Nsoro

Rick Suarez

Dancing on Vapor

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nsoro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you provide value for your knowledge/skill set and abilities, it is an exciting and dynamic place to work

Cons

Constant change (Which is also a pro), a very demanding customer that many times leaves professionalism behind, explosive growth with no corresponding head count increases means that you better be able to adapt and adjust on the fly

Be determined to mirror your customer and become one of the best places to work or your workforce will fail because of constant turnover.

Not for the unprepared

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Nsoro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Individually, people could be and were professional and respectful. For those looking for decent income for short-term projects. Office environment was OK: loud - only partial height cubicles, most were shared.

Cons

Local management at the time (2011), was pretty clueless about program/project management principles, processes and procedures. Management also failed to provide the support necessary for success - mostly seemed to be more about shifting blame and responsibility down the food chain. They also had managed to really upset a lot of employees in their then "sister" company, MasTec in Charlotte who provided key services. Ultimately, their reputation "on the street" is more than deserved.

Name Change of Company - Nsoro to MasTec Network Solutions

Current Employee - Project Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Nsoro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bi-weekly paycheck and health benefits

Cons

Changing the name of the company does not do anything to address the issues the lack of professionalism by senior management, lack of growth and no clear vision for the company.
    Complaints to HR go unanswered. You are better filing a complaint with EEOC if you want your complaint investigated.

They lure you in with the great pay in the bad economy,they are predatory and horrible

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I worked at Nsoro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will hire anyone that a temp agency can throw their way and then beg for more The pay is good considering our economy is terrible, but like anything that seems too good to be true usually is, that is the case in this place. They keep you as a temp for well over a year, I am over a year here and still a temp. They keep you even when you have no idea what you are doing because they need fresh bodies to scream at, so I guess that is a plus.

Cons

Everything about this company is a "con" If you get sent here from your employment agency choose a new one, because I used Apple One and they sent me here, this is the WORST company to work for in the Nashville area and I will never let them place me again. The management is classless and useless, unless you like being screamed at or hear nothing but screaming for 8 hours a day but the managers, and they scream at everyone not just the temps, there isn't a project coordinator that hasn't been mistreated this week I wonder if they even know that the way they treat people is leaving their company liable for violating workplace laws Abuse int he workplace is a serious thing and I think that we should all get together and file a class action against the abuse that this company as a whole not just Nashville seems ok to subject us to. I think if I were a manager I would be embarrassed to see this and take it seriously because if you are reading this and you think that this is about you, It is most certainly about you. ALL of the project managers and upper management needs to be fired and they need employees that actually know what the word professionalism means. They scream at you and your co workers all day long they treat you like a dog, they block you from being trained unless they deem it as something THEY feel you need which is usually wrong and then they scream at you for messing it up. Its the worst experience I have ever had in my adult life.

FIRE your current Management team and 3/4 of your Project Managers they are worthless, because all they are doing is collecting a paycheck and you are paying them to do so.

Just a sad case

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nsoro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some good people working for the company. You will find that many of them take pride in what they do, and they want to do and be the best.

Cons

Management seems confused as to what direction to move the company, they do not communicate at all. And they do not address rumors when asked about them. As an employee you are expected to live for the company.

Worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Nsoro

Pros

Health benefits and bi-weekly pay check

Cons

Company has no processes in place and the company's one customer dicates who should hold which roles within the region. Empolyees were subject to rude and obnoxious outbursts by senior management.

Corporate office need to write and implement processes to effectively run business.

Very Poor / dissatisfying company to work for

Current Employee - UMTS Construction Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - UMTS Construction Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Nsoro

Pros

Benefits, and that's about it.

Cons

The company is going through some major changes. They are a ship without a rudder. It is highly speculative if Nsoro will succeed or fail. Even if it's the former, understand that the culture probably won't change, that it's more important for you to "play the game" than it is to simply excel at your job and let your work do the talking. Recent downsizing eliminated a lot of very smart, hard-working employees and kept more than a few mid-level managers, and once again changed top level managers who are largely the root cause for Nsoro problems in the first place. In a word, "politics." The managers are more interested in doing what they can to save their jobs than they are to provide a roadmap that makes sense or management that nurtures excellence.

It was a very unsatisfying demanding workplace, they do not care about their employees as you are only a number and they feel that they own you 100%, demand and expect 16-18 hrs. a day 24/7.

Too much finger pointing, backstabbing and CYA. Nobody I worked with will take bkame for the problems they cause, and there are many, makes the field employees jobs impossible.

The company I feel will fail, dont be an aid to that fact and hire on with these people, they will lie and scarify your reputation.

Do everybody a favor, bail out of the industry.

Not a good one...should have listened to others opinions.

I worked at Nsoro

Pros

Good office location which provided a decent commute to work each day. Nice employees to work along side with every day.

Cons

No training provided for jobs within the company. Managers were incompetent and often tried to blame others for not getting their work completed. Many employees felt they were on needles and pins while working.

I wouldn't do it again and I wouldn't recommend you do it either

Current Employee - Project Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Nsoro

Pros

1. No set hours.
    2. Flexibility in how you get the job done as long as you get it done.
    3. Diversity in the corporate offices.
    4. Minority owned business.

Cons

1. 24/7 oncall workplace.
    2. Actually getting calls 24/7 including weekends, holidays and vacation.
    3. Favoritism by management.
    4. Pay differences between men and women.
    5. Lack of corporate standards.
    6. High pressure to 'git r done' in the field.
    7. Lack of billing support in order to 'git r done'.

Create standards on how things should be done and train the field personnel. Provide and integrate HR support to field - not just in corporate offices. Include and enforce diversity training to all management and field personnel. Back off from growing until these things are in place.

Very disappointing with the way things are run.

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Nsoro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some very good friendships where made while working here.

Cons

Everything else about this company is just bad! Mom and pop shop that grew too fast and had no polices, procedures, etc in place.