Nu Skin

Updated December 17, 2014
4.1

Nu Skin President, CEO, and Director M. Truman Hunt
M. Truman Hunt

Pros
  • In addition to the competitive pay you get, you also get free products and multiple company events for free (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits (401k, Health, Dental, local perks, full in-office gym) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • At the call center you are stuck on the phone at a computer all day (in 5 reviews)

• Thick upper management hierarchy, so it is hard to move up (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent company with a great culture.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay are on par with good companies. The bonus structure is better than most. The Executive management team really cares about employees and their individual success, and that is how they drive success at the company generally.
    They value company experience and knowledge. I work with a number of people who started at the warehosue or the call center and now have well paying professional positions. In the 'I gotta have it now' culture, this sometimes takes too long.
    This company also truly lives up to its 'Force for Good' culture in the community, its employees, and many places in the world. This is exhibited by both the corporation and members of the board and executive management.

Cons

Advancement in position is slow, because retention is high in professional positions.
    The Call Center is probably just a little better than average in which to work, and that is where most of the hiring is found.

Amazing experience

Current Employee - Emeral Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Emeral Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Nu Skin (more than an year)

Pros

Innovative, brilliant corporate management.

Cons

People still skeptical about this business model. But if you really look at it, it is a good thing.

N/A

Amazing culture, really a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Distributor Support in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Distributor Support in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They make it worth it to work there. In addition to the competitive pay you get, you also get free products and multiple company events for free. Employees are number one priority here, so it makes what can be a thankless job worth it.

Cons

It can be hard to work with the distributors of the company.

Pretty good for a call center. Not a great job though.

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits like free products and awesome Christmas bonuses. Most of the coworkers you work with are friendly and fun to work with.

Cons

The distributors you talk to are horrible and you have to basically do whatever they say because management is too scared to ever say no when someone is mad. They are extremely inflexible with scheduling. They are always so desperate to hire language speakers but its because they won't let anyone change their schedule and so they're forced to quit. The scheduling department (Work force management) is a nightmare. They've made a few people cry that I've seen because they're so rude.

Hire and promote based on experience and knowledge rather than someone who is fun loving but has no idea how to do basic tasks. We all know you have a "bad list" of people who will never get promoted because they got on the call center manager's bad side.

I've enjoyed my 5 years of working with this company.

Current Employee - Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits (401k, Health, Dental, local perks, full in-office gym). Good growth pipeline.

Cons

The current regional management doesn't fully grasp the opportunities that could come from relying more on data analysis.

Good Overall

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time

Pros

Extremely family-friendly, and very generous with bonuses and other perks when the company is doing well. The work is stimulating, and I feel I've learned a lot.

Cons

Due to an overabundance of positive aspects, people don't quit much. Often, the only way to advance a career is to leave. Salary seems to trend on the low side - probably because they can get away with it.

Top management tends to focus on the sales side of the business at the expense of the "back office." A bit more support to us corporate peons would go a long way to helping the company run as efficiently as it appears to from the outside.

What a nightmare of a company

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Alot of free product, and ok pay for a part time college student.

Cons

They claim to have magical products that cure every ailment as well as deep wrinkles and cancer. They give you alot of the product as a perk to try for yourself, but young people rarely have cancer and wrinkles, and the rest of their products are over priced lotions and magic potions. THEIR PRODUCT CLAIMS ARE UNPROVEN! They will ask you to claim to customers that these products work, when there is no research that they cure wrinkles or free radicals. Basically you lie on the phone to raise profits and if you don't, you'll hit the door. Call center people are treated like garbage. If they don't perform or ask for time off you will be fired ('I've seen them let people go for no reason many times, and humiliate them by having security walk them to the door.) They also promised me at my interview that I could have christmas holidays off as a student, but then once I had booked a flight and gone through their month long training, told me that I had earned NO time off and would have to work every day except Christmas and Christmas eve. Do not settle for working for these people only because they have relatively high pay for Provo. Find a more ethical company.

Act less like a Nazi regime and start being great managers. Also, treat employees like people and not slaves.

Great Products to work with

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Nu Skin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

leaders in the anti aging market

Cons

This is a luxury item and goes how the economy is spending

Salary plus commissions to sales representatives

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The products are excellent. Especially the Galvanic Spa. I've been using the Galvanic Spa now for 4 years now and at age 58 don't look a day over 50. I recently attended my 40th class reunion and I must say looked younger than any of my classmates. I have to give credit to this fabulous product.

Cons

I was an Independent Distributor and got caught up in all the hype. The bottom line is I never made a dime. The compensation plan is the worst I have ever seen in any network marketing company. I literally lost thousands of dollars because if you don't meet their minimum requirements every month, you have to requalify, pay more money and I finally had to walk away. It was very discouraging and an expensive learning lesson.

Sales/Tech Support Rep

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative, Korean in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative, Korean in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free product, good pay for part time, fun company culture, good training for customer service and interactions.

Cons

rigid schedule - doesn't allow for a lot of flexibility, lack of communication with corporate and front line employees.

Information should be disseminated faster to front line employees to facilitate better customer service.

Nu Skin Photos