NuSil Technology

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

, High quality products,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

Timely deliveries, Good Technical support, Employee owned.

Cons

This is a top down managed company with an identity problem. They are trying to change how they are viewed in the market place. It used to be they would find out what the market needs and manufacture it. That is a genuine Marketing company. Now it is more of a manufacturing company as apposed to the marketing company It produces products and looks for the market where they are being sold presently. The new marketing philosophy is hurting sales. The new distribution system is missing too much of existing business. They used to have that business tied up but is letting it go.

NuSil's model used to be "what is your challenge" and we will fix it. Now it is here are our products buy them. Presently they tell the sales staff. Sell more volumes even though we do not know who uses them or where they are located or needed or the keys about the customers needs.Usually the sales person only had one contact to the management , so if the manager did not agree with the sales persons idea that's where it stopped. A job is as secure as your bosses attitude.

Great People, Not So Great Pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

There are some really cool people at Nusil. While I was there I lucked out and landed in a relatively chill department. We got to work on our projects without the micro-managing and spying from some of the managers there. Most of the people I worked with were relaxed and there was very little politics in the department. My supervisor was totally professional and understanding. I really enjoyed the work environment. But like I mentioned, I got lucky.

Cons

Some of the managers are pushy and demanding. Some departments are rife with politics and spying. But most importantly, the pay wasn't very good.

Managers: you've heard this many times before so I know I'm not the first. You're quite greedy while you starve your employees. Every year your bonuses get heftier while they shrink for the rest of your staff. And the raises you give employees who stick around are almost insulting. This is quite strange behavior for a company that's supposedly doing very well and expanding operations. Managers also ought to stop encouraging the politics, spying and back-biting that are turning your departments into productivity black holes. It's all about balance, and a little positive re-enforcement could go a long way to bolster morale and boost performance. All in all, though, management isn't atrocious, but they have a long ways to go.

Chaos in work, bad management! Better not work at here!

Former Employee - Chemist  in  Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

as long as you know how to do their political games

Cons

totally no respect! Layoff good people, keep their political groups keep going.

layoff the managers!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company for a steady job

Current Employee - Buyer  in  Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

Stable company with good benefits, The company is starting to open up to change in order to grow and become more competitive.

Cons

The pay scale is well below where it should be for this type of business and where the business wants to go in the future. The ability to attract and keep qualified people.

Offer a competitive salary to get and retain quality employees.

Worked for NuSil Technology? Contribute to the Community!