Novetta Solutions

3.1

Peter LaMontagne

Accounting

I have been working at Novetta Solutions as an intern

Pros

Easy going, learned the basics of accounting and finance. Company is growing fast, have to keep up to date with all the new acquisitions.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Great company, listens to employees!

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst/Data QA in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst/Data QA in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Novetta Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Offers incentives
    - Career Growth opportunities
    - Education benefits
    - Competitive salary
    - 401K contributions
    - Decent PTO
    - Flex hours
    - Health benefits 20$ co-pay BCBS
     This company is fairly new and I have been there since the start. Novetta has so much to offer its employees and the workers are never bored.

Cons

Sometimes remote employees don't always get to be a part of events , but when this happens they always make it up to employees.

Keep taking care of your employees.

A good place to start

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Novetta Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a good place to get your foot in the door. You'll be able to use any technology you want, so you'll be able to experiment and add to your resume.

Cons

No real sense of teamwork,
    project requirements are haphazardly thrown together and ironed out as the project goes along,
    it's very likely that you'll be working on more than one project at a time (especially for seniors),
    unrealistic deadlines are set and you are expected to work nights and weekends as deadlines approach (we even received an email from the VP saying he expects this from us),
    developers have to do a ton of research, writing, and presentations

Was a good company, no more

I have been working at Novetta Solutions

Pros

Smart engineers, decent benefits, lots of PTO

Cons

No culture, too many managers, no leadership. As the company is growing, senior leadership isn't paying attention to the middle managers they're hiring. Middle management has only eyes for above and ignore engineers below them. Middle management couldn't care less about culture, career development, or work actually being achieved.

Of course, Novetta is only existing as a blob absorbing smaller companies until they sell to another larger company (what the owner, Arlington Capital Partners, does), so there's little concern for employee retention. Only need to keep enough engineers on contract to keep the books looking good.

Train middle management to actually pay attention to engineers. Peter is a great guy and really generous, but needs to pay attention to the fact many departments aren't spending either time or money keeping engineers happy.

Run Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Novetta Solutions full-time

Pros

Great holiday parties and snacks

Cons

No real organizational structure
    No strategic vision
    Poor leadership
    Shady Business practices
    No Diversity

Need to go back to basic leadership training.

Swimming with Managers

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at Novetta Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting Customers, Great Benefits, 401K matching

Cons

There are too many managers, and always need more developers. Lack of job opportunities. Culture was lost with all the mergers (FGM, White Oak, IBG). Lack of internal career development. No longer has brown bags, stopped offering to send us to conferences, no company wide Christmas/Winter party.

Fix the Novetta lack of culture, restore offering of internal career development opportunities. Three years and we are still not unified as a single company. Managers of each company still refuse to give up advertising themselves by their old names IBG, FGM or White Oak "a Novetta company". New hires hear on day one from each "sub company" that FGM or White Oak has higher standards then Novetta corporate.

A confused company

I worked at Novetta Solutions full-time

Pros

Some salaries are good and some of the work is interesting. They are trying to merge various companies and not doing well.

Cons

There is little chance of mobility. The mangers get no obvious control from above. The benefits are decreasing while the new owners appear to be trying to suck out value.

There is no plan visible at the working ranks. There is confusion and it looks like short timers on top looking to make a quick buck. Good for capital, not so good for the company.

Working in the blind

Former Employee - Informatiom Assurance Specialist in Crystal City, VA
    Former Employee - Informatiom Assurance Specialist in Crystal City, VA

I worked at Novetta Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They want to be the best and most of the workers get along with each other

Cons

Management don't communicate a lot of the tasks they want completed but expect it to be done. The workers get blamed when the tasks are not completed. The other workers are apprehensive about going to their supervisor's supervisor because they are best of friends and show it in front of everyone.

Don't be so friendly with fellow managers in front of the workers because they they feel they can't take matters higher nd get fair resolves. They talk to each other about how nothing is going to change because they are looking out for each other. I heard that from a longtime employee.

Most are here only for the benefits

Current Employee - Software Developer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Novetta Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great Health and Dental, high coverage with low copay's and deductible.
    401k benefits with 5% auto contribution and 2% discretionary profit sharing.

Cons

Top heavy organization, with too many manager and support staff on each project about one for every three or four software developers. When a projects runs low on funding, cuts are made to software developers which means a higher work load on those left.

Add more internal education opportunities, before the mergers they would send us to conferences and each quarter have company wide training opportunities. Bring back the coolness factor of the company which was lost with the merger; quarterly events, brown bags, and training.

Having trouble with Merger/Restructuring

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Novetta Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My project is very interesting, with cutting-edge technology and a very critical mission. I have a fairly flexible schedule, am able to telecommute, and I'm encouraged to push myself professionally. I like and respect the majority of my team members.

Cons

I've worked for Novetta since before it was Novetta (over 5 years for the same company, which was merged with 3 others to become Novetta approximately 2 years ago). The mergers have definitely done the company no favors. There is no unified company culture, significant policy variations across the sites, and a strong atmosphere of political game-playing.

You have great people and great projects, so build a company culture that respects honesty, integrity, and open communication.