NuSil Technology

Richard Allen Compton

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

, High quality products,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Timely deliveries, Good Technical support, Employee owned.

Cons

This is a top down managed company with an identity problem. They are trying to change how they are viewed in the market place. It used to be they would find out what the market needs and manufacture it. That is a genuine Marketing company. Now it is more of a manufacturing company as apposed to the marketing company It produces products and looks for the market where they are being sold presently. The new marketing philosophy is hurting sales. The new distribution system is missing too much of existing business. They used to have that business tied up but is letting it go.

NuSil's model used to be "what is your challenge" and we will fix it. Now it is here are our products buy them. Presently they tell the sales staff. Sell more volumes even though we do not know who uses them or where they are located or needed or the keys about the customers needs.Usually the sales person only had one contact to the management , so if the manager did not agree with the sales persons idea that's where it stopped. A job is as secure as your bosses attitude.

cheap dont want to pay nothing

Former Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits are desent and payed holidays

Cons

.25 cent raises a year cant even pay for gas increase

pay better and employees will be happy

Your efforts are not going to be recognized by anybody at this company.

Former Employee - Chemical Engineer in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Chemical Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate location is in a very beautiful area by the ocean.

Cons

Very poor management and basically management is biased towards new ideas. Engineering department lacks skills in collaborating with other departments.
    Overall, very uptight culture. The pay is extremely below the standard.

Treat employees not as a article but as a person and increase pay scale at least close to market standard. Be open to diverse culture and employees from different backgrounds.

Great People, Not So Great Pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some really cool people at Nusil. While I was there I lucked out and landed in a relatively chill department. We got to work on our projects without the micro-managing and spying from some of the managers there. Most of the people I worked with were relaxed and there was very little politics in the department. My supervisor was totally professional and understanding. I really enjoyed the work environment. But like I mentioned, I got lucky.

Cons

Some of the managers are pushy and demanding. Some departments are rife with politics and spying. But most importantly, the pay wasn't very good.

Managers: you've heard this many times before so I know I'm not the first. You're quite greedy while you starve your employees. Every year your bonuses get heftier while they shrink for the rest of your staff. And the raises you give employees who stick around are almost insulting. This is quite strange behavior for a company that's supposedly doing very well and expanding operations. Managers also ought to stop encouraging the politics, spying and back-biting that are turning your departments into productivity black holes. It's all about balance, and a little positive re-enforcement could go a long way to bolster morale and boost performance. All in all, though, management isn't atrocious, but they have a long ways to go.

Chaos in work, bad management! Better not work at here!

Former Employee - Chemist in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

as long as you know how to do their political games

Cons

totally no respect! Layoff good people, keep their political groups keep going.

layoff the managers!

Good company for a steady job

Current Employee - Buyer in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at NuSil Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable company with good benefits, The company is starting to open up to change in order to grow and become more competitive.

Cons

The pay scale is well below where it should be for this type of business and where the business wants to go in the future. The ability to attract and keep qualified people.

Offer a competitive salary to get and retain quality employees.