Novetta

Updated February 6, 2015
Updated February 6, 2015
3.7

Peter LaMontagne

Working here is incredibly challenging but a lot of fun. Good work life balance most of the time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Novetta

Pros

Exciting projects and really great people. The benefits package is better than at any other company I have worked for.

Cons

There have been a lot of growing pains, including a number of re-orgs and challenges as to what we are to focus on.

Fabulous work environment!

Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Reston, VA
    Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Novetta as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The environment at Novetta is bursting with energy and enthusiasm. Its truly a TEAM environment where we collaborate on everything. The talent here is amazing.
    Novetta cares intensely for their employees, always encouraging us to strive for our best and be open to new ideas and career fulfillment. Truly blessed to be part of this wonderful company!

Cons

I have not experienced a con yet!

Keep your high standards in place, continue to value and support your employees. Always strive to offer new opportunities for growth.

Favorite place to work ever!

Current Employee - Senior Director in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Reston, VA

I have been working at Novetta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is well managed and has created a great employee-centered culture. Novetta has the best benefits plan around with generous pay, 401k and time off policies. The fact that Employee Care runs HR, Training, and Talent Acquisition shows that Novetta values employee happiness. Work/Life balance is the best I've ever had and I wake up every morning hungry to go to work. Lastly, Novetta is doing things that no other company is doing in the world of Data, Cyber, and Social analytics.

Cons

Nothing negative in my experience.

Keep up the good work!

Awesome experience, especially if you are interested in government contracting.

Former Intern - Financial Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Intern - Financial Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Novetta as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Pay is competitive with larger firms
    -All levels of management are visible and easily accessible
    -Plenty of learning experiences
    -Finance department is stellar

Overall, a job in the finance department at Novetta is what you make it. As an intern, I was given opportunities to work on the most advanced projects in my department, but only after showing interest.

Cons

The company has been growing quickly and inorganically, so naturally there are some interdepartmental communication issues, but these are slight and management does a good job fixing them.

Keep up the great work!

Great Company

I have been working at Novetta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good company with great people work for it.
    Benefits are outstandingly amazing, truly fantastic

Cons

Pay is a little bit lower than other companies, benefits balance this out a bit but not enough.
    Sometimes people within the company do not reply to emails which gets aggravating

Keep doing what you're doing, I'd talk to my hiring folks about replying back to emails from employees looking to move internally.

Good people, good benefits, good company.

I have been working at Novetta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a modern company doing very interesting work and growing. And the benefits are much better than other companies I have worked for. Healthcare coverage is paid 88% by the company, and it is a great BCBS plan. The company contributes 5% of my salary to my 401k whether I contribute or not. As far as management goes, it's a good sign that most of Novetta's managers have been working here for a long time. The company definitely tries to listen to employees and improve.

Cons

The company has grown a lot in the last two years, so that creates a constant game of catch up for people trying to keep basic functions running. But so far, so good!

Keep listening and improving!

Accounting

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Novetta as an intern

Pros

Easy going, learned the basics of accounting and finance. Company is growing fast, have to keep up to date with all the new acquisitions.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

A good place to start

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Novetta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a good place to get your foot in the door. You'll be able to use any technology you want, so you'll be able to experiment and add to your resume.

Cons

No real sense of teamwork,
    project requirements are haphazardly thrown together and ironed out as the project goes along,
    it's very likely that you'll be working on more than one project at a time (especially for seniors),
    unrealistic deadlines are set and you are expected to work nights and weekends as deadlines approach (we even received an email from the VP saying he expects this from us),
    developers have to do a ton of research, writing, and presentations

Was a good company, no more

I have been working at Novetta

Pros

Smart engineers, decent benefits, lots of PTO

Cons

No culture, too many managers, no leadership. As the company is growing, senior leadership isn't paying attention to the middle managers they're hiring. Middle management has only eyes for above and ignore engineers below them. Middle management couldn't care less about culture, career development, or work actually being achieved.

Of course, Novetta is only existing as a blob absorbing smaller companies until they sell to another larger company (what the owner, Arlington Capital Partners, does), so there's little concern for employee retention. Only need to keep enough engineers on contract to keep the books looking good.

Train middle management to actually pay attention to engineers. Peter is a great guy and really generous, but needs to pay attention to the fact many departments aren't spending either time or money keeping engineers happy.

Great company, listens to employees!

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst/Data QA in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst/Data QA in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Novetta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Offers incentives
    - Career Growth opportunities
    - Education benefits
    - Competitive salary
    - 401K contributions
    - Decent PTO
    - Flex hours
    - Health benefits 20$ co-pay BCBS
     This company is fairly new and I have been there since the start. Novetta has so much to offer its employees and the workers are never bored.

Cons

Sometimes remote employees don't always get to be a part of events , but when this happens they always make it up to employees.

Keep taking care of your employees.