Nu Skin

Nu Skin Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Nu Skin President, CEO, and Director M. Truman Hunt

M. Truman Hunt

Pros:
  • "great people who care but need help in showing it without favoritism"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They have great benefits such as free products for employees to take every month and the overall working atmosphere is nice"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Thick upper management hierarchy, so it is hard to move up"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Time controls typical of a call center"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for

ProsGreat perks and family oriented

ConsSome favoritism when it comes to personal connections

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for hard-work and not for friend connections for progression

Positive

Executive (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsBeing able to choose who you want to work with. Picking your own hours. Residual income. Products are fabulous!!!

ConsProducts are expensive. Monthly quota is hard to achieve and maintain to be able to make enough money to live on. Hard to find people who believe in the dream of a network marketing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the pay structure so new people can make a success at this. Instead of it being so much about the well established.

Great place to work, very generous.

Provo, UT

ProsBenefits, perks, culture, employee interaction

ConsLow turnover, not much chance to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on career development

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work.

ProsGreat culture, great people, flexible schedule as long as you get your work done.

ConsNo one every leaves. Sometimes seeing a future of advancement there is limited.

Good company, some nice benefits; But despite their claimed values, they're still a "corporation" that's all about $$$

Call Center Trainer (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsFree product from employee store. A fun culture and mostly enjoyable place to work. A corporate vision that has good intentions and fulfills some of them. LIttle perks like Christmas parties with gifts, turkeys for thanksgiving, summer parties.

ConsThey don't always treat their most loyal and most experienced employees fairly. Good employees will be fired or laid off, often times without real, just cause. Sometimes it's just a matter of saving money because a more tenured employee is making "too much" and they can hire a less experienced employee and pay them less. Salary isn't actually as competitive as they claim, especially the longer you've worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more of a pipeline to help employees move up.

Do you like out-of-touch management, draconian rules, and feeling like a nobody? Then Nu Skin is for you!

Sales Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsThey have company parties twice a year that are good, but other than that, there isn't much good to say about this company.

ConsManagement is completely out of touch with its employees and routinely implements rules they themselves are not willing to follow. They do not listen to feedback from employees, and if you try to suggest ways to improve the company, you get put on their "bad employee" list, and you can never get off of it. Unless you are buddies with the hiring manager in charge of a position, you will not get hired for a job, regardless of your qualifications. TLs don't really listen to employees either, and when you bring up a suggestion to make something run better, they shoot it down without actually exploring the suggestions.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen to your employees. You implement more and more rules for your employees every few months, but you yourselves never actually take calls. If management expects employees to do more and more on every phone call, they should have to take at least two days of calls per month so they can understand what the employees are having to do. And if they do not meet the expectation they set for their employees, they shouldn't be in management anymore, because they are not able to do the job they expect their employees to do.

Probably the most concerned company I have worked for. Work/Life balance.

Salaried Manager (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsVery long term employees, the company benefits are unrivaled, great location in downtown Provo with lots of upside. Always growing - always successful.

ConsI have not come up with or seen any cons to this point. Usually there would be something to say here, but not for Nu Skin

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are already doing so well. Great business model that is copied by many others.

Good inbetween Job

Customer Support Representative--Japanese (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsThe pay is really good. Most of my supervisors were really cool and really able to work with my schedule with school.

ConsYou are strapped to a Desk for 5 hours. If you dont mind desk work this is a great job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to employees and make sure to communicat alot because sometimes you feel like you never get interaction except with people over the phone.

Great company, culture, ethics and values

Director (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsFamily owned with great values and great benefits.

ConsThere are no Cons I can say honestly

Very stringent time control methods

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsDiverse company culture, good people. I enjoyed taking calls from people, as I worked in the Argentina department. I also enjoyed being an inbound only rep.

ConsTime controls typical of a call center. I really didn't enjoy sitting in a chair answering the same calls. there was no variety. I also felt that the compensation for upselling products was pretty disgraceful.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore flexibility with school schedules.

Worked for Nu Skin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nu Skin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nu Skin CEO M. Truman Hunt. All 59 reviews posted anonymously by Nu Skin employees.