Nsoro

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Rick Suarez

turnover and insanity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nsoro full-time

Prosits not a bad place to get your foot in the door, you learn alot because you are juggling so much

Conslow pay, we lost alot of people to pay issues. lack of training doesn't work for everyone and when your coworkers don't really know what they are doing, and aren't corrected for their incompetence or worse promoted because your life is harder. pm's play games by calling you and not giving written instructions. if you work there get directions in writing and save them.

Females Beware

I have been working at Nsoro full-time for more than a year

ProsA good place to learn about the AT&T Turfing Contract model

ConsFemales going into this company will typically earn 25-30% less than their male counterparts. Management is shakey at best. Employees typically only stick around for a year and there seems to be a revolvong door policy in place. This may be petty to some but as large as this company is and the profits they make; they don't even provide a Christmas party for their staff and refuse to donate towards one. This given the fact that by the time November rolls around and the deadlines approach to finalize the years projects, they expect staff to work around the clock with no benefit of overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe typical complaint from most employees is that they have managers who know less than they do, and are expected to do the work for them, this should change. There is also the typical 'old boys club' mentality deeply entrenched here; very disconcerting!

Worst and most incompetent company I have seen

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Nsoro full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can make contacts at other companies

ConsJust about everything. The management is completely incompetent from VP down. They seriously have no clue about day to day operations. There is no structure or training so you will be yelled at from day one to do your job even if they dont tell you what it is. Don't try and ask any questions about process or anything else since they response is more yelling. My manager had no clue about what was supposed to be done or how to do it but told everyone to get things done. There was a 90% turnover rate the 10 months I was there. Seriously contemplate working at McDonalds before working here. It is simply the worst company on earth. The only reason they are in business is because of back room deals with AT&T.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill yourselves

Poor leadership and poor development of project management methodologies.

Project Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nsoro

ProsJob security in an immersing industry.

ConsWorkload to high. Staff turnover to high. No merit or performance based reward system. Poor performance appraisal process. Jobs awarded based on relationships and not skills, competency or performance. Job openings not posted for all to be considered.

It's Just NOT Good Business.

I have been working at Nsoro

Pros1) A handful of understanding individuals, managers, and other business contacts.
2) Salary is decent. **Contingent if excessive mandatory OT (unpaid) isn't required.

Cons1) Lack of Communication from Corporate to Field Offices.
2) Failure of Corporate/Management to understand the hurdles they put in place when decisions are made without input.
3) "Go go go" attitude when it is obvious that you are standing in quicksand and movement forward is harming current business and new business.
4) 7 day work weeks @ 12-15 hours each day.
5) Inefficient ways to track, monitor, judge work loads vs. staff.
6) No Training for programs, jobs, etc... Just thrown to the wolves and hope you float.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. When directives are not passed down to those that will need the information the most, it hinders productivity. Chain of command to pass up concerns, issues, etc... often gets stopped at the person that doesn't want deal with it. This leaves the problem unresolved and ultimately gets bigger the longer it goes unresolved. Communication needs to be two ways, the field offices really need to have a say and need to be taken seriously.

Wish I would not even have to include them on my resume

Construction Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Nsoro

ProsGood benefits and insurance. Paid vacation/holidays.

ConsPerhaps some of the worst politics I have ever seen in a company. Lack of cohesive process and procedures. Emphasis on favoritism over actual job performance. Extremely weak senior management that uses scope of the job as an excuse for inability to meet goals. Inability to discuss dissatisfaction with treatment from upper management. Seen more as property than company asset. Inconsistent standards and lack of training across the board. Employees more concerned with protecting their own jobs rather than trying to maintain any type of positive work ethic. Another thing to keep in mind with this company is that rules are enforced with a double standard. If you choose to work with them make sure you record every conversation that you have with people that has the potential to have a negative impact on your professional reputation. As another reviewer implied not all the business is on the level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to actually listen to the issues that your field personnel feel that are important. Have an emphasis on having a succesful project and hire people who are qualified to fill the positions. Learn how to create a team environment instead of running a fragmented project where trust is inherently lacking.

No balance between Work and Time Off

Construction Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nsoro

ProsThe pro's of working for NSORO is the amount of knowlegdge gained in a short amount of time. This is due to the amount of pressure put on employee's and the unrealistic demands made by upper management.

ConsNo paid overtime!!!!!! No balance of work and time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be balance between work and time off. Pay your employee's for overtime.

Worst Company I've ever worked for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nsoro

ProsHealth Benefits are comparable to other companies

Cons24/7 work enviornment, even if your not supose to be 24/7! They need experienced senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an interest in your local employees and start to treat them as an asset to the company instead of treating them as property, then maybe you wouldn't have such a high turnover rate!

Worked for Nsoro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nsoro reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nsoro CEO Rick Suarez. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Nsoro employees.