Nuance Transcription Services

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
1.5

CEO

Pros
  • The only good thing and the only reason I am still here is being able to work from home (in 41 reviews)

• I wish I could think of one pro for this organization, but there are really no pros to working for this company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There are plenty of places people can go make minimum wage for a lot less aggravation (in 10 reviews)

• Less than minimum wage pay, lack of support, high stress, nobody cares about you (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Too big to care

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Language Editor  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Language Editor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Large company with benefits, training programs

Cons

Easy to get lost - and hard to keep supervisors, peers - high turnover

Keep in touch with your people as individuals - don't lose track of your people as if they were numbers

Empty promises

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services

Pros

If I could think of one, I would add it.

Cons

Too many to list. Promotions and new responsibilities with no salary increase.

Currently MLS for Nuance Transcription Services

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist  in  Shelbyville, IN
    Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Shelbyville, IN

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I believe this is one of the best at home transcription companies I have worked for. I have yet to run out of work with an extremely rare exception, which was only when I had not acquired as secondary account yet. Since then, have nad no lack of work. All my supervisers and QC Staff have been available to help at any given moment. I enjoy being able to communicate with other staff via IM so we can have questions answered before sending reports. Even though requirements are high for accuracy, with the help of QA and QC, have had little trouble meeting the 99% accuracy standards.

Cons

The Apex platform is a rather slow, bare-bones platform to work on, with few shortcuts for increasing productivity. This is really the only problem I have experienced with the accounts I have worked on. Management and QA/QC have been more than available any time I need help.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

terrible

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay you min wage if you dont make enough.

Cons

everything. The Qa's are crazy and make up errors

With the exception of working from home, I can not find on single positive thing about this company

Current Employee - MLS
    Current Employee - MLS

Pros

This is a work from home occupation.

Cons

Absolutely everything. They have a very bad on-boarding training system, they have terrible systems to work with, they have supervisors who really do not care about anything except production. Also, they hound you about everything from quality to production. Their answer to everything is to place you in their CARE team for help. They are oblivious! They offered me suggestions which made things worse for me than anything I could have done to help myself. Most of my suggestions from the CARE team were directly in contrast to what my supervisor wanted from me.

Take time to talk to people in the field, especially those who have been placed in the care team. Scrap the system you have. I had to dumb-down my home computer just to work for you.

Run, do not look back, believe none of what they say.

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits! What benefits? Work-life balance, if you had, it won't exist with this company.
    Think you are going to get above minimum wage? Forget that pipe dream. You'll be luck to clear poverty level.

Cons

Hired via lies and misrepresentations i.e. no out-sourcing, a joke in itself.
    Semi-sweat shop pay and work load.
    Poor people skills in management.

Take off your rose colored glasses, grab a shovel and jump in the trench with those that slave for your extravagance.

Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated, terrible

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time

Pros

There is always work on my account.

Cons

While there is always work on my account, the work is not good work. Line counts are low and dictations are time consuming, thus pay is low. There are no raises. Expected to do a lot of work with no compensation.

How about offer your loyal employees more money instead of offering incoming employees a sign on bonus. Pay raises and incentives would be nice. Accounts with difficult speakers and difficult specs should be paid at a higher rate. Appreciate your employees and don't treat them like they don't matter.

Could not care less about their employees

Current Employee - MLS  in  Northwood, NH
    Current Employee - MLS in Northwood, NH

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work at home. That's it. There are no other pros for this company. Loved this job before Nuance bought the company I had worked for for over 10 years.

Cons

Too many to list. The last year before Nuance took over the company I worked for I made $40,000. Now I am around $15,000 and doing just as much work. No chance for raises. After all, if you want to make more money, you can just do more work! Constantly changing chain of command because they over work and under pay the Team Leaders. They burn out faster than the MLS. I was full time, but just changed to progressive part time and making the same money.

Bring the business back to the United States. Start caring about the people who actually do the work and are barely getting by. Getting Minimum Wage adjustments is just wrong. We should be paid what we are worth. You wouldn't be making million dollar salaries without us. Expected to work holidays for minuscule incentives, which doesn't make up for not having any work on a holiday is just wrong. Never a thank you from upper management. Not even a Christmas card.

No regard for transcriptionists or their skills

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Like other reviews have noted, only pro I can think of is working from home.

Cons

Low work volume; overstaffing on accounts. Routinely expected to "flex" your schedule when there is no work. Terrible China-based QA staff with reviews done through FIESA virtually ensuring impossibility of attaining QA bonus. Poor benefits, both insurance and PTO.

I read review by one of your programmers who listed annual salary increases as one of the pros of the job. I also found another site indicating salary ranges for your administrative and IT personnel. These seem to be in quite contrast to compensation and benefits for your MLS staff that continue to back slide and back slide. We are the "grunts on the ground" and receive no recognition or compensation for the work we do.

It's been a good experience and have had lucky wonderful supervisor

Current Employee - MLS/QC  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - MLS/QC in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Getting to work at home

Cons

needing to know a lot of technical terminology

Take into account the hard work this job requires and provide raises or attainable bonuses

Worked for Nuance Transcription Services? Contribute to the Community!