Novo Nordisk

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to work!

Paralegal (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk as a contractor for less than a year

Pros- great growth opportunities
- excellent supervisors
- great work/life balance

ConsIt is easy to get lost in the crowd

Consultant; CIA Project Monitoring and Audit

Consultant; CIA Project Monitoring and Audit (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat company, the culture is amazing on paper
Growing, innovative

ConsImmaturity level of some management
Upper management lack of inclusion and involvement

Advice to Senior ManagementReview and meet with our Senior and Assoicate Management more often. When an employee comes to you with a concern in regards to their manager, take heed and rview the whole situation.
When your managers are having morning meetings or team meetings, pop in and sit in on meeting...this way your management is not prepared to be phony and can show some true colors, and you can immediately recognize how degrading and bias some management members are

In the beginning it was great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhen I first started there, when Martin Soeters was President, it was fantastic. I completely fed into company culture hype and, at the time, it was a great place to work. When Jurek took over though, things changed. Your experience there will depend greatly on your manager and your department. It is highly competitive now... probably because of the "best places to work" designation. So, if you are not the type to knock your coworkers down and climb over their backs to get ahead, this is probably not the place for you.

Salaries are also considerably lower than industry standards.

ConsHR spends a ton of money to be listed as one of the Best Places to Work, but doesn't necessarily make sure they deserve to be there.

Great benefits, coworkers, LOTS of politics and favoritism

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time

ProsThe salary and benefits are outstanding. The company is so into the top company to work for lists that they essentially do anything to get on.

ConsLots of internal politics and extreme favoritism by HR. If you're "in" you cannot get fired regardless of what happens as HR runs the company. Manager's have virtually no power when it comes to hiring and firing. A manager may make suggestions about the hires but ultimately their diversity program takes over and a potential weaker candidate is brought in. Want to work from home? Need to ask HR. Want to promote someone? Need to ask HR Want to write someone up? Need to ask HR. You get the point

Advice to Senior ManagementStrip the power from HR and give it to the manager's that know the day ins and outs. Stop talking about the My Company culture and actually back up your words.

Best Company I ever worked for.

Safety Data Specialist (Current Employee)
Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Novo Nordisk full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany Culture
Work-Life Balance is always taken into consideration and the company strives to maintain this.
Training for Staff is comprehensive and engaging
Excellent communication
Company is very philanthropic

ConsSometimes there is a definite lack of defined working processes, however I have noticed that this is the baseline through the pharmaceutical world.
Also, better communication between various departments could be improved upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to employees

Ok, but not a great place

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company has good benefits (health, dental, 401K etc.) As well, there are also friendly co-workers with a decent environment.

ConsPoor management, that gives little or no direction. Salary is below industry standard, though they will tell you otherwise. It's pretty from the outside, but things change once you work there. Initially a good place, but has gone downhill

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop micro-managing and let the people you hire do their jobs. They were hired for a reason

Fantastic organization!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Novo Nordisk as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWhat a refreshing change to the norm in the pharmaceutical industry. This company actually values and respects their employees and follows the values they put out in the public eye. Phenomenal benefits and strong work-life balance. Strong drug pipeline means there are great things to come for this company!

ConsMore opportunity for contract workers to turn perm.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

Contract workers: Make sure you really know what you are signing up for.

Business Support Coordinator, CBM (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk as a contractor

ProsPositive Environment
Great Corporate Culture
Good work/life balance

ConsThere may not be any room for growth in your department. The department I was in was using temps rather than create a new entry level full time role. After a while, we knew we weren't going to be hired in that department. People did successfully apply for full time jobs within other departments. However, know that Kelly Services will ask that you disclose to them and your supervisor that you are applying for positions within the company, which can be a double edged sword.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide reviews to contract workers- have regular constructive 1:1 and tell people what they are doing right and how to improve if they are doing something wrong.
Be clear about what needs to happen.
People should be trained by the people they report to to ensure quality control over the training process. Contract workers should not be the ones to train new contract workers.

Great Products & Work-Life Balance but Risk Averse

Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat diabetes, growth hormone, and hemophilia treatments with promising pipeline. Novo knows its areas of expertise and plays to its strengths. Good benefits and management does a nice job letting employees manage their work-life balance.

ConsSenior management/Executive Team is risk-averse and sometimes limits innovation.
Difficult to enter into people management role without prior experience.

Great Company, Absolutely Horrible Department

In-House CRA (Former Employee)

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time

ProsGreat company, fantastic benefits, great perks

ConsNo room for advancement, extremely low morale within the department, horrible upper management at all levels, lots of favoritism going on within the department. If the players don't change within upper management, the department will remain a toxic environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the favoritism! Learn the meaning of equal opportunity. Stop the high school behavior! The only way morale will boost is to truly give EVERYONE the opportunities that is well deserved!

Worked for Novo Nordisk? Contribute to the Community!

Novo Nordisk Videos

Novo Nordisk – Why Work for Us?

At Novo Nordisk, we strive to be the world's leading diabetes care company, and each of us takes this vision personally. Our highest priority is the health and well being of people living with diabetes. We respect their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novo Nordisk reviews and ratings in Princeton, NJ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novo Nordisk CEO Lars Rebien Sørensen. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Novo Nordisk employees.