Novotus

Novotus Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Novotus CEO Mike Mayeux

Mike Mayeux

Company for top performing recruiters.

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThis company understands the hard work that goes into what we do. Performers are rewarded with flexible schedules and advancement opportunities. I value the fact I get to work side by side and learn from such a great group of various industry ROCK-STAR recruiters. We are given all the latest and greatest tools to do our job even better and it is up to us to capitalize on that. I appreciate not having a calendar filled with training modules, and knowing that we have a company full of subject matter experts that we can consult with on our own time.

ConsAs we are a rapidly growing company, we could get better at communicating the changes and adjustments involved with that across the teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp come up with better ways to collect information from clients that’s consistent across the board.

Love this company, culture and people!

Austin, TX

ProsEvery company has their pros and cons, but this was the first time I worked for a company that would actually consider the impact of their employees while making business decisions. Business is important, but it didn't always come as the ONLY priority. From the pizza cook offs and team costume contests to the random parking lot BBQ's just to say "Thank you"... Novotus had a unique way of showing they wanted us to succeed but have fun while doing it!

ConsAs they scale up, it can be difficult to keep the culture you had when you were 20 people, after you have grown to 100 people. But any company that truly wants to grow will ask their employees the tuff questions. They will learn from them and make adjustments. If you don't, it will hurt you in the end. (Something I learned while working for the #1 employer in the world, which I couldn't have gotten here without my leadership at Novotus.)

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat each employee as if they are equally valuable while motivating them to get to the top. "Politics" will kill your culture.

Great Company!

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThe leadership in the organization is outstanding and they truly care for their employees. To work here you must have the ability to understand what is to work in an environment of growth and change. Growth and change can both be painful, and is not always pretty. Novotus is changing and I truly believe they have a great future!

ConsFor me, It is difficult to have a work/ life balance AND be successful in this job. It is very hard work and you must understand you will be facing many diverse clients. With the changes happening, I truly believe this will improve over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture positive and keep hiring positive leaders!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wort Company to Work For Ever !!!!! Run Far Away and Fast !!!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsNONE... I believe after reading all the reviews that I will saying a lot of the same thing that were said before but with less filtering.

ConsEvery aspect of what Novotus says they stand for is a LIE!!! I have watched managers lie to staffs face, and then fire them when they ask and try to hold management accountable. No sense of security. They deal in false hopes, and deception. Average employee tenure is 12 months, meaning no future no career. Very young culture which plays to the managements teams strengths, and ability to manipulate minds that are less seasoned. Lots of dry rhetoric cool buzz words thrown around but no substance. Zero leadership support. Unrealistic metrics. You don't feel as if you are a person more like you are what your scorecard says you are...a number! Misuse of the word leadership team. Leadership is supposed to equal = the position or function of a leader, a person who guides or directs a group. At Novotus Leadership =me and Mike Mayeux are best buds, he pays me great, but the staff gets paid peanuts and I over see a bunch of stuff that I have no grasp over. Yay! I'm a natural born Novotus Leader. This company says it has values, but just a heads up if you put in your two weeks after the the close of a quarter you are entitled your bonus. However when you have been scoring over the 90 percentile for the last year and a half, dont be surprised when your final score is below average (giving them an excuse not pay you out.) They're a poorly managed company that doesn't see value in a work life balance. Absolutely ZERO opportunity for upward mobility lots of racial tension, and off color jokes. Most companies look for ways to make you successful Novotus is the opposite. ZERO training taking place your given too many tools and hopefully you can decide how and when to use what uyou need where you need it. They specialize in tracking your phone times, hence another way for them to try and micromanage you. They say they track phone time for "YOU "its there so you can determine what times you are the most successful making calls, and help identify calling patterns" thats direct quote from of the leadership idiots mouth. Only flaw in that premise is that your never allowed to see your phone time log, and if I am professional at what I do don't you think I have identified when I am doing my job the most effective. So that's a perfect example of the dry rhetoric they use to make senseless points. If you read this and still think its go all the desirables of a top notch company I encourage you to join the cesspool that is Novotus.

Advice to Senior ManagementHorible.... Treat your people better. There is a clear reason 35% of the staff has left in the last 2 months. The only common denominator in that equation is the leadership team.

Good company to gain valuable experience.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsSenior leadership is pretty transparent about the good, bad and ugly and share information regularly with employees.

Opportunity to work with and utilize a wide variety of recruiting tools and resources. If there is something you need which the company does not already have to help do your job better, they are supportive. Proactive about training and professional development.

Good work/life balance.

Good structure and processes in place to make it easy for you to do your job.

Leadership and managers genuinely care about their employees and are supportive to their needs and want to create a good, fun work environment.

ConsAlthough there is an opportunity for performers to advance to leadership or other various roles within the company, the company is very conservative and growth opportunities are very slow to realize.

Employees are very hard workers and are committed to their jobs, however, seems like meeting aggressive quarterly goals takes away from people having fun and really loving their jobs.

Benefits are just ok and are not very competitive.

Has seen a fair amount of turnover.

Extremely metrics driven; some managers can be micro managers.

Great place to work, with an awesome family atmosphere. Innovative, passionate about pleasing customers/clients

Associate Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsNovotus arms their recruiters with all the tools necessary to be successful. From weekly sourcing meetings, lunch and learns, and "novelopment", any recruiter (no matter what level) can gain further insight into the world of recruiting and can become a better recruiter. The associate recruiter program is a great way for non-experienced recruiters to get their feet wet and gain experience in recruiting, sourcing, client management etc. They have team building exercises (like pizza making contests) throughout the year that promote team building and cross pollination between teams. Flex hours, ping pong table, t.v's and Myu's bbq are some other factors that make Novotus one of the best places to work for in Austin.

ConsThe cons of Novotus are minimal at best. Every company out there is going to have challenges. Novotus does a tremendous job of identifying challenges they are facing and correcting them quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the main thing, the main thing! Senior leadership is a huge part of what makes Novotus an amazing place to work for. They instill company values in their employees that are not just good for work, but can translate very well into everyday life.

Awesome Culture and Professional Growth at the Price of Compensation.

Austin, TX

ProsThis is a great company characterized by cooperation, helping each other grow professionally, great values and culture, an just good people.

ConsThe compensation isn't competitive and is rather stagnant compared to the rest of the industry. There are also no annual merit pay increases. There are quarterly bonuses which are nice but are modest in size.

Being a talent acquisition firm the company places a huge emphasis on extraverted qualities to the detriment of more introverted individuals who do not fit the extrovert ideal. They're trying to better understand individual strengths but have a long way to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to make your compensation program more competitive, especially for junior employees, and seek to better leverage the strengths and unique differences of your employees.

It's a job, but far from a career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany employee niches, you will definitely find people to work with that you will hang out with after work. If you are just looking for a job to pay the bills, than this place is a good start.

ConsNo consistency - too much variability (e.g. hiredesk versus iCIMs). There are some really good technologies for some projects, and awful technologies in others. Strategy and forward thinking aren't strong points. If you are wanting a career then look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't beg your staff to vote for you to get staffing awards. Stomp out politics - it's too small of a company to have them. The hiring and firing processes need a lot of work. Too many interviews for entry level positions, too much drama around letting people go.

Recruiter

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGood opportunity to learn the ropes in recruiting, fast paced, and nice managers. You are trained well on the ATS that are used, and there is a lot of collaborative team work. They have brown bag training sessions, which are valuable.

ConsOnce the larger projects commence, there is little opportunity to secure FT position if you are a contract worker.

Think about it

Austin, TX

ProsThey provide the tools to be successful. Co-workers enjoy each other.

ConsArrogance of leadership. Inappropriate behaviors and language from leadership down. No work/life balance. No advancement opportunities.

Worked for Novotus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novotus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novotus CEO Mike Mayeux. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Novotus employees.