Novelty Inc.

2.1

Todd Green

New Direction

I have been working at Novelty Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you like a challenge and can see how technology drives accessories sales, then this is the place to be. Any store with a register can increase their sales and profitability with Novelty Inc. new product mix.

Cons

well it is in Greenfield.

There are good people here that are very dedicated but not happy with the vacation time and personal time off, as well as time around the holidays.Balance is important and these people do have lives, children and things that they need time off for. Re think for a needed face lift on time off.

Good

Current Employee - Accountant in Greenfield, IN
    Current Employee - Accountant in Greenfield, IN

I have been working at Novelty Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Improved morale. New management staff that you can begin to see improvements. New management that shows that they care.

Cons

Culture needs better harmonization and brought together as one team.

Acknowledge that employees make a difference. Reward them for good performance.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Novelty Inc.

Pros

We have new faces here that care about the employees and that care about the business. I am a current employee here and I see the difference. I think things are moving in the right direction and that it takes time to make things better. Give it a chance, it only takes one person to make a difference!

Cons

I currently do not notice any cons, I have not been here a full year and don't see any cons.

Unethical, Hostile Work Environment!

I have been working at Novelty Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

With the unusually high employee turn-over, you meet a lot of new people. No "Pros" here. It's all "Cons".

Cons

This company is down-right "creepy"! Worse job I EVER had. I left the company without having a new job to fall back on, and was unemployed. That is how bad it was. The "culture" is simply poison. It's such a sick, hostile work place, they can't keep a single HR Representive. They had 3 different HR Reps QUIT, in the few months that I was there. The lack of leadership is from the top, the owner. and his "top" people. There is no chance this company will ever change.... do yourself a HUGE favor if you're looking for a job... keep looking!
    The best thing I ever did was get out of there!

You should realize the value of the individuals that you hire. Just because "you can replace anyone, anytime", ( a quote from the owner), doesn't mean you should. Your "revolving door" of talent and skilled employees should tell you something.

Don't work here!!

Former Employee - Route Sales in Greenfield, IN
    Former Employee - Route Sales in Greenfield, IN

I worked at Novelty Inc. full-time

Pros

Being on your own. Interacting with the customers there are no other pros. Don't work here. Stay away. They'll lie to get you to
    Work here

Cons

Pay sucks
    Managers are horrible
    Cheap products always break
    To many hours have to work extra hours
    Loading truck with no pay

Stick to warehouse wholesale

Great Products Brilliant creative Ideas - Antiquated systems

Former Employee - Salesman in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Salesman in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Novelty Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Products are cutting edge, Benefits are good

Cons

1 or 2 people in upper management think they can do whatever they want and our only out for themselves, creating a hostile environment, which leads to a revolving door for most of sales force. It is really a shame, because their is a lot of potential with the broad portfolio of products to sell.

Look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative

I worked at Novelty Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro i can think of is that its a very independent job.

Cons

Wow!! Many Cons to begin with!!

-Lack of Communication
    -Lack of Support
    -Lot of Travel, Ideal for someone who is not married or has kids
    -Pay was restructured be prepared for slave labor with little pay
    -Lot of extra work with no pay
    -Poor Leadership
    -Quick to fire Veteran employee's with medical issues
    -More about the bottom line then the employee
    -Equipment is low end and out of date (this is how you get paid)
    -Need to stay on top of payroll to ensure you get your correct pay
    -They Cut pay with a week's notice
    -You will work twice as hard for the same amount of money
    - If an issue comes up good luck with getting someone on the phone to back you up
    - If you need to get your truck serviced that will be on your time, if you can find someone who is available on the weekend on your day off
    - Be prepared for your accounts to not comply with their contracts therefore you lose money on your paycheck and basically feel like your working for free.
    - Huge turnover rate
    -Low morale

Management needs to utilize their employees who go that extra mile and you could do everything you can to make sure that they are happy and well compensated. Would be nice to feel like a valued employee and you would listen to us, the employee who is out there on the front line. Quit thinking about your bottom line so much that it affects your employee's morale. If you would treat your employee's right your good ones wouldn't seek other opportunities.

Short term

I have been working at Novelty Inc.

Pros

For employee Good overall Benefits

Cons

Don't continue to change Pay

HORRIBLE

I have been working at Novelty Inc.

Pros

My position seems to be fairly secure.

Cons

Owner does not care about employees AT ALL. Upper management is complete chaos. Offensive supervisors that also don't seem to care how much they disrespect other employees. You do not get any sick days here. You do not get any personal days. You do not get vacation time until you have been here a year, then it's 40 hrs of vacation until you hit your 3rd year and then you get 80 hours. If you are sick or need to miss, it comes out of your vacation or you have to make it up. For some reason, you cannot just take a day or time off without pay. You do not get the day after Thanksgiving off unless you take a vacation day. Same with Christmas. Management, however, abuses these rules and then expects underlings to follow them to the letter. Absolutely the worst place i have ever worked.

I agree with another post that Todd Green should either sell the company or get a clue as to how to treat employees.

Please!!! DO NOT got to work here.....Please

Current Employee - Route Sales
    Current Employee - Route Sales

I have been working at Novelty Inc.

Pros

Route sales gives you independence

Cons

Very poor management, Will not listen to employees feedback from the field, will not work with employees to resolve issues.. overall.... It is really a poorly run company that is suffers from a lack of communication, poor management and runs on a "by the seat of your pants" mentality. I have no idea how this company is still around.

Mr Green should sell the company, and let someone who really cares about the employee take over. This could be a really great company if it was run properly.