Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Hendy

Behind the Times

Medical Assistant/Research Tech (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood salaries. Good marketing. Good facade.

ConsTechnology from the 1980's, maybe 1990's
Bad location

Advice to Senior ManagementComputers. Look into those! I hear they're all the rage.

Great place to get a start

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStart in a great field

ConsSalaries not equivalent to other companies

Poor Management

Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy to gain employment due too high company staffing problems, they will hire anyone.

ConsCompany keeps staff that causes problems and don't support management decisions regarding termination of these people which causes a lot of problems

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own policy handbook

Cookie-cutter clinic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

ProsEasy to learn, as the studies are all identical in structure. Documentation is very basic.

ConsBad- and I mean scary bad- employees are not disciplined. This is not a place to work if you have a brain and want to use it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you hire managers, make sure they can effectively manage staff. Then make sure they actually do it.

Great for experience, but not worth the hours, for what you get paid.

Medical Assistant/Research Tech (Current Employee)
North Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat for experience and to network

ConsToo much expected for the pay and basically on a per diem with short notice

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter scheduling

Great Learning Experience

CRA (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

ProsBenefits and great way to get into the industry

ConsBelow industry average salary and no EDC

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade to EDC

Not worth your time

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

ProsAs a part time employee you can give your availability, good if you work two jobs.

ConsVery under payed and they only like to hire inexperienced phlebs because no one with experience will take the job for the pay. Promoations are unfairly given, not based on work performance but on who the management likes the best- not based on skill and ability. Management is all over the place, always Changing rules on a whim. Management is currupt and under qualified for the jobs, and it shows. Favoritism is all over the place. Hours are never garenteeed, you could work 35 hours for weeks and then the next two weeks have no hours. It's not a place for someone looking for a career. Mistreatment based on managments mood changes occurs alot. Good for a second job where you can tell them when u can work. Benifits for full time employees are mediocre, not worth the low pay you receive and the employee pays partial. If you have a family with kids, you'll not have much money left after paying for the benifits.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified management and treat employees fairly, and follow the rules you set. If you provide a better working environment and benifits and better pay, you would receive better quality of work from employees.

Break into the Industry, then break out of here

CRA (Former Employee)

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

Pros-The company provides opportunities to break into the clinical research associate role without having previous monitoring experience
-Simple studies that are suitable for new monitors
-I found the benefits to be quite good
-Small company environment allows you to get experience in other departments that you may not get at other CROs

Cons-Poor management: lack of support, low employee retention, inconsistent communication
-Pay is approximately $20-30,000 below industry standard. Thus, they are forced to recruit inexperienced people to take advantage of their lack of knowledge of industry standards
-Nepotism rules. You'll find many unqualified people in management positions so it's no surprise when you find out who they are related to or friends with outside of work
-Equipment and practices are about 5-10 years behind current practices which leaves employees for experience gaps when they try to move on. The company still uses paper CRFs and outdated technology
-Training has obvious gaps and quality of trainers is poor

Advice to Senior ManagementStop recruiting unqualified college kids because you know they don't know better. Bring the salary and practices up to speed so you can hire and (most importantly) retain the right people.

Don't Work Here!

CRA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

ProsBenefits, work/life balance, at best.

ConsLow pay, lack of communication, no camaraderie amongst employees, incompetent Team Leaders who lack knowledge on managing trials and their "teams", which trickles down to the overworked CRAs, who by the way, are some of the worst chosen to "evaluate" the newer CRAs. What a joke! So outdated on technology and only 30% of training is useful.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Where do i begin...

CRS (Current Employee)

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

ProsBenefits and travel for the most part

ConsManagement seems incompetent and out of touch with the employees. The technology provided is very outdated. There is no structure in the training yet the academy style is emphasized throughout. For more seasoned professionals of ANY background, it may not be the right fit. The protocols are simple and the one protocol per CRA might not be enough of a challenge for some. The policies, rules/regulations don't seem to be "across the board" and things can get sloppy and disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardize your training tools/resources, policies, etc. It's really bad when you hear one thing from an employee that wasn't shared with everyone else, or it was totally something different.

Worked for Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services CEO Chris Hendy. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services employees.