Numotion

2.1

Mike Swinford
1 Rating

It Helps When You Enjoy Your Job

I have been working at Numotion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team that I work with are really great....Sure there are challenges when you have people with different ideas, opinions and such however we work through our differences and try to make decisions that improve our efficiency as an unit. It helps that I actually enjoy what I do and my educational and career experience has only helped me grow in my role. My supervisors genuinely care and are very supportive and that makes in difference in the quality that I put into my work. Encouraged to work with other members of the team for cross-functional training,

Cons

Limited knowledge about other departments and how everything works as a whole company
    Some people just aren't friendly and can be rude when you try to help them

All employees should be treated with dignity no matter the rank, Communication is key to helping the organization grow into a better company.

No ethics. No structure. Favoritism runs like crazy, if your trash.

Former Employee - Billing Boot Licking Lackey in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Billing Boot Licking Lackey in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Numotion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The "grunt "workers were amazing. This billing team is amazing. In the trenches, finding the problems and trying to fix them on their own. Some nice perks, if you want to pack on the pounds, donuts, snowcones, hotdogs, nachos, cookies, on special occasions. For being in the health field you would think they could come up with healthy choices.

Cons

Too many too list. Supervisors will steal your ideas, and credit for what you do, and then ask why your numbers are low! Upper management has been heard to say upon walking out a beloved long term employee(also management) upon her resignation, I need to walk you out to make sure you don't steal anything. They will promise you anything to hire you on. Get it in writing. Don't trust. They "forget". Then when you choose to leave and further your career, either 1. They suddenly give you that big raise you have been waiting years for and promise you the world 2. You exit quick- They talk about you when your gone, like where's the key to the desk? We can't get in it. Check with h.r.! They talk bonuses.. read the fine print! ! Reworks is another word for they messed up and are going to commit an act of f*a*d. And have a tech go out and have the disabled customer sign a different date on the delivery ticket to keep the wheelchair, so they can get paid and customer can keep the chair they depend on. Had to get out and save my self respect. Some gems there, hope they save themselves. Don't do it. The paycheck isn't worth it.

See above. Get your act together, or look good in orange. Take your own green light course on fraud and abuse.

Worst work environment

I worked at Numotion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros when working at this company other than a paycheck

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I worked their for over a year and half and left voluntarily. Management is horrible, training is horrible and there is a revolving door of people as well as managers. I knew what I was walking into before I worked there but was desperate for a job. I couldn't get out of their fast enough. They don't solve problems from the ground up and try and change things to make the company better. Management constantly putting down employees and telling them they are replaceable.

Start treating your employees like they mean something and they aren't there to be walked all over. Training is key and you are lacking any sort of a training procedure.

Caring company trying hard

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

best resourced to help its clients
    wants to do a good job
    store (branch) folks all working hard to take care of clients

Cons

growing pains causing delays as they figure out what they are doing
    compensation is below market for same level of work
    senior management may have forgotten "where they came from"

Communicate with those in the field doing the job every day - they probably have ideas on how they can best do there jobs

Absolute soul-destroying nightmare

Current Employee - Wheelchair Technician in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Wheelchair Technician in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If one can call earning a barely-above-poverty-level wage for skilled labor, then I guess that could be considered a "Pro". I had to give them 1 star because it wouldn't let me give them zero.

Cons

There isn't enough space available to list them.
    But, since we're sharing: long, grueling hours, minimal pay with minimal, grudgingly-given raises, ever-increasing work loads, a culture of verbal abuse & oppression, scant resources with which to do one's job, reneging on promised bonuses ( not just a couple of times, but every time), no hope at all of advancement within the company, no recognition for one's efforts, and absolutely the worst management I have ever had the grave misfortune to work under.
    All-in-all, a thoroughly rotten, thankless job. I routinely start shaking in a cold sweat about 3PM every Sunday in anticipation of going back to that hatefully miserable hell-hole on Monday morning. If you want regard from them, you're better off getting a dog.

Turn your steering wheel smartly to the left on your way home.

Lack of communication and poor managerial style in Purchasing. Avoid at all costs.

Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Numotion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Generous time-off policy
    -Few blackout dates for time off
    -Frequent Overtime

Cons

-Little communication between staff and manager
    -No compensation for preventive care
    -Supervisor is frequently verbally abusive and condescending.

Slow down the mergers and focus on the working conditions of those outside of management.

Horrible company to work for. Doesn't care about customers or employees at all.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Numotion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free grocery store doughnuts about once a month.

Cons

Company does not care whatsoever about its customers well being. They only do follow up visits if they can bill insurance companies for it. All they care about is the bottom line and padding the upper management's wallets.
    The management has zero consideration for the customers or lowly workers.
    They "offer" lots of mandatory overtime. Too bad if you have a family or social life.
    The managements ends to deflect their problems down the ladder. You'll never get a raise no matter how hard you work. In a review, you'll hear "we're not going to rate you a "10" because a "10" is perfection and we feel everybody has room for improvement. There's no 401k matching. Not even a penny to the dollar. They'll promise bonuses to the employees but they'll never ever materialize. There's simply no future at this company.

Listen to your employees! They're the face of the company.
    Be more honest and transparent with your employees.

Very money hungery.

I have been working at Numotion (more than an year)

Pros

Its a job. 8am-5pm M-f. Small office work environment.

Cons

They let you know that you are replaceable at any time. Customer service is the worst.

Respect the chain of command. The managers have to cozy of a relationship with certain employees and they side with the employees they like and write up the ones they don't.

Great

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

local feel, great VPs, good mission/values, compensation

Cons

you have to be dedicated and this means longer work hours

Over worked, under paid.

Current Employee - N/A in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - N/A in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, that is about it for Pros.

Cons

No communication between mgrs and workers, mgrs and CEO's. Very frustrating company to work for. pay is low and they cry about raises and they are a billion dollar company. Never receive reviews on time supposed to be once a year but your lucky if you get one every 2 and then they bring up things that happened was back that you can't even remember. Managers don't know what workers do . If you plan on getting a job there don't expect to be there long. Not good for retirement.

It was bad when there were two separate companies but now that ATG is with United Seating company is going down hill and employees are jumping ship fast. Thought when they combined would be better, only for the upper management, not the workers.