NuOrbit Media Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014
1.0

CEO

Willing to Sell Your Soul?

Former Employee - Web Site/Graphics Designer  in  Seymour, IN
    Former Employee - Web Site/Graphics Designer in Seymour, IN

I worked at NuOrbit Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will eventually be let go so that you can go find a job with a company that actually values you. Otherwise the only good thing I can remember about working here was going out to lunch with my coworkers so we could blow off steam about the crappy owners.

Cons

There are so many...they are condescending, extremely critical, discouraging, unsupportive. They do not respect your life outside of work, consistently expecting you to work 3 hours or more overtime every single day. If they offer you a salary, go ahead and divide it by half to figure out your hourly worth, because you will be putting in 60 hours or more a week. If you have children, they will find a way to get rid of you, as having a child or any attachments takes time away that you could be working for them. If you are a female, don't bother applying. They will criticize you, put you down, and continually make you feel as if no matter how hard you try, you are not good enough. I was young and it was my first real design job, and that experience almost made me consider a different line of work! Thankfully my next job (and those since) have been 100x better and I have never ever been made to feel the way NuOrbit made me feel.

Close your business and stop perpetuating your negative, dismal, hateful work environment. No one deserves that.

Ready to sell your soul for a paycheck?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at NuOrbit Media as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The compensation was comparable to other businesses, not great but not bad
    The company has a good-sounding set of values

Cons

Do you enjoy working until 8 pm on most days?
    Are you an unmarried, childless male in his mid 20s to late 30s?
    Do you like to overcome being set up for failure?
    Are you a "Yes" man?
    Do you enjoy performing any duty except the position you were hired to?
    Are you a developer, regardless of the position you applied for?
    Do you like being talked down to about skills you were never given the opportunity to display?

If you said yes to a majority of the above, then you will LOVE working for NuOrbit Media!

If not, you should take heed to these reviews; they are frighteningly accurate. High turnover rate, late hours and frequent MANDATORY weekend work, ineffective "management" (a.k.a. the owners, not trained managers) who throw their own employees as well as one another under the bus, a team that does not embrace change or new talent, and much much more. Don't take the red pill.

I didn't listen, which was a mistake. They have turned their current long-term employees into soft, pliable clay figurines that stretch and bend to their ever-shifting expectations and goals. If you aren't willing to be broken down like that and turned into a worker bee for Queen and her drone, then you are the 90% who will be demeaned, personally attacked and thrown out.

If you, like many others before you, ignore the warnings, believe these snake oil salesmen, and are willing to sell your soul for a median-level salary doing work you weren't hired to do, then press "Submit" on that application!

Get some management; stop it with this "we're a new-wave company who doesn't have job titles". It doesn't work for you if you can't support your employees who act as management.

Don't set your employees up for failure or expect them to work overtime and weekends without proper compensation.

Terrible Working Experience

I worked at NuOrbit Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part is that I'm no longer there and I got my life back.

Cons

While I was fortunate enough to leave the company under my own terms, many others were not so fortunate. Every time a new employee was hired I would begin placing mental bets on how long they'd last. Usually they would be fired within a matter of weeks. For those of us that somehow managed to keep up with the demands, the hours were long and praise for your work happened about as frequently as the second coming of Jesus. Basically it felt like working in a sweatshop.

If you continue to go through employees like water, you're eventually going to run out of people who will be willing to work for you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a place to work

I worked at NuOrbit Media

Pros

As the others have commented, there are no Pros at this time other than not working there anymore.

Cons

I think the other two reviews are very accurate. I worked with this company for less than 5 weeks and in that time I have never experienced such a horrible work environment. I felt extremely uncomfortable and discriminated against for being a female in the office. There are also no clear directives or encouragement from management. They slowly stopped including me in group work and later told me that no one liked me, which was a surprise. Mind you this was around week 3, not much time to really prove yourself. I know many companies hire people with an understanding that they need to train, foster, and invest in someone. This takes more than a few weeks.

I have worked at many larger, well established, and prestigious places and I have never encountered these issues. Near the end they decided to attack my character which was disheartening as I had a great respect for their small company ideals. Unfortunately NuOrbit is a hostile work environment, disorganized, does not invest in employees, and will leave a bad taste in your mouth for ever working at a small company again. I also believe that they falsely advertised their work environment and company to me. I left a very good job in another city to work for them and it was disastrous from day 1. I was under the impression I would learn a lot, that they valued my time and life outside of work, and encouraged a group atmosphere. This wasn't the case. There is also no company handbook and since the founders own it, they make up their policies on the fly. Do not expect any fair resolutions, for them to honor their initial agreements, or to be treated like a respected member of the team.

By the end of my very short stay there, I attempted to work things out with the managers and prove that I could handle their ever changing (and unreachable) expectations. In the end they did let me go and I am forever thankful. I would not recommend working at a place where your manager attacks your character, ignores you, yells at you during meetings, throws your job description at you, or specifically says, "I like working with all males, I'm used to it."

As mentioned by someone else, it is probably a good thing that clients do not know the work environment that you foster.
    There is a level of respect and dignity you need to treat people with, regardless of whether you like them or not.

How Not to Run a Small Business

I worked at NuOrbit Media

Pros

At this time there are no pros to this company.

Cons

-Discrimination based on gender and race. -Leadership is lacking and muddled. -No handbook or guidelines as an employee, rules and policies change on the fly based on whether you are liked. - Hostile and exclusive environment. -Owners are not able to confront conflict in a mature way. -The time demands of working with this company do not balance with the compensation. -Not an environment for new comers. -Owners are unable to manage, encourage, and grow staff properly. -Extremely unprofessional management.

You have an opportunity to mentor, challenge, and inspire your employees, many who are young. The current environment doesn't work and that starts with the owners. When one owner is overpowering and demeaning to the other owner in meetings (in front of staff), it immediately sets the group environment on edge. Companies hire staff with an understanding that they are making a long term investment, which means the company also needs to invest their time, energy, patience, and clear expectations to their workers. Unfortunately this is not the case at NuOrbit and employees seem to be in a revolving door at this company. I suppose it is a positive thing that your clients are unable to see the type of treatment you have towards each other and to your staff.

A joke of a company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at NuOrbit Media

Pros

I don't work there anymore.

Cons

Horrid leadership; disorganized, hostile environment; leaders' inability to communicate expectations to team; leadership who blames their shortcommings on employees; no training or investment in employees future

Take responsibility for your business; any problems you have with your employees is a reflection of your leadership

Worked for NuOrbit Media? Contribute to the Community!