Nscglobal

Updated November 15, 2014
Updated November 15, 2014
2.3

Yaseen Khan

Good to Company to start carrier. They have very nice connection int market,

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good work life balance. Once in project. you will be busy with the your client

Cons

Senior management absence. NO client-company meeting. No pay hike on 2nd and 3rd year.

Learn how to retain your best employee.

This is a bottom of the barrel employer - BEWARE

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are engaged in some large customers such as AT&T and Accenture (Short term I am sure)

Cons

Complete lack of ethics, lies to customers, lies to employees, and upper management is completely talentless compared to other employers I have worked for. Buyer Beware - The CEO (Yasee Khan) doesn't even use his real name and spent time in prison! True Story

In the US lack of ethics is a short term strategy. Quit lieing and ripping off large customers such as AT&T and Accenture.

Company Management Questionable

Current Employee - Technical in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Technical in Mason, OH

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Management poorly put together!!! Don't expect any real pat on the backs. Have yet to receive acknowledgement of any accomplishments with the company.

Consider discussing more pay for years of service. Certain managers are quite rude.

Worried throughout my time here. Have never experieced blatant dishonesty during hiring process but happened here.

Former Employee - Field Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Engineer

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hmmm. Hard to think about this. No office to report to, if you're interested in this kind of environment. A lot of travel involved as a Field Engineer.

Cons

Distant management, 2nd guessing everything that is said to you by managers, all control comes from 3rd-party retailer who has established difficult, very early starting time.
    No health insurance, although I was promised this.
    Lack of communication from human resources.
    These guys are incredibly distant and laugh at the mention of ethics. Unfortunately I worked here for a few months and was lied to throughout.

I would share advise to upper management, but doubt they would listen as no company communications (emails) exist. Even if I shared advise I wouldn't know where to start because all areas need to be overhauled for this small company. I worked in northern california.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from anything this company is offering you...

Current Employee - Technician in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Technician in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Nscglobal as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

None. Seriously, none. Other than the people you work with (not management), this is just a job that is meant to fill a void while you look for another job. In most cases, you will be a contractor working AT a good company while working FOR a horrible company. Other than a shortened work week (39 hours), no raises, unpaid time off, no benefits, and management giving you ZERO feedback... It's great.

Cons

Everything mentioned above plus MANAGEMENT... These are people that call themselves "Management" in their email signature, but hardly act the part. If you call never having a formal review or meeting with your manager in over 3 years "management", then this company is for you!

Less management. Hire people that are interested in being managers.

Hearing that voice of doubt and a "Global" company with no available Org structure ....run away..fast!!!!

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and supposedly a growing company (for how long? Is the question)

Cons

Low ball bidding to win business that barely covers or sometimes does not cover the true cost .
    No clear org structure .
    Little use of standard practices.
    Unethical sales practices, selling customers what they know they have no capacity to deliver and want you to go go along with the lie
    No or not enough quality senior level tech resources.
    Little to no resource planning.
    Stretch the truth as far as possible till it snaps mentality....okkk...they lie!
    Throw it over the fence culture- someone else will deliver it and make it work.
    Very high turnover rate.
    Little or no US support structure, 90% UK based.
    Chaotic environment.
    Global offices locations that do not really exist.no actual resources in country.
    Blatant lies and selling an organized and progressive company, totally opposite to what exists.

Stretching the truth and using smoke and mirrors only goes so far!! show some ethics and learn to value your staff if you expect to keep good people over the long term. If you have very high turnover coupled with a lack basic structure....they are not the problem YOU ARE!! it WILL catch up with you.

Field Engineer

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent coworkers - other than that, I cannot think of too many other positives.

Cons

My honest advice to anyone reading this is to stay away from this company. They are the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. They will literally lie through their teeth to try to get you on board then not hold up to anything they tell you. It is almost impossible to get response from administrative staff. Their expectations of you will be ridiculous, ending up in a poor work/life balance. They run business like a mom and pop shop. If your desperate for the money then go for it, but if you can take any other alternative I strongly suggest you steer clear from nscglobal.

You need to get your act together. Provide the administrative staff to support employees. Training is poor, retention is poor. This should tell you something.

Shady business

Current Employee - Desktop Support in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in New York, NY

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can leave anytime you want.

Cons

Company finds all ways to screw you over as best that it can barely within the confines of the law.

Do yourself a favor and quit before you lose everything.

0 Stars

Former Employee - Network Security in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Network Security in New York, NY

I worked at Nscglobal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will work onsite as a consultant for a good company that is forced to used outside vendors, one of which is nscglobal. You will work with good fellow employees.

Cons

-No vision
    -You will be treated like cattle and likely ignored.
    -You will be lied to.
    -Incompetent and indifferent management
    -It's not really a company, it's just a body shop.

The only reason you would ever want to work here is to do a good job at the client site and hope to be hired by them. Forget that though, target a company you like and go for it.

Close down your business. You really have no idea what you're doing.

What a mess - Caution

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Nscglobal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Global Company with significant opportunities in the sell through market

Cons

Complete lack of ethics by leadership. Complete house of cards that sells futures with no ability to deliver. Philosophy is to promise the world to win business and beg for forgiveness at a later date.

Do business with integrity - lies will not play long for you in the US.