www.novonordisk.com

Updated December 22, 2014
3.7

Novo Nordisk President and CEO Lars Rebien Sørensen
Lars Rebien Sørensen

Pros
  • Work life balance apply only for lower level jobs (in 21 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, nice company cars (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance, a lot is expected while projects constantly change directions (in 13 reviews)

• It's becoming more like big pharma operationally and strategically (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Bright future ahead, as long as the culture stays strong

Current Employee - Marketing in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Novo Nordisk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

NNI, and specifically the BioPharm division, is focused on delivering real value to society. The commitment extends beyond our products to the overall business approach with a focus on financials balanced with environmental and social progress. In my experience, the people have been excellent to work with, and leadership tries to do the right thing. There is minimal bureaucracy in BioPharm, and field employees' perspectives are actively solicited, even though they are not always aligned to.

Pipeline and future prospects look solid - certainly better than the industry-at-large

Salaries are good and benefits are great, though slightly less so than they used to be.

Cons

Systems and processes haven't kept up with growth. Due to the small size of BioPharm, there is also some challenge in career growth, unless you're willing to switch to diabetes taking a half-step down.

Current leadership is rightly looking for ways to tighten our belts, but also is changing some of the cultural/symbolic aspects of the company that many here love and rely upon as a source of loyalty.

Lead us through our current challenges, but keep the US culture in mind when making cost-cutting decisions.

Nice comapny

I worked at Novo Nordisk

Pros

Good Benefits, good benefits, good, benefits

Cons

Poor work life balance, poor work life balance

good company

Current Employee - Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Novo Nordisk as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

stablility with good pipeline stablility with good pipeline stablility with good pipeline stablility with good pipeline stablility with good pipeline

Cons

rough pay and work rough pay and work rough pay and work rough pay and work rough pay and work

pay increase and improve work culture

Great Company

Former Employee - Safety Data Specialist in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Safety Data Specialist in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome facility, staff and management. Lots of special days and occasions to make staff feel appreciated.

Cons

Dealing with irate clients can be draining

Don't exclude your temporary workers so much. They do most of the work!

Danish affiliate pharma company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Novo Nordisk

Pros

Distinct culture. Employment Diversity in US. Consensus based decision making.

Cons

Working across the Atlantic. Significant attention to consensus building and not enough action

Maintain cultural focus. Work better to empower affiliate. Work to truly globalize the company

No Idea How they continue to make the best companies to work for list year after year...someone must be paying them off.

Former Employee - Diabetes Care Specialist II
    Former Employee - Diabetes Care Specialist II

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Products and the company does do a lot for people with diabetes

Cons

So much drama, politics, harassment, poor management, inconsistent behavior and just an all around terrible place to work. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. The don't know how to treat people and lower level management is out running rampant with their gross abuse of power. For many people (myself being one of them) that worked for this company for a number of years and was hired back when it still had a family feel and they wanted to help you promote and do your best, to watch it change so dramatically and try to become "big pharma" with little regard for the people out there pounding the pavement everyday, it truly is sad. They constantly bombard you with busy work, metrics that are ridiculous, pointless and usually unattainable. It is a joke to most of the employees that somehow Novo Nordisk continues to rank on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For. We used to all laugh and say if they only knew how unhappy people really are and how bad things are behind the scenes.
    The opportunities for advancement are few and far between. everything is based on politics. The way they run things is completely skewed and backwards. The salaries aren't great starting out and it isn't easy to make your bonus.

Fire them all and start fresh. You are losing a lot of good people that just can't stand to be treated the way they are or to watch the company move in the wrong direction.

Great company but culture is changing

I have been working at Novo Nordisk

Pros

Good benefits and work environment

Cons

Work Life Balance issue for years

Novo Nordisk has regressed to the 1990's.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Plainsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Novo Nordisk as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great Cafeteria, beautiful building, an extremely compliant company. Follows the regulations to the letter.

Cons

Poor on boarding for contractors. In some departments, men have to wear ties, women have to wear dresses. Contractors are treated like pond scum. I was not made part of the team and not allowed to attend meetings of projects that I was working on which made it difficult to analyze documents. I applied for an internal position in January, and was rejected in June. Their HR department is a bit slow.

If you don't want contractors to work there, don't hire them. Otherwise, treat them as part of the team.

Interesting place to work

Former Employee - Director in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many talented individuals within the "rank and file." Strong compensation and benefits package.

Cons

Leadership is way too political; most important to be aligned to the right leader.

I have been working at Novo Nordisk

Pros

Total rewards package is excellent.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge.

Novo Nordisk Photos