Novotus

Updated December 15, 2014
3.1

Novotus CEO Mike Mayeux
Mike Mayeux

Small Company with Big Ambitions that Live up to their Goals!

Former Employee - Recruiting Team Lead in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Team Lead in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Novotus overall is a structured environment that will mold you into a strategic thinker and deliverer. Training at Novotus is very unique and you will gain experience there that will set you apart from any future co-workers. There is great opportunity at Novotus if you go there willing to learn and grow. Leadership takes pride in "growing their own" and truly celebrates their Recruiters. Leadership will not only talk the talk but walk the walk. They put their employees above themselves and will show you by working to elevate your career and serve you in any way they can. Literally they will serve you your Thanksgiving meals provided at the office and deliver your Friday morning breakfast just to be sure they thank you for your hard work. This company has a heart and that is so rare to find today.

Cons

Metrics can sometimes trip up delivery. The focus of delivery sometimes will be on numbers vs quality and relationship to the customer.

Keep the main thing the main thing ;) The foundation in which Novotus was built on is why it is successful and wonderful today. Never lose sight of the real reason we all love this job.

Fantastic Work Environment

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Novotus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Novotus is a highly engaged employer, providing unlimited resources and tools for Recruiters. I have compared my "education" with Novotus, as equal to my college experience, as training and leveraging talent, is very valued here. The opportunity to work across multiple accounts, and learn from failures as well as successes, in a truly positive environment is priceless. The culture is phenomenal; from the monthly breakfasts (where not only are you given breakfast, but sometimes gift cards and more, all SERVED to you by your Senior Leadership Team), to the holiday parties, and having team mates, not just management, review your work, is priceless, as sometimes management is just not there on a day to day basis to make that call. The Senior Leadership Team at Novotus is outstanding, and truly people you can trust and count on to have an open door policy, and are trustworthy, with even very sensitive information. This is a company FULL of good people, who work hard, and play hard! I am by no means a manager at Novotus, and want to add that you cannot judge a Glassdoor review by ex-employees, who may have left under less than perfect conditions. What I want to emphasize, is that "not every job is a good job, but THIS is a GREAT job", if you are willing to put in the work and passion for what you do. I have been here for 4+ years, and still highly recommend Novotus, to anyone, who is willing to work hard, and play hard! Work-life balance here is INCREDIBLE, they encourage you to take care of not only yourself, but your family.

Cons

Sometimes communication brought down the "chain of command", can feel uncomfortable here, but it is only because we are small in size, not small in morals.

I don't offer advice to management, I offer praise. With a company our size, you cannot always control rumors or gossip, but you do a great job of making us all feel valued!

Opportunity is what you make of it

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Environment is engaging, tools and processes are innovative and effective, plenty of challenge. The company is centered around customer service and the bottom-line is delivery. If you manage your time and work hard, there is opportunity to work on different accounts and get exposure to new things as well as the potential for promotion. Culture is fun, open, and hard working. We just won an award for top RPO so I feel we are in the right direction.

Cons

Although the company is growing, there is limited chance to be promoted into management. Sometimes things can be a little political. Although we all have metrics to hit, workload can get tough.

Benefits could be better, continue to foster the culture and do what you can to get the folks that are working hard and developing, more opportunities.

Love this company, culture and people!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every company has their pros and cons, but this was the first time I worked for a company that would actually consider the impact of their employees while making business decisions. Business is important, but it didn't always come as the ONLY priority. From the pizza cook offs and team costume contests to the random parking lot BBQ's just to say "Thank you"... Novotus had a unique way of showing they wanted us to succeed but have fun while doing it!

Cons

As they scale up, it can be difficult to keep the culture you had when you were 20 people, after you have grown to 100 people. But any company that truly wants to grow will ask their employees the tuff questions. They will learn from them and make adjustments. If you don't, it will hurt you in the end. (Something I learned while working for the #1 employer in the world, which I couldn't have gotten here without my leadership at Novotus.)

Treat each employee as if they are equally valuable while motivating them to get to the top. "Politics" will kill your culture.

Great place to work, with an awesome family atmosphere. Innovative, passionate about pleasing customers/clients

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Novotus arms their recruiters with all the tools necessary to be successful. From weekly sourcing meetings, lunch and learns, and "novelopment", any recruiter (no matter what level) can gain further insight into the world of recruiting and can become a better recruiter. The associate recruiter program is a great way for non-experienced recruiters to get their feet wet and gain experience in recruiting, sourcing, client management etc. They have team building exercises (like pizza making contests) throughout the year that promote team building and cross pollination between teams. Flex hours, ping pong table, t.v's and Myu's bbq are some other factors that make Novotus one of the best places to work for in Austin.

Cons

The cons of Novotus are minimal at best. Every company out there is going to have challenges. Novotus does a tremendous job of identifying challenges they are facing and correcting them quickly.

Keep the main thing, the main thing! Senior leadership is a huge part of what makes Novotus an amazing place to work for. They instill company values in their employees that are not just good for work, but can translate very well into everyday life.

Awesome company focused on helping people work!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great management with a strong vision.

Cons

Recruiting is cyclical which can cause a layoff. But if you are committed to being a recruiter, this is a great place to start.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Ideal Recruiting Environment for Growth and Development

I have been working at Novotus

Pros

Novotus provides a highly unique recruiting environment - the perfect mix/blend of corporate recruiting and agency recruiting. You can't get this many places. We develop deep partnerships with our clients and truly feel like 'one of them.' We have the best recruiting tools on the market. We get access to many shared services, from administrative, to sourcing, to marketing - making our lives easier. Granted, the positions we recruit are tough to fill, but the company does a great job providing as many resources as possible to help you.

Novotus is growing, which is creating change and opportunities. New positions and opportunities are being created regularly. Those who want opportunity seize it and advance. Those who don't get looked over and don't advance. It's in your hands to move your career at Novotus - gaining knowledge and experience, receiving promotions, raises, etc. If you work hard, show your value, perform, and stand out, you'll advance.

Cons

Lots of technology to digest - can get overwhelmed. Growing quickly which creates some ambiguity. Tight labor market creates high expectations from clients - managing expectations can be difficult.

Better understand the challenges and account-abilities placed on employees. Create incentive programs to help retain and attract top talent. Continue to evolve the culture.

Company for top performing recruiters.

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company understands the hard work that goes into what we do. Performers are rewarded with flexible schedules and advancement opportunities. I value the fact I get to work side by side and learn from such a great group of various industry ROCK-STAR recruiters. We are given all the latest and greatest tools to do our job even better and it is up to us to capitalize on that. I appreciate not having a calendar filled with training modules, and knowing that we have a company full of subject matter experts that we can consult with on our own time.

Cons

As we are a rapidly growing company, we could get better at communicating the changes and adjustments involved with that across the teams.

Help come up with better ways to collect information from clients that’s consistent across the board.

Great Company!

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The leadership in the organization is outstanding and they truly care for their employees. To work here you must have the ability to understand what is to work in an environment of growth and change. Growth and change can both be painful, and is not always pretty. Novotus is changing and I truly believe they have a great future!

Cons

For me, It is difficult to have a work/ life balance AND be successful in this job. It is very hard work and you must understand you will be facing many diverse clients. With the changes happening, I truly believe this will improve over time.

Keep the culture positive and keep hiring positive leaders!

Awesome Culture and Professional Growth at the Price of Compensation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great company characterized by cooperation, helping each other grow professionally, great values and culture, an just good people.

Cons

The compensation isn't competitive and is rather stagnant compared to the rest of the industry. There are also no annual merit pay increases. There are quarterly bonuses which are nice but are modest in size.

Being a talent acquisition firm the company places a huge emphasis on extraverted qualities to the detriment of more introverted individuals who do not fit the extrovert ideal. They're trying to better understand individual strengths but have a long way to go.

Work to make your compensation program more competitive, especially for junior employees, and seek to better leverage the strengths and unique differences of your employees.

Novotus Photos