Nuance Transcription Services

Global service Desk group lead

Current Employee - Global Service Desk Group Lead in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Global Service Desk Group Lead in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services

Pros

Great environment people are very friendly. company is well establish.. great benefits.. it was a pleasure to work with everyone.

Cons

Lots of changes with the department structure

Advice to Management

Keep the employees that care about results and want to make a difference

down right thievery

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services

Pros

There aren't any outside of working at home.

Cons

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT APPLY HERE! They are NOT honest when describing how much money you CAN make. It's all about how much money you can make them. They talk it all up and make it sound wonderful and then make it impossible to achieve. The pay scale is now altered to where you CANNOT make a decent living. Been doing this type of work for 20 years and I make less now an hour than I did back then. Once you get the hang of a hospital or new doctor and feel like now is the opportunity to start increasing your pay they change it all up, whether it be taking away a hospital and giving you a new one, giving you specialties you have no experience in (and don't give training) or giving you a new TSM who "doesn't do those hospitals" you currently do so you start all over with new ones. It's a control thing people, their goal is to keep us in that lower bracket of pay so they can pocket more money. It's not like when your pay drops they charge the hospital less, nope, goes right into their pockets.

Advice to Management

Stop kissing hospital and doctor butts and hold them accountable for some of this garbage they send through. They aren't GODS stop treating them as such. There are WT codes for a reason, dr codes for a reason. They should be penalized when they aren't using them. Stop making us do their job. We should have to spend 2 minutes trying to figure out who they are and where their work goes! They shouldn't just get to memorize one WT and all jobs go under that because they are too damn lazy to put it remember the correct one.

I think it is total BS that a newbie to the company is going to make the same thing as someone who has been here for years or who was grandfathered in when other companies were bought out. You should be thankful for those that stuck by you through all these changes instead of trying to find new ways to screw them out of their pay.

Ridiculous

Current Employee - MTS2
    Current Employee - MTS2

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services

Pros

No pros whatsoever; they are out to employ "slave labor."

Cons

Spent several hours (wasting my time actually) doing their last year. First, they provided me with exceptionally LONG dictations by dictators through Express Scribe which were HORRIBLE SOUND FILES. Secondly, the dictators were SO BAD, they could have come from Saturn or Mars! Thirdly, the second EXTREMELY LONG report they gave me already had the previously transcribed report by another applicant! I obviously "flunked" their BS testing, even when I told them about another person's transcription showing up! I have done MT work for 25 years and am excellent at what I do and they think they can tell me that I don't pass? I wouldn't work for that company if it were the LAST COMPANY on earth and would take a job at Walmart first! They are nothing but a bunch of idiots who don't know "diddly-squat."

Advice to Management

Get out of the business you bunch of greedy, lying, stupid morons!

Descent into hell

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services

Pros

Correctly categorizes MTs as employees and offers benefits

Cons

Everything else. If Nuance could figure out a way to make us pay them, they would. CEO has made list of top 10 worst CEOs in America and yet receives an obscene level of compensation while he pays MTs almost nothing. Company cares nothing about quality.

Advice to Management

Replace CEO. Replace upper management in charge of transcription services. Bring in people who have a clue how to cultivate and retain quality employees.

6. Good experience with Nuance

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly and helpful, easy platform to work on, really good accounts.

Cons

Production pay is low. Outsource work overseas which drives our pay lower.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing and pay the people, who make the company money, what they are worth.

Constant management changes and styles.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of new things to learn, hourly pay is good, coworkers are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Keeping up with the different management styles and changes in process can be difficult. Lack of advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communicate better and have more consistency in long-term initiatives and goals.

WORST COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR!!!

Current Employee - MLS

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good training for newbies - nothing else

Cons

I have been an MT for over 20 years and by far, this is the worst company I ever worked for! My pay has been cut 3 times since they took over Webx. From 2013 to 2014 my annual salary dropped $9,000, and their "exciting" new Patient Compensation Plan is a joke!! What company do you know that their employees have to have a spreadsheet to figure out their pay and it not being the same every week or at least in the vicinity, you can't even budget for anything! This company is forcing me to take early retirement (next year), just to get away from them and so I can at least pay my bills. I figured I will make more collecting Social Security than working here.

As far as the benefits - Another joke. For a single person there is a $2500 deductible before the insurance will cover anything and with that, they only cover 80% so the rest is out of pocket making $10-12 an hour - YOU WILL NEVER MAKE MORE THAN THAT!!! I have stopped going to the doctor because I cannot pay the out of pocket expenses. I still have medical bills from 2014 that are still unpaid because after living expenses, I don't have the money. I have had to move in with my boyfriend because I can't even afford to live by myself. I have no credit cards or anything and it is just scraping by with this company to maintain basic needs - food and shelter (who has money to buy clothes?).

This company SUCKS big time. DO NOT APPLY HERE unless you want to be living under a bridge in a cardboard box collecting food stamps!

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND STOP WITH THE CUTESY CATCH PHRASES - "exciting", "transparent". These words are only exciting to you because it's another way to say - we are going to put more money in our pockets and take away from yours. "Transparent"? To who? 7 pages an a spreadsheet to explain our pay?

I am actively looking for another job or early retirement - whichever comes first!! (I wish I could rate Senior Mgmt and compensation lower than 1 star!!)

Poor production pay

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working from home.

Cons

I started out as an MLT at another company in 2008 that got bought out by Transcend in the beginning of 2013. Was doing okay at the former company, then rate per line went down for editing and straight transcription at Nuance with "incentive bonuses" which were a joke. My paychecks went down for the same amount of work. I asked for a raise and was told "everyone makes the same per line." So that means a new person with no experience makes the same per line as a person with several years of experience? Now they added a "patient safety compensation" plan with a complicated chart where your wages are figured out every week based on lines per hour, QC use/abuse, and QA which has to be 99% or above. The system is punitive. If someone asked me what I made I couldn't tell them because it changed every week. They expect a lot but are not willing to compensate fairly. Do not apply to this company, run the other way.

Advice to Management

Compensate transcriptionists fairly for the work they do. Give real incentives and raises periodically as deserved for work well done, not incentive program which is punitive and unfair.

Terrible terrible worst job ever

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist

Pros

NO pros at all. DO NOT WORK HERE! Run the other way!!! I cannot think of one good thing about this company, especially since they changed their "pay scale"

Cons

This company has just gotten too big for it's britches. It doesn't care about it's employees at all. I have been so stressed that I can't even think and then I am expected to get 99% quality?! WHAT A JOKE...

Advice to Management

Get a clue!!!!!

I agree to being tossed out like trash after 4 years.

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Loves Park, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Loves Park, IL

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits - if you could afford them.

Cons

I was given multiple accounts (11 at one particular period of time), then getting in trouble for not producing quota. Give me just 2 or 3 accounts and then I can do it. I had many different "Team Leads" during my time. I was told when I started 65% ESL. I had 90% ESL, not meeting quota.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what the Team Leads are doing and the Supervisors as well.