Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries

www.novonordisk-clayton.com

Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries – Copenhagen – “office”

Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries – Copenhagen – “office”

Lars Rebien Sørensen

Very good for Entry Level

Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsAmazing benefits, Clean and Safe Environment, Plenty of Opportunity for Advancement

ConsEntry Level Salaries, Workload Distribution

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the warehouse in particular, increase the starting salary. The responsibilities of the warehouse are much greater than most departments

Very good experience

Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) Plainsboro, NJ

ProsFortune 500 Top best places to work in NJ

Consworking as a contractor is very different then working as an employee

Not what it seems to the outside

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

Prosgood salaries and benefits; people really want to make a difference

Conschanging culture from the "old Novo" to big pharma; everything is "roi"- the patient focus is being lost; long period of growth may be coming to an end and freaking people out; lots of hanky panky with senior male managers and female direct reports makes for unsettling work environment.

Advice to Senior Managementremember you are owned by a foundation, not wall street. you did more good in the old days than you are doing now when you are 6x bigger and could be doing such amazing things

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its a great company to work

ProsGreat benefits and discount on Novo drugs

ConsIT is very small group in USA

territory account manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood, innovate products, good pay and excellent benefits

Consheavy on the role playing at meeting, life work balance not a reality. depending on manager life can be good or miserable.

Solid, progressive company that provides great opportunities for growth

Process Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

Pros- sense of pride for the product and stock performance
    - lots of opportunity to apply ideas
    - various career paths

Cons- same politics as any other company, but added on to that is the prevalence of ex navy in the leadership ranks. Many in the leadership have poor people and leadership skills.

Great benefits in a stable, growing pharmaceutical company

Senior Manager Marketing (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsFantastic benefits, focus on work-life, successful company

ConsLimited ability to branch out from your area of expertise, senior management is risk-averse

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give any...they keep their own council

Could, Should be a good place to work.

ProsGreat benefits, lots of vacation time, Awesome 401K plan. Onsite gym, nurse, and even a part time doctor.

ConsTechs spend most of their time being operators. Annual pay increases don't keep up with inflation. Management is obsessed with lean management schemes (their version is called cLean), but doesn't really implement any of it the way it's done in Japan. That would mean giving more authority to techs and operators, and dumping some of the incompetent middle management and that's not going to happen. There are advancement opportunities but they are few and far between. During expansion most of the good new openings are given to new hires. Don't expect any help from management with the promotion process. Helping people grow is supposed to be one of the planks of the company philosophy "The Novo Nordisk Way", but it doesn't seem to have trickled down to Clayton, at least not on the hourly side.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cLean department is way too fat. You can't replace experience and know how with SOP's and down time boards.

Company with Drama, Drama, Drama

Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has good products but always seems to be behind the curve as far as being a leader in the industry. This company use to be about the patients' needs but has had a dramatic change in the past few years. They continue to say it is about the patient but it isn't. Hard to respect a company that says one thing but it's actions say the opposite.

ConsThis company continues to expand but on the territory level reps are tripping on each other. Way too many reps for what the territory needs. Too many representatives and managers that are involved with creating drama/political games instead of focusing on the job at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have audits or independent follow ups to what your reps are doing in the field. Offices have personally told me and sent me pictures of your reps violating company policy. This is happening over and over and your managers are covering it up.

Very good people

Pharmaceutical Sales Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe Money and the People i worked with were awesome

ConsUpper Management control and very long hours

Worked for Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries? Contribute to the Community!