Nulogy Reviews

Updated June 13, 2014
4.6

Jason Tham

Exciting, High-Growth SaaS Company

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nulogy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nulogy has a fantastic SaaS Software product that is solving very important problems within the Contract Packaging, Contract Manufacturing and VAS components of the Supply Chain. Although we are growing at a very fast pace, globally, our leadership team is incredible at sharing our overall vision and empowering each and every employee to contribute, on a daily basis, to this vision. The unique thing about Nulogy, is that there are no egos. The company is quite literally full of extremely intelligent, motivated and inspired people looking to work together to achieve our ambitious goals.

Cons

Since each team is consistently at, or over capacity, communication tends to be difficult as we are all so busy with our highly specific work and projects. As with any high-growth company, this communication will be integral to our continued, successful growth.

Keep driving the company forward with the same contagious passion that made me come on board!

Great high-energy culture

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Nulogy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked at Nulogy as a web development intern for four months, and by far the most memorable aspect of my time there was the incredible company culture. Nulogy has a very high-energy, casual, and team-oriented environment. Being surrounded by such intelligent and friendly people every day made my job very enjoyable. The management was very approachable, open to receiving and giving constructive criticism, and genuinely concerned about the professional growth of its employees and the company as a whole. Plenty of social events and all around awesome people.

The work was challenging and intellectually stimulating with a complex problem domain. Even as an intern I was given a good deal of responsibility and was respected as a fully-fledged member of the team. Developers were truly concerned about the quality of their code base, always looking for more ways to improve, and not afraid of some experimentation. Regular book club meetings and company hack days were also a great opportunity for self-improvement. The developers were very technically competent and open-minded.

Cons

There is some lack of interaction between different teams in the office, particularly across different departments. The problem domain is very complex, and Nulogy could benefit from increasing the number of resources available to get new developers up to speed.

Keep doing whatever it is you are doing with the company culture!

Exceptional company, great people, and a fast-paced and challenging environment

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nulogy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nulogy is filled with smart and innovative individuals that have such a wide-breadth of knowledge from various industries. Management puts a lot of emphasis on team success (no egos!), making sure that everyone's needs are accommodated in order to get the job done. Great work/life balance - emphasis on working hard, but definitely understanding that Nulogites have lives outside of work. There is great cohesion on my team, and I enjoy working with my colleagues day-in, and day-out

Cons

Having to wait almost two years to get a job here (and working less exciting positions beforehand)

Some growth pains - some teams are so busy and are not hiring fast enough to keep up with demand, and the office is getting cramped, but this is obviously being addressed.

The management team does a fantastic job of relaying the short and long-term strategies of the company, ensuring steady growth and innovation. My job is much more enjoyable when I am selling a game-changing product for the industry! Keep it up!

There could be some more interaction between certain teams in the office, but this is slowly being ironed out.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its Not Just Business, Its Personal

Current Employee - Junior Professional Services Consultant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Junior Professional Services Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nulogy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I just completed a four month internship with Nulogy, and have nothing but glowing reviews for the company!
    Some of the many highlights of the firm include:

-THE EMPLOYEES! Arguably one of the greatest parts of working at Nulogy is the people! Not only are they some of the most intelligent people I've met, but they all incredibly personable, and happy to collaborate when solving problems.

- Culture. The company promotes a very collaborative culture. This culture can be seen through the open office concept, regular town halls, and frequent social events to promote communication across teams!

- Management. The management team is always approachable, and actively seek feedback from all members of the organization. One of the most impressive things about Nulogy was the fact that the organizational strategy was openly communicated to everyone, and input was sought after.

- Projects. As an intern I was thrilled to be given a large amount of responsibility, and autonomy. I felt that my opinions were considered in discussions, and didn't feel as though I was given the standard "grunt" work most interns are given. I had the opportunity to develop a number of skills I previously had no exposure in, and was excited to be included in a wide breadth of projects.

- Travel. My favourite part about the internship was the ability to travel. I was the only one of my peers to be given many opportunities to do so.

Overall I had an outstanding experience at Nulogy, and look forward to my next work term with them!

Cons

I didn't have the chance to work with some of the other teams in the company, but I believe it was due to the nature of the projects I was working on.

Keep up the outstanding work, and continue the momentum towards the organizational goals!

Excellent Fast Paced Environment working with Brilliant Individuals

Former Employee - Junior Professional Services Consultant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Junior Professional Services Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Nulogy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Working at Nulogy was easily my most rewarding internship, there were several factors that made working here enjoyable:

-Smart and passionate peers, who are willing to help (especially helpful as an intern)

-Ability to interact with founders and senior managers. This was a great learning opportunity and a highlight of my internship.

-High responsibility work. Even as an intern I was treated as full-time team member. My work made impact and this was very rewarding.

-Open concept office promotes meeting other teams.

-Opportunity to travel based on which project you are allocated to.

Cons

-Lack of social interaction between different teams. Even with the open concept office, I had to make a conscious effort to go meet other teams.

-Try to organize some company building events that can promote interaction between other teams.

-You guys are awesome!

smart, passionate people, making the industry a better place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nulogy full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't think I could work for a company whose product I don't believe in, in, or which isn't making a positive difference in the world (or at least the industry). I work with lots of very bright and voluntary people that are out there to build the best product possible, and ensure that our customers have the best user experience they possible can, which makes it a really great place to work. The hierarchy is flat, meaning that we interact with the founders and top managers on a daily basis, and can go to them with questions or suggestions which are taken seriously. There is no red tape and bureaucracy, things move very fast. I love that there is a long term vision for the company and that we aren't just focused on the short term vision of making more money this quarter than last. I also love that management trusts employees with "unlimited days off" as long as our work gets done and that the teams function properly.

Cons

There could be more social interaction between the different teams in the office. I guess that teams are very focused on what they're doing and not really intent on communicating and sharing so much with other parts of the company.

keep pushing us to build the best product possible and deliver the best service to our customers

Rewarding and challenging work experience

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nulogy full-time for more than a year

Pros

All teams/departments focus on recruiting and attracting great talent, meaning working with coworkers is always intellectually stimulating. Leadership has a genuine interest in employee feedback, and flat organizational structure means any issue can be tabled and you can be confident it will be discussed and taken seriously. A high amount of trust is put in employees, so while the workload is high, the opportunities available internally are large and varied.

Cons

The company is still growing rapidly, meaning work continually exceeds capacity. The growth and change is exciting and presents exciting opportunities, but it necessitates some flexibility in work/life balance.

Keep attracting great talent!

World class experience, working with the best and brightest in a game-changing fast paced environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nulogy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working at Nulogy for a little over two years and I have nothing but great things to say about this amazing company.

The People - down to earth, crazy smart, hard working, strong collaboration, easy to talk to, type-A personalities

The Culture - dress casual, fun outings, unlimited vacation, open office concept, no egos, vision retreats, games room, free snacks and coffee

Management - visionaries, strategic, strong leadership, continuous feed back, energetic

Experience - global exposure, emerging markets, accelerated career growth, challenging

Industry - niche market, doubling in size over the next 3 years, solving complex supply chain problems

Cons

Not working at Nulogy sooner.

Continue changing the game and staying on course with their strategic vision.

Lack of leadership

I worked at Nulogy full-time

Pros

Great software able to help solve issues for co-packers. Diverse set of clients all over the world. Promotes from within. Very smart people working here that are talented developers.

Cons

Company is in a growth phase and does not have the senior leadership resources to support its growth. Turnover is fairly high likely due to limited processes/structure. Work-life balance is minimal.

Get help early with company structure and process. Focus on leadership development.

Nulogy Response

Oct 31, 2013COO

As a member of the leadership team at Nulogy, I can say we definitely take feedback seriously, whether from enthusiastic existing employees, or those that separated on unknown terms.

We are aware
    ... More

Worked for Nulogy? Contribute to the Community!