Now Foods Reviews

2.1
Al Powers

1. Which way to go?

I have been working at Now Foods

Pros

Good company, they want to succeed. The care about their people and pay well.

Cons

They are not experts in manufacturing just selling. Lacking in expertise of manufacturing. Currently just going through the motions.

Advice to Management

Hire outside experience, build a team, teach us and we will take it to another level. I have seen a good guy come through the plant and he was full of ideas and skill. We are waiting for him to teach us the right way. We just need leadership and direction. We are just guessing now. Lets make work fun.

2. Great mission but not always consistent

I worked at Now Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's great to support products that are priced so reasonably and are healthy for consumers to buy.
    Co-Workers were very friendly and helpful - great people work there.
    Company pays well and has great benefits.

Cons

Company is not consistent about treatment of employees.
    Company management doesn't act as Christian as they present themselves to be.
    All employees need to show visible support of management or they are considered "against" them.

Advice to Management

Spend some time to earn the trust instead of enforcing it.

3. Incredible Place to Work

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Now Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, Great Benefits, Profit Sharing, Quarterly Bonuses for all. New leader has a clear vision of where the company is heading and how each of us contribute s to the effort. I have been here for a few years, and we seemed to just be going through the motions. Now there is an incredible about of positive energy coming through the last 6 months, and our growth is tremendous. for once our future is bright and the sky is the limit!

Cons

Some negative people who don't want to contribute and are unwilling to change. Also some former employees contacting people and attempting to stir up ill will. Some Supervisors don't seem to know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: don't waste too much time on the haters. Let's focus on winning together.

Mobbing culture

I worked at Now Foods

Pros

Quarterly bonus, Free gifts, some friendly people

Cons

Mobbing culture meaning if you are not a part of the "in" crowd, you can be attacked with hostile behavior via email or phone if selected. I have experienced what the other reviewers have stated as well. The place is ran inefficiently and ineffectively. Also, Minority advancement is an issue with some people.

Advice to Management

Listen. Learn. Act.

Good experience, not a good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I worked at Now Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees benefits, salaries are competitive and quarterly bonus are ok. The Richard family does care about their employees. They are always given something away: T-shirt, blankets.

Cons

There is no organization, no structure, people don't know what it is expected for them to do. Managers don't talk to each other. There is a lack of communication. The only time managers will talk to you is when something went wrong. There is no team or supportive environment. Employees are constantly criticizing your job, pointing out your mistakes, talking behind your back, and what it's sad is that managers and HR know that, but they don't do anything about it. I'm assuming because they don't know how to control it. Low moral of employees. There is no sense of urgency. Employees feel that they have the right to go to HR for minor things o gossips. They can lie and HR believes them.

Advice to Management

Visit the floor more often and see how your employees are behaving. They have no desire to work because nobody is there to couch or make them feel appreciated for what they do. HR needs to stop listening to employees' complains and let them know that they need to go back to work. This is a business, if no product is produce, no income is received. Provide more training. Start training your managers so that they can train supervisors properly, and supervisors can train employees. Promote a positive environment, offer advice no criticism.

Good experience except for the management team.

I worked at Now Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are great and benefits are good. You can have life balance because everyone, even salaried employees, are expected to work only 40 hours (with only 30 mins for lunch).

Cons

This place seems to suck the life right out of you. I've seen so many people come in with new, outside the box ideas, ready to work hard, only to give up in under a year when they realize management will not allow change. And change is exactly what is needed if they want to grow. They need outside ideas from professional outside people. They cannot continue in the direction they have been heading or it will all implode.
     They want to be a billion dollar company but that will be impossible without giving up their original customers, the small natural health food stores. The industry will not be supportive when it realizes NOW is heading to mass market.
    International sales seems to have completely slumped after a strong team that had led them to major growth all left. And the departure of the 2 most respected senior managers has left everyone scared for their jobs and questioning the future of the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the ones doing the work daily and they really do have the best interest of the company in mind. You will lose the good employees if they don't feel their efforts are being respected.

Not What they say they are

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Now Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NOW pays very well including a quarterly bonus program. They need to do this so that you won't leave when you realize that they have no ethics and only want to put money in their own pockets

Cons

They read your email and use it in reviews. They fire people just because they don't agree with the leadership. The HR department is now run in a way that doesn't look out for employees. They talk about caring for their employees but they really don't. I used to believe in them but now can see right through them. I am stuck though because they pay me so much it is hard to find a comparable salary.

Advice to Management

You will lose really good people with your paranoia and horrible leadership. It just will take us time.

Hypocritical

I have been working at Now Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very concerned for the employee, they'll take every opportunity to help the employee and have them improve. They're concerned about the environment and community as well.

Cons

No management support for making productive decisions, middle management is easily expendable if upper management or the board of directors doesn't like you from "perception."

Advice to Management

Treat ALL your employees with integrity and respect, do an honest assessment of them and not just hear-say from others.

Has potential, but could loose good people. Needs more experienced people.

I have been working at Now Foods

Pros

Bibles and Chaplin service. Exercise and resting areas. Wellness program, it's small but something. Tries to get people involved.

Cons

People more concerned about sports and being friends. Bosses don't know what we need to do and can't explain. Just want you to do it. Lots of overtime. Smoke free campus.

Advice to Management

Get people who know what to do.

11. Overall good company to work for

Former Employee - Naa in Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Naa in Sparks, NV

I worked at Now Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits, perfect work-life balance, good opportunity to learn manufactuing.

Cons

lack of training, poor communication, low morale, supervisors show favoritisim, hard to grow in some areas which contributes to the turn over rate.

Advice to Management

communicate better, provide training, promote within often

RSS Feed </> Embed