Novitex

Updated December 13, 2014
1.8

Novitex CEO John Visentin
John Visentin

Pros
  • Good benefits, decent salary, other team members are great to work with (in 9 reviews)

• Good people with great hearts but that's about it (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • For me, the greatest disappointments come from: no raises (the last was a 1 (in 14 reviews)

• Low pay, no raises, minimal room for growth within the company, large company, lots of re-orgs, high turn over rate within receptionist (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Interview

Current Employee - Driver in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novitex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay: nice people; benefits are good

Cons

Not enough info for things done wrong

Update website; give better training

Ruuuunnnn!!!

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started with this company a long time ago when it was Pitney Bowes Management Services. A new company purchased parts of Pitney Bowes and the result is now called Novitex Enterprise Solutions. This company is worse than Pitney Bowes was and that is saying a lot. I guess the only pro I can think of, would be the tuition reimbursement.

Cons

A lot of work for very little pay and no raises in years. Management in most cases are incompetent.

Value your employees more, be more transparent and stop being so sneaky. Also, before hiring other managers, make sure they're actually qualified to write a sentence without grammar, spelling or punctuation errors.

Good Company

I have been working at Novitex full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities in the company

Cons

None as it meets my requirements

spend more time with the teams, they would appreciate the value in that!

THIS PLACE SUCKS STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY

I worked at Novitex

Pros

You work with some good people.

Cons

The worst management ever. low pay, terrible benefits.

none. they dont listen

Poor Management and NO leadership at higher levels

Current Employee - Customer Service in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Novitex

Pros

It's a job if you are in dire straights and need to buy food

Cons

You will dislike the unfair management practices and favoritism for a few. No growth, training or advancement for the majority. Where I work, they make it hard for you to take time off.

I would like to see a decent company come in and buy out this group, retrain team leads and first level managers in good management practices. Right now they pretty much do their own thing with little notice from 2nd and 3rd line mgmt.

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Despite a lot of other managed services companies, Novitex provides benefits and paid time off. It is a good company for working parents, but only for certain positions/divisions.

Cons

I've worked here a long time, and we haven't had a raise, or raise over 1.5% in over 6 years. Needless to say morale is horrible, there's no incentive to put in the extra effort (except to keep your job), and I've had a very high rate of turnover on my team this year. At this point the service levels are not going unnoticed by our customers and we have some tough competition out there.

It's way beyond time to INVEST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES. They are the reason for our successes, and the hope they'll just be happy to have a job isn't cutting it anymore.

Awesome

Current Employee - Facilities Manager/Mailroom Operations in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager/Mailroom Operations in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Novitex part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like my Manager Nicole Weathers and also we get 50.00 for not taking any sick days. They offer great benefits and they appreciate there employees.

Cons

They allow you to grow within the company.

I have been with Novitex going on 4years and they offer leadership within the company.

Company just broke off from Pinkerton and Burns international and you can tell

Current Employee - Gc2 in Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Gc2 in Lawton, OK

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Started doing only one job and now doing multiple jobs. I enjoy the challenge. Have made some great friends at company that I hope to keep for years to come.

Cons

Not a lot in the way of communication when it comes to the people who work in the "farm". Company puts out a policy and changes it so fast you don't know what the current policy is. Don't get paid for the multiple jobs I do.

Stick with one policy, stop changing things. Have better communication with the people in the "farm" they are your 1st impressions and the ones doing all the work that needs to be done. Offer better pay, and better time off incentives. Vacation and more sick time would be great. Don't count every single appointment or sick time against employee. If its a habitual out working 4 days then taking a 3 day weekend every week then punish.

Easy work, but cheap, aggravating company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The customers are nice, the boss doesn't pay any attention to what anyone does

Cons

1. Because the boss doesn't pay attention- means he doesn't listen either.. and neither do the 'higher ups'.
    2. Haven't had a raise in 4yrs.
    3. They low bid service contracts with too few employees to cover and expect the employees to just deal with it.
    4. Rarely hire 40hr full timer workers - mostly part time or 37.5hrs/week.
    5. HR & most other departments are contracted out so getting real answers to any question is impossible.
    6. Hiring process is ridiculous! (they act like we're baby sitting the president's kids or something..

1. Pay attention to what your employees say they need to actually do the job right!
    2. Treat employees well and they will do a better job and stay. (40hrs full time w/ good benefits)
    3. Cut the corporate BS newsletters, training, huddles and 12 different websites.

Mixed Bag

I have been working at Novitex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Novitex is for the true self starter. There are opportunities in this organization but you have to go after them, they will not come to you. I've found management to be flexible with my time off and encourage work life balance.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the diverse range of operation components that cause confusion when instructions are sent from senior leadership that seem to fly in the face of common sense from the local level perspective. That is compounded by the lack of willingness from senior leadership to listen to the people who have boots on the ground.

if you do not understand the full complexity of an operation, listen to the people that do understand.