Nuance Reviews

Reset

1. Great team, great company

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have a terrific team on the implementation side of the Healthcare division. I work as a project manager with some very helpful team members. Always improving the software where we can to accommodate the clients and make their jobs easier,user testing and feedback always encouraged.

Cons

Better pay/pay scale for transcription team would help us to retain more MTs, increase their quality as well. I feel compensation is where Nuance is lacking at this time.

Advice to Management

Better pay/pay scale for those employees who are doing an outstanding job!

2. Changing the world one word at a time

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top 1 or 2 provider in almost every product line; deep bench of expertise and experience; strong relationships with clients

Cons

Name recognition not what it should be given market leading position; transition to SaaS bumpy

Advice to Management

Continue to present a clear and succinct vision of the role of our technology in the future of customer experience, and then let the employees take us there.

3. Not a great place to work, particularly not in the Belgium office

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some(!) kind people, some good technology, opportunity to work with top tech firms and learn a lot on the job

Cons

Not a great atmosphere, terrible infrastructure, upper management REALLY needs to reevaluate some things here

Advice to Management

The ambiance in the Belgian office is terrible.

5. Emdat R&D Dept.

Current Employee - Emdat R&D Quality Analyst in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Emdat R&D Quality Analyst in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teamwork at the Emdat location. Excellent upper management with clear road map of projects and respectful communication. Fun work environment with great coworkers.

Cons

Little to no room for advancement with little to no increase in pay. Uncertain about future of my department and concern about longevity or current location. Basically I am not sure if I will have a job in a year or two.

Advice to Management

Need to pay the good employees at least the minim wage for the position that we work. Need to reassure everyone that they will be taken care of if the bottom drops out.

6. Real review, not from HR...

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, great people to work with, stable outlook, great technology. Bottom line I'm happy here.

Cons

Medical coverage is mediocre

Advice to Management

Please, please, be reasonable in your compensations...

Too Many Managers, Not Enough Talent

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It feels like it's almost impossible to get fired even though it's general knowledge that certain people are extremely lazy and incompetent. People wait around to get laid off.

Cons

The talented workers always leave, so the quality of the product suffers. There are more managers than workers who actually design, build, and test the product. Managers are way overpaid it makes me sick. I always have to work while on vacation because my manager can't do my job.

Advice to Management

Hire more engineers and designers. Layoff managers who don't produce anything. They get in the way of actually doing work.

8. Quality Completion Editor

Current Employee - Quality Completion Editor
    Current Employee - Quality Completion Editor

I have been working at Nuance

Pros

Work from the comfort of my home. No driving. No office politics. Able to avoid face to face contact with people I really don't like.

Cons

Company changed QCEs from hourly pay to production. It is difficult to complete editing of difficult dictators and fill in blanks totaling in extreme of 50 or more and make a decent living on production. This business is no longer profitable to the transcriptionist or the quality editor. Most are looking for steady, dependable waged jobs. Looks like WalMart will see a large number of applicants who used to work for Nuance.

Advice to Management

Value the people who impacts your bottom line. The CEO makes millions of dollars a year and it is because of the people who do all the hard work.

Sales Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best people that I've ever worked with, and overall not bad compensation. The problem is the management.

Cons

No work life balance whatsoever, and it all starts at the top. Expect to work around the clock, and at times, that won't be good enough. Not enough internal communications as to new products and to adequate prepare to sell those products. Too many acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Badly need a new CEO to set the ship right.

10. Nuance Communications

I have been working at Nuance

Pros

In the role I have, there is a great deal of flexibility in working from home. This was extremely helpful, especially given the long winter we just had.

Cons

There are other departments that have no work/life balance.

The experience speaks for itself

Former Employee - QC Editor
    Former Employee - QC Editor

I worked at Nuance

Pros

Working at home. That's about it. If i could give it less than 1, I would.

Cons

Their company motto of "the experience speaks for itself" is absolutely true. I have worked there since Webmedx got swallowed by them. I was in QC. It was a good job all the years I was doing QC until Nuance came along. They took down our PTO, they took away weekends, then finally they put us on production with an impossible grid. The MTs had already been on this grid for some time and nobody can make over minimum wage. They make it completely impossible. They ruin lives, they smother your confidence, they make everything more difficult than it has to be. Whoever runs this company is doing a horrid job of it. They do so many stupid repetitive things that make no sense. They implement new things, make everyone learn it, and then they decide its not necessary. The stress of working here is definitely not worth it. The grid is impossible to make any money. They expected us to suddenly do twice the work for half the pay. We in QC got dinged just like the MTs for any errors that they did not catch and one small tiny error in a short report is enough to bring you down to where you are off grid. They dont care about anything any employee says or anything we think. Worst company i have ever worked for EVER.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO and hire me to take over. There is no way i could do any worse.

RSS Feed </> Embed