Novo Nordisk

Novo Nordisk Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Novo Nordisk President and CEO Lars Rebien Sørensen

Lars Rebien Sørensen

Pros
  • Work life balance apply only for lower level jobs(in 17 reviews)

• good products, good base, decent bonus structure, great benefits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The issue of work life balance is major and not something they are big on(in 9 reviews)

• It's becoming more like big pharma operationally and strategically(in 4 reviews)

Great Company

Safety Data Specialist (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsAwesome facility, staff and management. Lots of special days and occasions to make staff feel appreciated.

ConsDealing with irate clients can be draining

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't exclude your temporary workers so much. They do most of the work!

Home Agent - Yahoo IM Interview

ProsThis seems to be a reputable company, but we'll see. Work from home.

ConsIt seemed suspect that I put in my resume with a different company and different job, but was contacted from them.

Danish affiliate pharma company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsDistinct culture. Employment Diversity in US. Consensus based decision making.

ConsWorking across the Atlantic. Significant attention to consensus building and not enough action

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain cultural focus. Work better to empower affiliate. Work to truly globalize the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Novo Nordisk has regressed to the 1990's.

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Plainsboro, NJ

ProsGreat Cafeteria, beautiful building, an extremely compliant company. Follows the regulations to the letter.

ConsPoor on boarding for contractors. In some departments, men have to wear ties, women have to wear dresses. Contractors are treated like pond scum. I was not made part of the team and not allowed to attend meetings of projects that I was working on which made it difficult to analyze documents. I applied for an internal position in January, and was rejected in June. Their HR department is a bit slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't want contractors to work there, don't hire them. Otherwise, treat them as part of the team.

Great company but culture is changing

ProsGood benefits and work environment

ConsWork Life Balance issue for years

Interesting place to work

Director (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsMany talented individuals within the "rank and file." Strong compensation and benefits package.

ConsLeadership is way too political; most important to be aligned to the right leader.

Novo Nordisk

ProsTotal rewards package is excellent.

ConsWork life balance is a challenge.

Good future outlook

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Specialty (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWhile most pharma companies are shrinking, it continues to expand. More than 5 yrs of double digit growth. A healthy pipeline of products and product extensions.

ConsThe culture and working environment depends on the region or district you belong. It's becoming more like big pharma operationally and strategically. Like most pharma a lot more focus on numbers - sales, calls, attendees etc, that may not necessarily equate to effectiveness and quality. Differing interpretation of assessment guidelines for employee performance between managers, RBDs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus and incentives on qualitative objectives.

Excellent work as temp

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey care about their employees and it shows. New age feeling work environment with lots of trust

ConsHire lots of temps, more difficult to find full time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Novo Nordisk is a good company that offers excellent products for its patients.

Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsNovo Nordisk has a promising pipeline and is experiencing above average growth.

ConsUnfortunately some Novo Nordisk senior management personnel practice unethical coaching methods.

Advice to Senior ManagementI advise Novo Nordisk to be mindful of subtle acts of racism, and sexism displayed by management.

Worked for Novo Nordisk? Contribute to the Community!