Novitex

Updated November 17, 2014
1.8

Novitex CEO John Visentin
John Visentin

Pros
  • There are a lot good people who work for this company (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent salary, other team members are great to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth what so ever (in 8 reviews)

• For me, the greatest disappointments come from: no raises (the last was a 1 (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Interview

Current Employee - Driver in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novitex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay: nice people; benefits are good

Cons

Not enough info for things done wrong

Update website; give better training

Ruuuunnnn!!!

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started with this company a long time ago when it was Pitney Bowes Management Services. A new company purchased parts of Pitney Bowes and the result is now called Novitex Enterprise Solutions. This company is worse than Pitney Bowes was and that is saying a lot. I guess the only pro I can think of, would be the tuition reimbursement.

Cons

A lot of work for very little pay and no raises in years. Management in most cases are incompetent.

Value your employees more, be more transparent and stop being so sneaky. Also, before hiring other managers, make sure they're actually qualified to write a sentence without grammar, spelling or punctuation errors.

Good Company

I have been working at Novitex full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities in the company

Cons

None as it meets my requirements

spend more time with the teams, they would appreciate the value in that!

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Despite a lot of other managed services companies, Novitex provides benefits and paid time off. It is a good company for working parents, but only for certain positions/divisions.

Cons

I've worked here a long time, and we haven't had a raise, or raise over 1.5% in over 6 years. Needless to say morale is horrible, there's no incentive to put in the extra effort (except to keep your job), and I've had a very high rate of turnover on my team this year. At this point the service levels are not going unnoticed by our customers and we have some tough competition out there.

It's way beyond time to INVEST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES. They are the reason for our successes, and the hope they'll just be happy to have a job isn't cutting it anymore.

Awesome

Current Employee - Facilities Manager/Mailroom Operations in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager/Mailroom Operations in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Novitex part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like my Manager Nicole Weathers and also we get 50.00 for not taking any sick days. They offer great benefits and they appreciate there employees.

Cons

They allow you to grow within the company.

I have been with Novitex going on 4years and they offer leadership within the company.

Company just broke off from Pinkerton and Burns international and you can tell

Current Employee - Gc2 in Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Gc2 in Lawton, OK

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Started doing only one job and now doing multiple jobs. I enjoy the challenge. Have made some great friends at company that I hope to keep for years to come.

Cons

Not a lot in the way of communication when it comes to the people who work in the "farm". Company puts out a policy and changes it so fast you don't know what the current policy is. Don't get paid for the multiple jobs I do.

Stick with one policy, stop changing things. Have better communication with the people in the "farm" they are your 1st impressions and the ones doing all the work that needs to be done. Offer better pay, and better time off incentives. Vacation and more sick time would be great. Don't count every single appointment or sick time against employee. If its a habitual out working 4 days then taking a 3 day weekend every week then punish.

Easy work, but cheap, aggravating company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The customers are nice, the boss doesn't pay any attention to what anyone does

Cons

1. Because the boss doesn't pay attention- means he doesn't listen either.. and neither do the 'higher ups'.
    2. Haven't had a raise in 4yrs.
    3. They low bid service contracts with too few employees to cover and expect the employees to just deal with it.
    4. Rarely hire 40hr full timer workers - mostly part time or 37.5hrs/week.
    5. HR & most other departments are contracted out so getting real answers to any question is impossible.
    6. Hiring process is ridiculous! (they act like we're baby sitting the president's kids or something..

1. Pay attention to what your employees say they need to actually do the job right!
    2. Treat employees well and they will do a better job and stay. (40hrs full time w/ good benefits)
    3. Cut the corporate BS newsletters, training, huddles and 12 different websites.

Mixed Bag

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Novitex is for the true self starter. There are opportunities in this organization but you have to go after them, they will not come to you. I've found management to be flexible with my time off and encourage work life balance.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the diverse range of operation components that cause confusion when instructions are sent from senior leadership that seem to fly in the face of common sense from the local level perspective. That is compounded by the lack of willingness from senior leadership to listen to the people who have boots on the ground.

if you do not understand the full complexity of an operation, listen to the people that do understand.

book smart not common sense smart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

NONE! The companies main concern is to turn a profit no matter the cost to employee's. your opinion holds no weight you're just there to work like a robot .harder not smarter they fire people with years on the job so they could hire people cheaper with no experience.

Cons

NO RAISES EVER! NO EMPLOYEE INCENTIVES! NO COMMENDATIONS FOR GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR REQUIREMENTS ETC ETC

PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR EMPLOYEES THEY ARE THE COMPANY WITHOUT THEM YOU ARE NOTHING! LITERALLY! offer employee bonuses ,transit checks , raises, show appreciation for the sacrifices and hard work being made everyday.

Miserable

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can't think of any. I had such a terrible experience with this company. I'm not sure if it has gotten any better since becoming Novitex.

Cons

Poor Management
    No room for growth
    childish employees
    No structure
    Terrible raises

Grow up, and have a better vision for the company.