Novitex

Be The First To
Add Photos

Novitex CEO John Visentin

John Visentin

Pros
  • Good benefits, decent salary, other team members are great to work with (in 7 reviews)

• Good people with great hearts but that's about it (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • For me, the greatest disappointments come from: no raises (the last was a 1 (in 10 reviews)

• Low pay, no raises, minimal room for growth within the company, large company, lots of re-orgs, high turn over rate within receptionist (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Basic Work

Receptionist (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsEasy Job, working on MS campus is great fun, full of culture on MS campus, access to internet, friendly co-workers and management, great place to work if you like being sedentary,

ConsLow pay, no raises, minimal room for growth within the company, large company, lots of re-orgs, high turn over rate within receptionist

I've had a good experience here

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe environment is calm , people are eay to work with, teamwork is a plus.

ConsThere are not to many challanges working here, just keeping busy in the slow periods. I would like to take some larger projects from time to time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay approachable.

Not great Not bad.

ProsThe people I work with are nice. It's a job and pays the bills.

ConsThe nature of the work is redundant depending on your position. There is little room for growth or any type of advancement. Salary is low. Might be a good job for someone that has little education or skills, but anyone with a college degree or any ambition will be unsatisfied with the pay and lack of growth opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A waste of time

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

ProsLaid back atmosphere. Had time to work on personal stuff. It's an easy job.

ConsVery little pay. Management just seems like they don't care. Limited time off and the company has very weird policies on giving you time off for holidays: you have to use "floating" time off for holidays because they are too cheap to just give you the time off.

Aweful

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis is a legacy Pitney Bowes company. Many of the employees (they have not already fired) are long-tenured, knowledgeable, and good people. If you like being micro-managed by C-level executives, this is the place for you.

ConsSenior management. They kept all of the bad managers and fired the good ones. If there is a plan, it's not apparent to the average Joe. If you are thinking about working at this company, remember the Game of Thrones Red Wedding episode and run like your life depended on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company.

First site was good. Manager that took over...excellent. He was willing to train you for better opportunities

ProsNone other than my co-workers that I work closely with. We get through the day with laughter & keeping each other uplifted. Too bad management don't like that even while getting the job done. Under mature management you can grow.

ConsPay no good for the amount of work that has to be done. Its like working in a warehouse. No raises & if there is going to be any it'll probably be penny on the cents. Accruing time is a joke. I won't be able to take my next vacation until next year. No room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your people to prepare for another level in the event an opportunity becomes available. Be approachable instead of acting as if you know everything. Intimidation doesn't resolve anything.

On its last legs...

Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery little, other than a regular paycheck

ConsPolicies continuously changed, only to have them changed back again. While employees want to provide excellent customer service, there is no training available, management has been slashed horribly, so there is no guidance, and what management is in place runs things like the wild west. This company is a FAR cry to what it was when Pitney Bowes was managing things in the early to late '90s. When the city offices were closed, that began the long, slow demise of what was a wonderful company for which to work. An endless parade of senior leadership with no vision, or conflicting visions, drove the business into confusion. That, coupled with a greedy mindset of unreasonably high profit expectations, made the company uncompetitive. It's truly sad to see what has happened....

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really is no advice to give.... you should all be ashamed of yourselves. The formula is really simple - hire good people, INVEST the training necessary, design the workloads to allow for healthy work/life balances, and build reasonable and competitive margin expectations. Then, sit back and watch the business roll in as customers see happy employees providing excellent service. But, I don't anticipate you'll understand the concept....

Dead end- low paying job

ProsM-F workweek.
    Standard business hours.
    Paycheck arrives on time.
    The company I am contracted to by Novitex has nice employees.
    Remote supervision.

ConsYou are being contracted to a business, not actually working for that business, IE: Novitex at National Business Name.
    Lack of continuity in communication regarding company standards to all employees.
    Management to employee match is horrible ( IE mailroom supervises front line customer service positions).
    No raises.
    No way to advance within the company.
    Mentoring is supposed to be an honor but there is no additional pay or even a free thank you.
    Annual employee review process is horrible/demeaning- even top performers are never given higher than average/ acceptable rating.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Complete disaster

Not very happy with the way the company is headed!

CSA (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsInsurance for family is not too bad.

ConsSlashing pay and hours is so crazy and the pay is not that good to start.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up your bonuses for once or give all employees bonuses or some incentive to stay for the long haul. We only train new people for other companies.

Novitex has gone from Bad to Horrible

Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee)

Proshealth insurance is somewhat affordable

Consmanagement does not fix any problems, machines are always breaking down, at one location, the delivery van has been out of service since JAN of 2013 and they are renting a vehicle, that has cost over $20,000 so far,, there have been no raises, for the PBMS employees that came over, however the new Novitex employees are making more with less time in,, THIS IS BY FAR the crappiest company I have ever worked for, they took away 3 of our 9 holidays and gave us personal days which we have to use to get paid for those that use to holiday pay. MY Advice is look elsewhere like I am.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat & pay your employees fairly and they will treat you the same. No one wants to work for a crappy boss

Worked for Novitex? Contribute to the Community!