Nscglobal Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Yaseen Khan

Pros
  • People are friendly, the working environment is good, the job itself is ok (in 4 reviews)

• A lot of travel involved as a Field Engineer (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes HR not very professional and lack of communication (in 2 reviews)

• Their expectations of you will be ridiculous, ending up in a poor work/life balance (in 2 reviews)

Nscglobal a corporate numbers game for the working class

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Nscglobal

Pros

Was looking for them but didn't find anything.

Cons

Laid off after being told it was IT Infrastructure change whatever that means. No raises in Atos and being baught for 25 cents from Nscglobal. Not to mentioned a former colleague became manager only to do the dirty work from upper management in order to cut costs and let go very good technicians who worked hard to please the clients who where awesome and not our management what so ever....meaning upper management. Good luck selling your souls to Satan for your upper management positions.

Advice to Management

The hard working techs are just numbers, they are best customer service, IT savvy techs that were the face of your company. Good luck training monkeys for bananas if you can even afford that.

I've had worse

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work for Nike, albeit laterally, at the WHQ, so there's that

Cons

Any sort of idea that you'll get pay comparable to your work or education experience/qualifications is a joke. Benefits are nearly non-existent to the average employee. Unaffordable health insurance, non-existent PTO. (64hrs/year)

Advice to Management

Make an effort to pay a livable wage, maybe then employee retention won' tbe such an issue

No Future

I have been working at Nscglobal

Pros

It's a job. Now for the new ones they hire, they seem to like the company.

Cons

No future to move up in the company. No Raises.

Horrible Company...scary business practices

Former Employee - Client Side Support Technician in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Client Side Support Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has few pro's to it's existence, it feeds off the lowest bidder to place IT with them. They cut your throat so much as look or talk to you and management seems to feel you aren't worth keeping around unless your ticket support exceeds physical ability. - None, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

Cons

- Short sighted management styles - no pay raises - Benefits...what benefits. - No movement in position, you hired on to be a janitor good luck getting to trash guy.

Advice to Management

You need to think of the employee on the ground and what your company represents, you don't seem to have a firm grasp on taking on companies like ATOS. Your management style of hire on, then fire off to bring on contractors at half rate and no benefits is a bad practice only befitting those seeking to ruin their own business. If you really want to excel in the IT realm, bring on benefits and help make employees happy.

Don

Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Nscglobal (More than a year)

Pros

NONE - the leadership lies about everything

Cons

NSCGlobal's CEO is an ex-convict, a complete pathological liar and a cheat

7. The place sucked.

Former Employee - Computer Support Technician in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Computer Support Technician in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Nscglobal full-time

Pros

Great place here in Beaverton Oregon. The client is fantastic. The work was challenging but rewarding. Managers had no idea where we work.

Cons

No pay increases. I made less than the new hires. It is tough training the new guys when they are making more. Ask for more money and they actually point to the door. I worked at four different jobs in the two years I was there. I received NO training for any of the positions. I told them each time I didn't feel comfortable working at a job where I had no clue. They said tough. Do the job. Oh, and no extra pay even though they required more skill. I guess that is why they chose me. I had no idea what I was doing. I had to always ask for help. Often times there was none. As long as the client didn't complain to management my bosses were satisfied. Managers lied to us and the client. They are on borrowed time with this account. They cut our hours to 39 hours last year because there was not enough money to pay us. We were told NOT to tell the client. We still had to perform to 40 hour standards. 3 managers, no top boss that is local. They backstabbed each other to show who was the alpha dog. God forbid one of them went on vacation. The other bosses came in and changed policies, made up policies, they would do anything and everything to make the other guy look bad. They got weeks and weeks of vacation. I got 8 days a year. That was total. No holidays, no sick days. We actually had to sign an agreement that we would not bad mouth or talk about them. I left recently. More money AND more respect.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to the employees AND don't lie to the people that you work for. Actually talk to your employees not at them.

Worst company ever

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Paterson, NJ
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Paterson, NJ

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is none. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the account I was assigned too. That's the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Where do I start. Management told me my position was eliminated, but as I was being escorted out the door, my replacement was getting escorted in to my cube to replace me at a cheaper rate. Management does not care about the customer, they're re only concerned about the bottom line. If you want to work for less than $20 an hour and what's has to be one of the worst health insurance offered by any company, nsc is the company for you. The company is trying to prevent employees from writing bad reviews by forcing everyone to sign a document that's basically a gag order so you can't talk bad about them. Plain and simple, there are much better jobs out there. Skip this company until they replace upper management.

Advice to Management

Retire early and replace yourself with people that know how to actually manage. You haven't been able to fix this broken ship since Siemens, what makes you think you can fix it now.

Changing for the worse.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We were told by our Manager that NSCGlobal was purposely sabotaging the contract we were employed with because they felt there is not enough money in the Government Sector. How's that for building morale. There are no pros here, in ANY sense of the word.

Cons

NSCGlobal took over the Field Services area from Atos. Since then there has been nothing but clueless management, favoritism, discrimination, an unorganized chain of command, a self-destructive business model, payroll glitches, an incompetent HR department, and an untrained help desk.

Advice to Management

Focus on skills and customers, not bean counting.

10. Great company for getting your foot in the door and learning!!

I have been working at Nscglobal

Pros

Great learning environment, co workers are great

Cons

The health insurance is extremely unaffordable

11. Great company! Very innovative, flexible and creative freedom to structure deals to meet customer demands.

Current Employee - Global Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From a sales perspective, nscglobal provides an open structure, freedom and strong leadership backing in order to structure innovative deals to meet customer demands, beat the competition and win deals.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth, there are newer employees that are still learning the ropes.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and investing in new product offerings.

RSS Feed </> Embed