place to work although in recent years the company has taken on a brand new persona.

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsDown to earth company culture. Recognizes and rewards those deserving of it.

ConsNovartis became increasingly untrusting of representatives because of ongoing legal trouble the company faced. Led to a culture that didn't encourage open and honest communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe movement toward robot managers that care less about their team and more about their personal well being will prove to be the wrong move for Novartis as a whole.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company...too many changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlways depends on your manager!

ConsDrugs that have gone generic.

Great company, wrong people!!!

Associate Director (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal company with a really nice corporate structure.

ConsPeople without the needed experience to run a pharmaceutical plant makes it a chanllenge to spend a day without being frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be overcompliant, but put enough care in compliance that we can run a business and have the regulatory agencies and our customers happy.

Pros and cons. Typical big pharma in many ways

Nurse Educator (Current Employee)

ProsLarge, diverse company with multiple divisions. Reasonable pay and benefits. Many great people to collaborate with.

ConsInnovations and creativity is frowned upon. Moral in many divisions at an all time low. Bonus structure very arbitrary and volatile.

Dicey leadership

Research Associate (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsGreat work life balance here

ConsManagement must do better job

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

CFO

Prosgood pay and benefits, good environment

Conslots of temporary contractors filling for open permanent positions

Advice to Senior Managementhire more fulltime employees instead of army of temporary contractors

Summer Intern at Novartis Oncology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat experience, company treats its employers well

ConsI was only there for the summer and I had a great experience

Excellent talent management program

Head of Marketing (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsInternational assignments, divisional and geographical rotations. Short tenures of 2-3 years. Very flexible. Your stock options can move with you, unlike most other schemes.

ConsVery beaurocratic. Very PowerPoint decision driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce bureaucracy and decision making by powerpoint

Worked for Novartis? Contribute to the Community!