Nu Skin Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
4.0

Nu Skin President, CEO, and Director M. Truman Hunt
M. Truman Hunt

Pros
  • Free products, nice bonuses and christmas bonus/gifts (in 10 reviews)

• great people who care but need help in showing it without favoritism (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • At the call center you are stuck on the phone at a computer all day (in 5 reviews)

• Thick upper management hierarchy, so it is hard to move up (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I've enjoyed my 5 years of working with this company.

Current Employee - Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits (401k, Health, Dental, local perks, full in-office gym). Good growth pipeline.

Cons

The current regional management doesn't fully grasp the opportunities that could come from relying more on data analysis.

Good Overall

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time

Pros

Extremely family-friendly, and very generous with bonuses and other perks when the company is doing well. The work is stimulating, and I feel I've learned a lot.

Cons

Due to an overabundance of positive aspects, people don't quit much. Often, the only way to advance a career is to leave. Salary seems to trend on the low side - probably because they can get away with it.

Top management tends to focus on the sales side of the business at the expense of the "back office." A bit more support to us corporate peons would go a long way to helping the company run as efficiently as it appears to from the outside.

What a nightmare of a company

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Alot of free product, and ok pay for a part time college student.

Cons

They claim to have magical products that cure every ailment as well as deep wrinkles and cancer. They give you alot of the product as a perk to try for yourself, but young people rarely have cancer and wrinkles, and the rest of their products are over priced lotions and magic potions. THEIR PRODUCT CLAIMS ARE UNPROVEN! They will ask you to claim to customers that these products work, when there is no research that they cure wrinkles or free radicals. Basically you lie on the phone to raise profits and if you don't, you'll hit the door. Call center people are treated like garbage. If they don't perform or ask for time off you will be fired ('I've seen them let people go for no reason many times, and humiliate them by having security walk them to the door.) They also promised me at my interview that I could have christmas holidays off as a student, but then once I had booked a flight and gone through their month long training, told me that I had earned NO time off and would have to work every day except Christmas and Christmas eve. Do not settle for working for these people only because they have relatively high pay for Provo. Find a more ethical company.

Act less like a Nazi regime and start being great managers. Also, treat employees like people and not slaves.

Great Products to work with

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Nu Skin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

leaders in the anti aging market

Cons

This is a luxury item and goes how the economy is spending

Salary plus commissions to sales representatives

Sales/Tech Support Rep

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative, Korean in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative, Korean in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free product, good pay for part time, fun company culture, good training for customer service and interactions.

Cons

rigid schedule - doesn't allow for a lot of flexibility, lack of communication with corporate and front line employees.

Information should be disseminated faster to front line employees to facilitate better customer service.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The products are excellent. Especially the Galvanic Spa. I've been using the Galvanic Spa now for 4 years now and at age 58 don't look a day over 50. I recently attended my 40th class reunion and I must say looked younger than any of my classmates. I have to give credit to this fabulous product.

Cons

I was an Independent Distributor and got caught up in all the hype. The bottom line is I never made a dime. The compensation plan is the worst I have ever seen in any network marketing company. I literally lost thousands of dollars because if you don't meet their minimum requirements every month, you have to requalify, pay more money and I finally had to walk away. It was very discouraging and an expensive learning lesson.

Excellent company to work for...

Former Employee - Consultant in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Location. Excellent pay, excellent leadership, and excellent team members to work with...
    Everyone is so helpful and takes pride in what they do

Cons

Nothing really... there was hardly anytime when I could think that I do not like the company or the management for any reasons.
    For me, there was really no Cons to working with Nu Skin

You guys are doing a great job... Keep it up...
    2 thumbs up for you...

Good while it lasts

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company parties twice a year- one at lagoon, christmas gifts for every one, bonuses, free products

Cons

At the call center you are stuck on the phone at a computer all day. Management pretends to care but if you ever quit they will not hire you back even if you are courteous enough to give 2 weeks notice. I am not sure why. Maybe they need a new hiring manager.

Get a new hiring manager for the call center. The interview questions are rote and he doesn't act sincere at all. Also make sure you appreciate good employees who want to come back to work.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, great work/life balance, decent benefits. Worked in call center and now up in corporate in finance. Company is growing which also makes it a good place to work.

Cons

As mentioned in another review, because people tend to stay at Nu Skin career advancement can be limited. But when the opportunity does arise, it can be beneficial. Pay could be more competitive as well.

Great place to work...

Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Corporate executives seem to genuinely be concerned for employees, good balance between work and life, lots a small benefits add up to be meaningful, great co-workers, top performers get recognized, on-site fitness center, low employee turnover rate is evidence of Nu Skin being a great place to work

Cons

A lot of middle- and upper-management seem to travel a lot, MLM industry can be a negative for some, "merit increases" (annual raises) really just keep up with inflation for most people

Nu Skin Photos