Nuance Transcription Services

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

1.6

CEO

Pros
  • The only good thing and the only reason I am still here is being able to work from home (in 41 reviews)

• I wish I could think of one pro for this organization, but there are really no pros to working for this company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There are plenty of places people can go make minimum wage for a lot less aggravation (in 10 reviews)

• Less than minimum wage pay, lack of support, high stress, nobody cares about you (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Sweatshop

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Only good thing is you can work at home.

Cons

Micromanaging. Running out of work. Nitpicking on "errors." Having to find your own Admissions/discharges/transfers of patients (if you are lucky enough to have the dictator pronounce name correctly). EXTREMELY low wages. Must beg for time off. "Advised" to use PTO when you run out of work, leaving you no actual vacation time. This company just overall is terrible and I would advise NO transcriptionist to work for this company.

Start valuing your employees. Pay a livable wage. Do not overhire. .

Awful!

Current Employee - MLS

Pros

I am able to work from home.

Cons

Poor pay, poor communication, out of work a lot, not asked about new accounts, just thrown on them.

Pay a livable wage for the US. We hear all this noise about how important we are yet we are micromanaged to the teeth, paid little, have poor drafts, no backup for the transcriptionist as far as bad drafts, poor doctors, etc. Show more appreciation for the people who are making your money.

Pay is poor - will eventually be on food stamps and lose your home!

Current Employee - MLS

Pros

I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend anyone to work for this company. Only pro is you get paid on time.

Cons

Poor management, no chance for raise, does not recognize experienced MTs versus newbies. Cut salary of long term MTs (25 to 30 years in the field) to entry level positions

Recognize your execllent MLS with years of experience and pay them for the perfection and skills you so desire to make yourself look good to the companies you are tryijng to recruit!! You claim you "value" your employees? Well, SHOW THEM and STOP penalizing them financially for every nonpatient care error they make!!! Your idea of "value" is some employees are getting food stamps because you won't pay them more than $10-12 an hour. YOU TRY LIVING ON $17.000 a year!! If you paid a living wage, you would't have to send out Emails about your Ambassador Program to try to get people to work for you. I myself have managed to stop at least 5 people from coming to this company and they are passing the word on to their friends. I'm going to retire early because of this company - I can make more money collecting Social Security!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Medical transcriptionist

Pros

Employes are able to work their from homes.

Cons

The salary for many is insufficient to live in the USA and maintain a roof over their heads.

The insurance deductibles are very high and the benefits are poor.

Increase the benefit packages. Increase the salaries and provide enough work for employees to make a decent living.

Disclose statistics of actual longterm earnings to perspective employees who are acquired as a result of mergers or acquisitions from hospital contracts when employment packages are presented.

Horrific

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist

Pros

Working from home. That is it.

Cons

Not sure where to start. Fiesa is awful. Hard to comprehend, nitpicking over every TINY little thing which makes scores go down. They CONSTANTLY check on you. God forbid you have to check out for a little bit, the TSM will be all over you.

STOP OUTSOURCING AND GIVE THE JOBS TO AMERICANS YOU IDIOT P.O.S's!!!!

Tyrranical company to work for

Former Employee - MLS
    Former Employee - MLS

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Basically minimum wage for high-tech skills.

Management should care about employee concerns but I don't see it.

I have worked at Nuance for 8 years

Pros

There used to be a lot of good reasons to work at Nuance - Now I can honestly think of none.

Cons

Since taking away our holiday pay, any future raises, and cutting our PTO in half, this company has taken micromanaging to a level I have never seen. They have now upped the required lines, quality percentage to maintain and informed us that we must work 100% within the hours we are scheduled for (which takes away much of the purpose of being an at-home employee). Then, on top of telling us we must work 100% within those hours, if the system goes down, you have sat at your desk for over an hour waiting for it to come back up and at the end of that time when they realize it isn't going to.... they tell you that you are no longer being paid for downtime (meaning they just took an hour and a half of your time and are not paying you for it!! I see the Labor Board in this company's future.

I don't know when you decided to become so greedy, but it is sad. I used to feel Nuance was a wonderful place to work and now it has become the job from Hell (as I sit here typing this while on my break - working on a holiday because I no longer have any of those off paid... and.... I am receiving a whole time and a quarter for working today!) None of your employees are ever going to feel valued or want to give you 100%... when they are constantly having their benefits changed for the worse or completely taken away and then on top of that, the bar that they have to meet just to keep their crappy job keeps getting raised. Where is the incentive to want to do a great job and become a better employee? Where is the incentive to do be at a 99.75% accuracy level to further line your pockets? I have over 30 years experience in the medical field and never, have I ever, worked at a more greedy, upper management self serving company. They do not hesitate to tell your how much money the company is making, all the while taking your benefits away because they can't afford it....what a joke.

Ok company but doesn't really care about their employees or doing a quality job.

Pros

Lots of work available. Large company. Seems very promising.

Cons

The majority of their mt's come from third world countries where workers are educated somewhat but English is not their first language. Because of this they don't have a grasp of idioms or slang of any sort. Nuance doesn't assign a team to a particular doctor or clinic so no one ever works on one doctor long enough to learn his/her accent, frequent sayings, local idioms or drugstore names, etc. Nuances quality control just sucks. The things that get by and become part of a patients record are just shocking. And the physicians allow it by not following up and making sure everything is correct.

Also, because most of their MT staff comes from outside the US, they can pay them dirt cheap. This hurts the US MT's because now Nuance, and all the other transcription agencies, don't want to pay a decent wage to US MT's because they can get labor MUCH MUCH cheaper by hiring in third world countries. Since the physicians aren't putting their foot down and demanding better quality in transcription, all these transcription companies hire the majority of their mt staff from outside the US.

Pay the US MT's a decent wage that they can live on. Support Americans. It seems like no one cares anymore that if all the jobs are being given to people outside the US, then how can people inside the US make a living and support themselves and support the US economy?

PLEASE, If you are an MLS, post at Nuance's corporate site, not this one based in Sunnyvale, CA???

Pros

There is another site where the real Nuance corporate has reviews. PLEASE, PLEASE post there. They have almost a 4 star rating!

Cons

The reviews are amazing to read about how good the pay is, great benefits, wonderful time off, fun things happening, etc. It will give you a real feel of what you are worth to them.

It would not help because they never respond, listen, or care.

These people are NOT employee friendly!!

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

If I could have accessed their system and been able to work, I would have been an asset to them.

Cons

I had computer access problems and resigned, in spite of mediocre IT help so I wouldn't hold up production and turnaround. Once I established a good connection, they denied me re-hire because I didn't work the last two weeks of my notice.

What part of "I couldn't access your system" do you NOT understand? You're not going to re-hire me because of a problem I could not control, that your IT people could not fix? Nuance didn't even offer to ship out another computer to me. It would have been a win/win situation and my abilities as a veteran nearly 20 year transcriptionist would have been an asset to Nuance. Nuance is the BIG loser here!!!!!

Worked for Nuance Transcription Services? Contribute to the Community!