NuRock Management Reviews

Updated June 19, 2014
Updated June 19, 2014

2.6

Sandra Hoskins

This is an outstanding experience

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

NuRock has an excellent group of top notch professionals that create a "team" environment. They believe that their greatest strength is with the whole team and the weakest link is an employee that does no abide by the team effort. They make each person feel valued, and while that is certainly hard to achieve, they are always looking to bring the best out in people. They push people up, not put them down. While the work is hard in this competitive industry, it is great to be in an atmosphere that has a very positive nature.

Cons

The worst thing an employee can do is just not do their job or communicate with their immediate supervisor. This company wants comments and advice on how their properties are performing and what can be done to do a better job. As with any employer, there are some petty issues as it relates to policies, but we have been told that policies are in place for a reason. These are tried and true policies that make an employee's job easier and more productive if followed.

The training is intense, it might make sense to cross train more employees so that everyone can do each other's jobs when one is out sick.

A Huge Mistake

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NuRock Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Two positives: My paycheck always cleared the bank. I met career long friends. Together we have networked and helped each other find other employment.

Cons

The company owners were verbally abusive and distrusting of everyone. It was difficult to keep employees, vendors and HUD satisfied based on the company's past and present way of conducting business. Property funds were comingled. Employee turnover was excessive. We were always being audited and offered no training.

Hire another management company to manage your assets to regain the respect of others in the industry.

If you have other options PLEASE TAKE THEM

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  East Point, GA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in East Point, GA

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hire you quickly! You do not need a brain

Cons

This by far is the worst company to work for, lets start ny saying it is family owned so you work really close with the owner who will love on you one minute and plot to fire you with no explanation. They allow one person to run the company who by the way has no idea how to run it, there are so many people stealing it is insane, and its coming from corporate. But they blame the managers and staff to cover up, the owner bases all of her decisions off of an emotional attachment to one person when I have witnessed that person lie to her on several occasions, You will never get delinquency down or occupancy up. They do not provide supplies or anything else. You are to sit in your seat and get yelled at all day by residents because they are upset at the conditions of their units. The units are beyond deplorable from the point of move in. They have been on the news for poor management. Anyone who gets special treatment from the owner has a red dot on their backs

Wake up you are being lied to by one person! Check your records someone is stealing from you and its not your workers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company focuses on team building and achievable goals. It is a great environment to work and with a lot of great people. The company operates on a "centralized" philosophy, where the corporate office is the service provider for the onsite staff. This has been very helpful to my growth with the firm. I started as a leasing agent and was promoted after proving myself to assistant business manager. After mastering this skill, I was promoted as the Property Manager of a large community, and this has been a great point of pride for me. This is a high energy company.

Cons

I don't really have any cons working for NuRock. They create a balanced work environment that is best described as encouraging and ambitious. This is a no nonsense company, meaning that when goals are mutually agreed upon between the employee and supervisor, it is expected that those goals be achieved.

Keep up the training and positive spirit. Thanks for taking the time to care about my family and me on a personal level.

Property Manager

Current Employee - Manager  in  Decatur, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Decatur, GA

I have been working at NuRock Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire you quick that's it

Cons

Very bad management from the corporate office. The absolute worse case of micro managing I have ever experienced,

The owner should not just trust what one person says, This is why the properties are falling apart.

Worked for NuRock Management? Contribute to the Community!