Nuffield Hospitals Reviews

Friendly, supportive environment

Current Employee - Staff Nurse
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse

I have been working at Nuffield Hospitals part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is a fabulous team who work very well together across all departments. Equipment is usually available when required. There is a general feeling of patient satisfaction, and positive comments. The canteen food is great and shifts are fairly done.

Cons

Less access to formal accredited training than NHS counterparts. Hospital in need of redecoration in places.

Consider spending more budget on staff training, e.g nurses topping up to degree etc.

Lifeguard at Nuffield Health & Fitness

Former Employee - Lifeguard  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in London, England (UK)

I worked at Nuffield Hospitals part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally nice people, reasonably flexible on hours. I assume a degree of rule bending goes on everywhere, so perhaps its not so bad really. Generally nice facilities

Cons

Poor organisation, frequent failure to adhere to regulations on breaks for lifeguards. Part time staff made to feel constantly on their 'final chance' although they always struggled to replace people who left. Very poor maintenance of facilities, everything is a 'bodge job'. I always felt bad for people who paid the membership fees. Depressingly low morale - if you were openly polite, helpful or engaging with customers other staff found it weird.

This could be so much better - don't make lifeguards reliant on gym staff. They don't want to/know how to help or do the responsibilities you give them to do with the pool so please train the DMs as well. The DMs and higher are totally complacent so get them in line, and they will stop lower level staff loafing about. Stop the cleaners smoking inside - what a stupid problem to have! High quality facilities quickly depreciating due to lack of care. This refers to the sports club not the hospitals, I'm sure they are very different.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - RMO  in  Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - RMO in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Nuffield Hospitals as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Was an excellent opportunity to experience work in the private sector. Colleagues and management staff were very friendly. RMOs were treated well, and looked after considering 24 hours shifts. There is also a generous study budget. Rotas and holidays were simple to arrange. There were good stock of clinical equipments and availability on the ward. WIFI, foot and Coffee machines were great!

Cons

Protocols for some clinical situations were not always that clear. Also lack of training for RMOs.

I conducted an international charity art auction event at the Nuffield Brighton, but was disappointed that promotion team did not make the most of this to promote the Nuffield. Senior staff and management did not show up at the event despite having the head of organ donation UK and the Mayor of Brighton & Hove as our guests of Honour. Although i am very grateful for the generosity of the Nuffield for letting us hire the reception for the event. I would recommend management to make use of the social media to promote the hospitals.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Former Employee - Fitness Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Fitness Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Nuffield Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training and leadership development is superb - never enough but you can't fault the effort the company puts in. The vision of Nuffield is ground breaking. The board of Nuffield has some good people , particularly the longer serving ones, they believe in people and why it's important to develop and retain them.

Cons

Sometimes overdoes the drive for profit at the expense of its people.

Invest more in people - Nuffield is unique and as a charity should invest in its people

Big company mentality

I have been working at Nuffield Hospitals as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Left to get on with your job as long as you stay out of the focus.

Cons

No opportunity to further your career. Good work is not rewarded. Effort is not appreciated

Look after your staff, especially those at the bottom who are too worried about losing their jobs to complain

Blade Runner were acquired by the non-profit organisation Nuffield Health in November 2010.

I worked at Nuffield Hospitals

Pros

The company looked after its employers well and provided opportunities to foster strong relations between other employees through various socials. Working part time I was afforded flexibility in terms of work schedule.

Cons

The club I worked at (most likely not representative) had very limited scope for promotion.

a good place to work if you want to work in the leisure industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

I worked at Nuffield Hospitals

Pros

They do try to develop you alot whilst you are the company. There are hundreds of different departments you can go into within the company as they own hospitals and clinics too. The facilities are prestige, and the customer service is great. The city club itself is the best gym/health centre you will find in London.

Cons

They do not pay you enough. If you are looking for and not too fussed about pay - this is a great place to work.

Pay your staff more - so you are in line with other companies in the same sector.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Finance Manager
    Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Nuffield Hospitals

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

Pressurised deadlines never seem to end
    People are skilled to do their jobs, the volume of work is often too much.

Evaluate the sharing of work better.

Worked for Nuffield Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!