Novation

Add Photos

Jody Hatcher

Excellent training and development

Finance (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIt's a great place to foster relationships and network with others. The open environment allows you to interact with others in positions that you may not normally encounter at other places.

ConsThe open environment could also be a con. If you're not used to the noise level it can be distracting. Otherwise it's not bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish that Novation would be a market leader in Family/Work life benefits. I learned recently from another co-worker that Novation does not offer paid maternity leave. Also, paternity leave is only one week and unpaid as well. I have worked for companies that paid at least six weeks of maternity leave at 100% and anytime after that, up to 12 weeks at 80%. Also, places I have worked have given two to four weeks of paid paternity leave. This included adoption as well.

Growth company with growing pains.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIntelligent employee base. Opportunity for advancement. Growing organization. #1 in its space. Pay and benefits are very competitive. Great location in DFW.

ConsHigh employee turnover. Limited training for new employees. Employee burnout. Little empowerment. Too few employees to handle the growth of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview turnover and subsequent training. High turnover with little training of new employees is bad mix. Employees will not make decisions for fear of reprisal. The simplest of decisions cannot be made at the line level.

Growing organization in space with growing needs for its services.

Staff Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIt's a growing, innovative organization meeting a painful need for the healthcare industry looking to cut costs in supply chain. Light years ahead of their competition.

ConsFast paced, high pressure on the sourcing side of the house. Some high turnover for contract managers. Depending on the area you work in, work life balance can be an issue.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok company, terrible bonuses.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood direction, amazing investment in analytics

ConsTerrible pay, hard to advance from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within.

Good company but very political

ProsThe company has a good mission and good benefits including PTO from day one. Family is also important to the company

ConsThe company is extremely political. It is all about who you know not performance that drives opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink smaller. The company moves very slow at times.

Great company values, great people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsHospitals really need to save money. This company does a tremendous job helping hospital supply chain members achieve great savings, so it has realized great growth

ConsHierarchal - not a flat organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow make sure that you don't get any few bad apples that will spoil the tremendous positive culture. Also figure out how to put each person to their best use while making sure that senior leaders still can make sure that no big mistakes are made.

Revenue Analyst

Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsStability, Benefits, Culture, and Management

ConsThe company does not offer flex time or the option to work from home.

Novation

ProsGreat place to work! Open door, casual atmosphere. Leadership is very straight talking, open and easy to work with.

ConsNothing i can think of.

management is under educated in assessing the amount of work involved in a specific job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossalary is good, work from home availability, expanding quickly

Consoverworked, unappreciated, poor management and lack of structure

Great Place to Develop a Career"

Sourcing Executive (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFriendly, intelligent people; Excellent benefits and perks; Strong culture with happy employees; Lots of room for development and mentorship; Rewarding work helping to reduce costs in healthcare.

Novation is growing rapidly as the alliances also become larger. Organization is innovative and ahead of the curve. There are lots of organizational events such as community day, happy hours, baseball games, and team-building. Training and on-boarding is excellent for the size of the organization. Leadership seems to geniunly care for the employees, and it is a supportive environment. The talent is strong.

ConsHigh-deductable health plan; May not be as accepting of work-from-home arrangements as other innovative companies. It can also be challenging to get new technology or supplies for some reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Novation? Contribute to the Community!