Novartis V&D

www.novartisdiagnostics.com

Novartis V&D Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Novartis V&D – US – “High speed packaging”

Novartis V&D CEO Andrin Oswald

Andrin Oswald

Pros
  • Good benefits and care about their employees(in 5 reviews)

• Opportunities to travel and career advancement(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too controlling and poor work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• senior management has no clue on how to manage their own teams(in 4 reviews)

Ok

ProsLike my coworkers, but there is often a lack of direction.

ConsUncertainty with where will end up.

Nice while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Vaccine Industry is great to work in. Access to customers is fantastic.

ConsThe industry is fun to work in, and many of the people were great as well. The downside was that the company's interest in the vaccine industry decreased as the viability of the division became questionable.

High stress, No reward, Tons of Office Politics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Holly Springs, NC

ProsSome departments have somewhat flexible hours, other than that there weren't really any perks. The work culture is a toxic culture. All the good people are in the process of leaving or have already left.

ConsTraining is terrible and unorganized. People are forced to be signed off on things before they are comfortable which results in many deviations. There is no work-life balance. All of the departments are understaffed and are required to work a lot of overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes. Most of the full time employees there don't do any actual work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to be a woman in IT; very few women in senior leadership positions

IT Management (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, a company mission that is fulfilling to be a part of

ConsSr. Management is not strong, good old boys network, lip service to diversity, values and behaviors - but not truly something that drives behavior; corporate culture is closed, favoritism is rampant; work-life balance is nonexistent - if you work hard - you are rewarded with being asked to work harder; too many politics

Good working experience

ProsGood benefits and care about their employees.

ConsBig company and moves slow.

Great Working Experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsGood career advancement opportunities, good mentoring, company benefits and salaries are competitive, café on site. On-site gym also provides a variety of classes. Nice perks. Lots of collaboration in my department.

ConsSome of the employees (administrative and other levels) are not offered company stock as part of their employment package. I personally don't think this is fair as they are valuable contributors as well.

Great Internship

Intern (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsGreat place to learn and gain industry experience. As an intern, me mentor gave me many chances to grow and develop

ConsNovartis Diagnostics was recently purchased by Grifols. Not sure if this is a pro or con yet, but it is something to consider

Good place to learn.

Engineer (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsBenefits, Pay, Majority of the people work well together.

ConsManagement assigns resources to projects that do not have the subject matter experts to complete the tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to listen to your employees. We have a lot of experience and know-how.

Great place to gain experience with how a company trying to lead does things

Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsUnparelled benfits. Really strong processes that exhibit true leadership in the industry. Integration of values and behaviors rating into performance review encourages people to play nice.

ConsHigh stress environment. Lots of politics and etiquette. Staff can get pigeon-holed in their roles/department. Advancement difficult unless you are male and have a european accent.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen engagement skill sets and reduce competition within middle/senior management. Look for feedback from two layers down to really understand on the ground conditions, vs. what your direct reports are telling you.

Great place to get the life force sucked out of you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood package & perks, great for ladder climbers

ConsCorporate culture is toxic. No vision past profit-taking, lots of right-now projects without resources. Accountability is not addressed within the ranks of management. Infrastructure in shambles.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo sense in giving advice to management. They aren't listening.

Worked for Novartis V&D? Contribute to the Community!