Noven Pharmaceuticals

Good company

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits
    Good salary
    Training and Development

Cons

Communication, planning, reduced promotions, excesive meetings reduce management visibility and interaction in the floor

Increase interaction with shopflow employees

The good, The bad, and The ugly.

I have been working at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Company seems to try and make their employees feel happy and good about working at Noven. Owned by a Japanese parent company Hisamitsu, which can be both a good thing and bad thing.

Cons

Feels like a rat race. Coworkers and managers just trying to CYA and see how they can get ahead at the expense of others. No real teamwork; Serious lack of communication and overall direction between different departments. Some questionable decisions by middle and upper management, almost as if they don't know what they're doing. Lack of Innovation, Seems like they just reformulate and spit out the same old products over and over.

Q.A. Tech.

Current Employee - Q A Technician  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Q A Technician in Miami, FL

I have been working at Noven Pharmaceuticals as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, very regulated, great technology, excellent experience.

Cons

Hard to become a permanent employe.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company But Very Unprofessional Upper Management

Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at the Carlsbad, CA site (until was Closed) and all co-workers were very nice and friendly. Salary and benefits were really good compare to others Big Pharmaceuticals. Human Resources were excellent.

Cons

Management were the worst I seen in my 16 years pharmaceutical experience (Executives, Directors and some managers). Some Miami, FL & Carlsbad,CA upper management were not professional at all.

Noven is a great company with wonderful employees but be aware of upper management.

Worked as Manager then Senior Manager in Medical Affairs for 7 years

Current Employee - Senior Manager Medical Affairs  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Medical Affairs in Miami, FL

I have been working at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work environment mostly friendly, employees are given respect and support, benefits are ok and work is interesting.

Cons

Lack of communication between groups and between people in the same group. More incentives needed for the lower rung employees. Decisions taken by upper management sometimes unwise and without consultation with people below who actually do the work.

Involve employees at all levels for decisions, insist on better communication and response within and between groups

Don't waste your time

I worked at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

coworkers were always supportive and understanding

Cons

senior management...really nothing positive to say

Project manager

I worked at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility and Control, able to move with little management

Cons

No upward mobility, to small and they do not offer any training

Keep everyone motivated that you are helping them move forward in their careers.

You will be worked to death without the hope of any compensation!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at Noven Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bonuses are above average, and employee goals are aligned with company goals.

Cons

Management plays the blame game with their employees making their lives miserable. While on vacation, management calls you incessantly to do remote work. Everyone gets an average evaluation, creating a socialist regime where no one feels the need to excel beyond their peers. There are no promotions, and the raises are below the cost of living increase. Meetings are non-productive, with no documentation or minutes. If anyone has a problem with management, HR takes the side of management no matter what. Job descriptions are never clearly defined.

Try to reward employees for hard work, and don't work them to death. There is a reason why the turn-over rate is sky-rocketing. Stop blaming your workers for everything that you are doing wrong.

Very Satisfactory

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Chemist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Noven Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Good benefits, fairness, professional career, resources, leadership, improvement opportunities. Noven have economically survived throughout these years. Consistently grow in spite of hurricanes, Twin Towers, Wall Street disasters among others true reasons. They pay fair bonusses when others companies had faired employess. Noven have increased salaries when others bigger companies did not even think on that. Noven consistenly protect their employess. Of course is not perfect but Noven is the place when I will like to get my retirement. I am proud of my company and I am trust on CEOs, upper management and coworkers.

Cons

They are not really downsides but there was not fancy Xtmas parties any more.

More interaction with analysts will improve communication. Management vision is correct just share with us using informal channes as lunch, coffee breakfast or whatever resource enable communication direct from you.

Noven

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Noven Pharmaceuticals

Pros

It is a growing company and is a good place to start your career. The employees are friendly and cooperative.

Cons

The management is too far removed for the size of the company, often not understanding what happens in their own divisions. The morale and turnover reflect that.

Get involved with your staff, get your hands dirty. It would help the morale and the employee satisfaction on a daily basis.

Worked for Noven Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!