NuRock Management

Updated Dec 30, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sandra Hoskins

This is an outstanding experience

Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for more than a year

ProsNuRock has an excellent group of top notch professionals that create a "team" environment. They believe that their greatest strength is with the whole team and the weakest link is an employee that does no abide by the team effort. They make each person feel valued, and while that is certainly hard to achieve, they are always looking to bring the best out in people. They push people up, not put them down. While the work is hard in this competitive industry, it is great to be in an atmosphere that has a very positive nature.

ConsThe worst thing an employee can do is just not do their job or communicate with their immediate supervisor. This company wants comments and advice on how their properties are performing and what can be done to do a better job. As with any employer, there are some petty issues as it relates to policies, but we have been told that policies are in place for a reason. These are tried and true policies that make an employee's job easier and more productive if followed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training is intense, it might make sense to cross train more employees so that everyone can do each other's jobs when one is out sick.

If you have other options PLEASE TAKE THEM

Property Manager (Current Employee)
East Point, GA

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for less than a year

ProsThey hire you quickly! You do not need a brain

ConsThis by far is the worst company to work for, lets start ny saying it is family owned so you work really close with the owner who will love on you one minute and plot to fire you with no explanation. They allow one person to run the company who by the way has no idea how to run it, there are so many people stealing it is insane, and its coming from corporate. But they blame the managers and staff to cover up, the owner bases all of her decisions off of an emotional attachment to one person when I have witnessed that person lie to her on several occasions, You will never get delinquency down or occupancy up. They do not provide supplies or anything else. You are to sit in your seat and get yelled at all day by residents because they are upset at the conditions of their units. The units are beyond deplorable from the point of move in. They have been on the news for poor management. Anyone who gets special treatment from the owner has a red dot on their backs

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up you are being lied to by one person! Check your records someone is stealing from you and its not your workers

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company focuses on team building and achievable goals. It is a great environment to work and with a lot of great people. The company operates on a "centralized" philosophy, where the corporate office is the service provider for the onsite staff. This has been very helpful to my growth with the firm. I started as a leasing agent and was promoted after proving myself to assistant business manager. After mastering this skill, I was promoted as the Property Manager of a large community, and this has been a great point of pride for me. This is a high energy company.

ConsI don't really have any cons working for NuRock. They create a balanced work environment that is best described as encouraging and ambitious. This is a no nonsense company, meaning that when goals are mutually agreed upon between the employee and supervisor, it is expected that those goals be achieved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the training and positive spirit. Thanks for taking the time to care about my family and me on a personal level.

Property Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
Decatur, GA

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for more than a year

ProsThey hire you quick that's it

ConsVery bad management from the corporate office. The absolute worse case of micro managing I have ever experienced,

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner should not just trust what one person says, This is why the properties are falling apart.

Worked for NuRock Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NuRock Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NuRock Management CEO Sandra Hoskins. All reviews posted anonymously by NuRock Management employees.