Novo Nordisk

Novo Nordisk Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Novo Nordisk President and CEO Lars Rebien Sørensen

Lars Rebien Sørensen

Pros
  • Work life balance apply only for lower level jobs (in 17 reviews)

• good products, good base, decent bonus structure, great benefits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The issue of work life balance is major and not something they are big on (in 9 reviews)

• It's becoming more like big pharma operationally and strategically (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Safety Data Specialist (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsAwesome facility, staff and management. Lots of special days and occasions to make staff feel appreciated.

ConsDealing with irate clients can be draining

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't exclude your temporary workers so much. They do most of the work!

Danish affiliate pharma company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsDistinct culture. Employment Diversity in US. Consensus based decision making.

ConsWorking across the Atlantic. Significant attention to consensus building and not enough action

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain cultural focus. Work better to empower affiliate. Work to truly globalize the company

No Idea How they continue to make the best companies to work for list year after year...someone must be paying them off.

Diabetes Care Specialist II (Former Employee)

ProsGood Products and the company does do a lot for people with diabetes

ConsSo much drama, politics, harassment, poor management, inconsistent behavior and just an all around terrible place to work. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. The don't know how to treat people and lower level management is out running rampant with their gross abuse of power. For many people (myself being one of them) that worked for this company for a number of years and was hired back when it still had a family feel and they wanted to help you promote and do your best, to watch it change so dramatically and try to become "big pharma" with little regard for the people out there pounding the pavement everyday, it truly is sad. They constantly bombard you with busy work, metrics that are ridiculous, pointless and usually unattainable. It is a joke to most of the employees that somehow Novo Nordisk continues to rank on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For. We used to all laugh and say if they only knew how unhappy people really are and how bad things are behind the scenes.
    The opportunities for advancement are few and far between. everything is based on politics. The way they run things is completely skewed and backwards. The salaries aren't great starting out and it isn't easy to make your bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire them all and start fresh. You are losing a lot of good people that just can't stand to be treated the way they are or to watch the company move in the wrong direction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company but culture is changing

ProsGood benefits and work environment

ConsWork Life Balance issue for years

Novo Nordisk has regressed to the 1990's.

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Plainsboro, NJ

ProsGreat Cafeteria, beautiful building, an extremely compliant company. Follows the regulations to the letter.

ConsPoor on boarding for contractors. In some departments, men have to wear ties, women have to wear dresses. Contractors are treated like pond scum. I was not made part of the team and not allowed to attend meetings of projects that I was working on which made it difficult to analyze documents. I applied for an internal position in January, and was rejected in June. Their HR department is a bit slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't want contractors to work there, don't hire them. Otherwise, treat them as part of the team.

Novo Nordisk

ProsTotal rewards package is excellent.

ConsWork life balance is a challenge.

Interesting place to work

Director (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsMany talented individuals within the "rank and file." Strong compensation and benefits package.

ConsLeadership is way too political; most important to be aligned to the right leader.

Excellent work as temp

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey care about their employees and it shows. New age feeling work environment with lots of trust

ConsHire lots of temps, more difficult to find full time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Novo Nordisk is a good company that offers excellent products for its patients.

Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsNovo Nordisk has a promising pipeline and is experiencing above average growth.

ConsUnfortunately some Novo Nordisk senior management personnel practice unethical coaching methods.

Advice to Senior ManagementI advise Novo Nordisk to be mindful of subtle acts of racism, and sexism displayed by management.

Empowering, challenging, rewarding, but managerial disconnect

ProsThe benefits are outstanding and majority of employees are so easy to get along with. Great spirit

Conswork-life balance can be challenged at times

Worked for Novo Nordisk? Contribute to the Community!