NuSil Technology Reviews

3.4
Richard Allen Compton

1. A True World Leader

I have been working at NuSil Technology full-time

Pros

Small company environment means high visibility for individual contributors and the ability to enact change. A true world leader in speciality silicones. Recent changes in executive leadership viewed as favorable by most employees. Great place to grow and seize opportunity.

Cons

Pay/benefits could use some benchmarking. Beautiful main campus but high cost of living. Many great initiatives at all levels of the company but need to focus on prioritizing and actually completing some of these projects.

Advice to Management

The company is clearly in good hands. Continue to push forward and remain focused on our mission and vision. Love the frequent communications to and with the organization.

2. Sr Project Coordinator

Current Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at NuSil Technology (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovative company, great people, great ideas

Cons

Very heavy workloads, pay does not match the talent or output of the employees. Ability and experience is overlooked for degrees.

Advice to Management

Revisit compensation packages

3. Technologist

Former Employee - Technologist in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Technologist in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

small company, great people, good technology

Cons

low pay and high cost of benefits (for CA)

Representative

Current Employee - Representative in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Representative in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

Nice co-workers, initially very welcoming.

Cons

Poor pay- after 4 years with outstanding reviews- I've gone from 13.42 to 14.90 an hour. 25 cent raises, promised bonuses deferred year after year, customers angry because the can never reach sales or technical support in the first call.

Advice to Management

I am resigning to take a better paying position AT WALMART!!! When your employees are going to Walmart to improve their pay, something is wrong. What will you do when the minimum wage goes up to $15???? Join the real world. Read a newspaper. Good luck to the new CEO, you seem like a smart & kind man. Please fix this for the coworkers I leave behind.

Come for the growth, leave for better $

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at NuSil Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy place to be part of change and make a difference. You can add a lot to your resume in a short period of time and turn yourself into a marketable weapon.

Cons

The salary is terrible. If you make it to higher pay brackets, you may be offered equity sharing, but this only applies to ~10% of the company. Everyone else slaves on in poverty.

Advice to Management

You say you want to be an "employer of choice" but you don't specify for whom. The base salaries are too low to attract and keep top performers, other than the small handful of people who don't know what they are worth, or have other things tying them to the job or the area. Ditch the antiquated and ineffective view on pay and look to better companies as a model. Ultimately, the mediocre pay will generate a mediocre workforce and mediocre results. Why do you think we have to spend so much time and resource digging ourselves out of the operational hole that we are in now?

7. cheap dont want to pay nothing

Former Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits are desent and payed holidays

Cons

.25 cent raises a year cant even pay for gas increase

Advice to Management

pay better and employees will be happy

8. Your efforts are not going to be recognized by anybody at this company.

Former Employee - Chemical Engineer in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Chemical Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate location is in a very beautiful area by the ocean.

Cons

Very poor management and basically management is biased towards new ideas. Engineering department lacks skills in collaborating with other departments. Overall, very uptight culture. The pay is extremely below the standard.

Advice to Management

Treat employees not as a article but as a person and increase pay scale at least close to market standard. Be open to diverse culture and employees from different backgrounds.

9. , High quality products,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Timely deliveries, Good Technical support, Employee owned.

Cons

This is a top down managed company with an identity problem. They are trying to change how they are viewed in the market place. It used to be they would find out what the market needs and manufacture it. That is a genuine Marketing company. Now it is more of a manufacturing company as apposed to the marketing company It produces products and looks for the market where they are being sold presently. The new marketing philosophy is hurting sales. The new distribution system is missing too much of existing business. They used to have that business tied up but is letting it go.

Advice to Management

NuSil's model used to be "what is your challenge" and we will fix it. Now it is here are our products buy them. Presently they tell the sales staff. Sell more volumes even though we do not know who uses them or where they are located or needed or the keys about the customers needs.Usually the sales person only had one contact to the management , so if the manager did not agree with the sales persons idea that's where it stopped. A job is as secure as your bosses attitude.

Great People, Not So Great Pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really cool people at Nusil. While I was there I lucked out and landed in a relatively chill department. We got to work on our projects without the micro-managing and spying from some of the managers there. Most of the people I worked with were relaxed and there was very little politics in the department. My supervisor was totally professional and understanding. I really enjoyed the work environment. But like I mentioned, I got lucky.

Cons

Some of the managers are pushy and demanding. Some departments are rife with politics and spying. But most importantly, the pay wasn't very good.

Advice to Management

Managers: you've heard this many times before so I know I'm not the first. You're quite greedy while you starve your employees. Every year your bonuses get heftier while they shrink for the rest of your staff. And the raises you give employees who stick around are almost insulting. This is quite strange behavior for a company that's supposedly doing very well and expanding operations. Managers also ought to stop encouraging the politics, spying and back-biting that are turning your departments into productivity black holes. It's all about balance, and a little positive re-enforcement could go a long way to bolster morale and boost performance. All in all, though, management isn't atrocious, but they have a long ways to go.

Chaos in work, bad management! Better not work at here!

Former Employee - Chemist in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at NuSil Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

as long as you know how to do their political games

Cons

totally no respect! Layoff good people, keep their political groups keep going.

Advice to Management

layoff the managers!

RSS Feed </> Embed