Numotion Reviews

Mike Swinford

1. Customer Care Coordinator

Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator
    Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator

I worked at Numotion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-assisting clients with their DME needs
    -learning more about Medicare
    -relationship with ATP
    -flexibility
    -paid holidays

Cons

-management
    -benefits are a little costly
    -no proper training
    -DFC & branches not understanding how each others roles work
    -not receiving timely responses especially regarding important matters
    -more concern with their bottom line than helping the clients
    -S&R department is overworked
    -hiring and promoting their friends oppose to candidates with the proper knowledge and skills
    -no communication
    -not listening to employees regarding caseloads and processes

Advice to Management

Please listen to the employees who are out with the clients and/or talking to clients daily. At times it feels like management lacks a moral compass. If this company values and wants to serve the public DO IT. This could be a great job but no one knows whats really going on as far as processes and guidelines. It is a lot of work and some are more motivated than others. Value those employees who are hard working and care!

Extremely disorganized

Former Intern - Administration in Tualatin, OR
    Former Intern - Administration in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Numotion as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Potlucks, social gatherings, free popcorn and coffee... HR is nice, but not very transparent. Pay is decent.

Cons

Co-workers are unhappy and very rude to clients, they do not follow through with assignments and blame others for their own lack of follow through. Customers are treated very poorly. The focus is more on boosting the employee's moral (and money, money, money!!!) than getting the work done efficiently. Improperly trained staff are used as scapegoats. Management leads employees to believe one thing, but then does the opposite. Chaotic, unorganized, sloppy, rude employees, not client oriented. Staff really aren't happy. And getting someone in the billing department is a nearly impossible task for employees as well as patrons. No one seems to know where/ who referrals are supposed to go to.

Advice to Management

Don't tell your employees something one day and then something completely the opposite the next. If there is a conflict between coworkers, listen to both sides of the story, not just the senior staff member's. Stop using the underdog as a scapegoat. Train ALL of your staff better.

3. Customer Care Coordinator

Current Employee - Customer Service in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The good feeling I have knowing that I am helping people keep and improve their independence. The hours are great, I don't work on weekends. Benefits are good.

Cons

ATPs only care about making money and don't care about their clients. CCCs are told that they will lose their job if the ATPs aren't happy. Most ATPs have no integrity. And I will never refer another patient to them. I have the name and number of every DME company in my area and I will refer more clients to them.

Advice to Management

Show your CCCs more respect because we are the one pushing the paper and keeping the customers happy so we can be profitable. This is a warning, I will report the company to Medicare if I suspect any fraudulent activities.

Wish I had read reviews about this company before applying for a job.

Current Employee - Coordinator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have a job that provides benefits and allows me to be with my family on weekends and holidays. The perks are meeting the wonderful (not all of them) people that I work with and being able to call them friends.

Cons

Even though I would have missed out on meeting some truly kind and caring, exceptional friends, I would not have applied for a position with Numotion if I had read the employee reviews first. The information from current and former employees from all over the country, describe the working environment in the Colorado offices. Management says one thing, but does something completely different. More specifically, the local level management does something completely different and contrary to the messages provided to the employees from the upper management. As for the area or branch level managers, the reviews are absolutely correct, they do not care about the employees. They manage with intimidation, aggression, threats, and constant criticism and blame. They ONLY and brief time employees are praised, is when the monthly, quarterly, or annual target numbers, i.e. $$$$$, goals are met because that is when the managers get the biggest bonus. Numotion is not the customer first company that they claim to be. Numotion is a money first company, always. The only people that have the "Take care of the customer..." attitude, are the first contact employees: CCCs, STs, SCs, and ATPs. Everyone works extremely hard in a hostile environment, because they truly care about the customers, but why we continue to allow this mistreatment is a puzzle. Numotion talks big about being a "Team", but is actually a group of great players without a coaching staff to provide teaching and training, encouragement and motivation, a clear game plan and a way to achieve the overall goal. I don't think any of the managers or supervisors have ever had real management training. They lead by intimidation and ignorance, and use old angry out dated leadership ideals, resulting in employees that are unhappy, frustrated, overworked, under paid, under training, and unappreciated. The training provided to employees is inconsistent when it is at it's best. Only recently, web-based training course have been made available, but when an employee takes the time during a work day to take advantage of these, we just get further behind in our workload. Employees constantly work extra off the clock to meet the increasingly aggressive demands coming from management to produce more money.

Advice to Management

take leadership courses quarterly. Treat your employees with respect. Learn how to actually listen to the people that work with the customers, listen to what their concerns are WITHOUT FEAR OF RETALIATION.

6. Ok company

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Numotion

Pros

The ability to work from home, don't really be on your back, ok managers

Cons

Don't wanna give raises, manager dint know what he's doing, no respect

Advice to Management

Pay more if the person does what he's supposed to do

8 year employee

Former Employee - Customer Service in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Numotion (more than 8 years)

Pros

I met some great and exciting coworkers here. Medical benefits were good although strange they did not have DME coverage. Employee portion of benefit expense was quite high.

Cons

Management was a sore spot for this company. Management positions were filled by friends and lunch buddies. Hard workers got no recognition. Friends got special treatment. They started several recognition programs that all fizzled. When the company merged they cleaned house of those who made more. No loyalty. No respect. Emotional games.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at the quality of the person you have in management and supervisor positions. They will sink your customer base like a slow poison. Your products are a life saving gift of technology. Search for and reward your quiet hard working employees with the life saving gift of honest employment.

8. Great company, growing rapidly, with incredible career opportunities available to those willing to work hard

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First and foremost - the satisfaction in knowing that what we do on a daily basis is creating positive change in the lives of those we serve. As Numotion continues to grow, career opportunities are plentiful. Top talent is recognized and rewarded appropriately. Overall, Numotion is a great company with outstanding values in a challenging and fast-paced industry.

Cons

Just as with any company experiencing growth, there are growing pains that must be overcome. However, Numotion does a great job of recognizing issues when they arise and is quick to put plans in place that are designed to correct the problem.

Advice to Management

Continue to place great emphasis on customer advocacy.

9. Numotion

I have been working at Numotion

Pros

Love working here. Laid back but professional environment.

Cons

It can get stressful working in the medical industry but still satisfying.

Worked here 9 years as a service technician and am extremely dissatisfied with my underpaid wages!

I have been working at Numotion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pros are I love what I do and the people I work with at my location. It's been a great job working with a great team.

Cons

So many to list. I'm a 9 year veteran and in that time have only gotten 2 raises. The last one was second quarter of 2014 and I had waited 7 years for it! Even though it was significant, it still didn't put me in line with even the median wage for a service technician of my experience in this industry and I'm still one of the lowest paid employees in my office if not THE lowest paid in my office! Probably the lowest paid service tech in all the Numotion stores in the country with my experience level. Their reasons for not giving me a raise before were invalid saying I wasn't eligible because I didn't complete a bronze, silver and gold program that was offered at one time. My site manager was still using this excuse last year! You had to do this on your own time; not work time; and at the end of it for all that work you only got a dollar an hour raise. Not really feasible to do that when you're working over time every week and have a family that you want to be able to spend time with on the weekend and still have personal time. I also saw what was being taught through those programs and in my opinion they didn't add anything of value to my expertise and didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. I'm sure that's why they ultimately got rid of them! The cost involved with providing them and the raises afterwards didn't equal anything beneficial to the company. That program ended in early 2011 and they still used it as an excuse for not giving me a raise the next 3 years; despite me being one of the highest revenue producing service techs nation wide for the last 5 years. There's never any merit based raises unless you're upper management and then you get them just because you're a manager. No Christmas bonuses from this multi-million dollar leviathon that USM and ATG created! No chance of any raises, bonuses, or advancement for the average employee. Regional managers and upper management look down on you as the dirt beneath their feet and all they do is send out emails saying more money, more money. We have to make more money! This company puts on a front of customer care and that the customer matters most, when in reality the customer is viewed as a money asset and how much we can make off of them. We are told as service technicians to write up as many replacement parts as we can legally justify to maximize revenue. They push the salesmen to sell the cheapest and most undependable power chairs in the industry; Pride. This is to maximize profit for the company and also to get maximum profits on repairs because they are junk and constantly need worked on. Being a service technician I have service work orders to take care of which means parts that will need ordered to fill these orders. They don't give you any time on your schedule to enter and submit these orders into the computer system and it is quite a lengthy process. It takes me an average of 15 minutes per order just to enter them. This causes them to back up for days and weeks sometimes.Then they yell at you wanting to know why you haven't wrote up the parts yet and why is your turn around time so poor. The only way to keep caught up is to work LOTS of overtime. Then you get chewed our for that as well. If you ask to use any of your paid time off towards the end of the month they act like you're committing a crime against humanity. If a manager being regional or site makes a mistake of some kind and can throw you under the bus for it to save theirselves trouble rather than admit their wrong, then they will. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at the office level or national level. This company suffers from the classic corporate syndrome of too many managers and not enough people to actually do the job. You simply don't need this many managers and that's where all the money goes instead of the employees like me that break their backs every day doing the real work of the company.

Advice to Management

Treat your customer service staff, your service department staff, warehouse staff and salesmen with A LOT MORE RESPECT! We are the back bone of the company and the ones who are dealing with the customers. Not the ones sitting in a meeting room all day talking about how much money we can make off of the customers! Get rid of all these regional managers that make people's lives miserable at times! I realize money has to be made, but try treating your customers as actual people with needs that only we can meet instead of how much money we can make off of them. Start giving meaningful merit based raises to good employees at regular intervals. In other words not a 5 or 10 cent an hour raise, 25 cent an hour raise minimum annually. Share your profits with the backbone employees at the end of the year with a REAL bonus; instead of upper management being the only ones to get them at Christmas. If you wanted to retain good employees and good talent, then you would actually do these things! I know I'm probably seeking employement elsewhere this next year!

Numotion Response

Jan 9, 2015Chief Compliance Counsel

I’m sorry to hear these concerns. We take this feedback very seriously as we are always working to improve the employee experience. For example, in 2014 we standardized the annual review process to ... More

No ethics. No structure. Favoritism runs like crazy, if your trash.

Former Employee - Billing Boot Licking Lackey in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Billing Boot Licking Lackey in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Numotion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The "grunt "workers were amazing. This billing team is amazing. In the trenches, finding the problems and trying to fix them on their own. Some nice perks, if you want to pack on the pounds, donuts, snowcones, hotdogs, nachos, cookies, on special occasions. For being in the health field you would think they could come up with healthy choices.

Cons

Too many too list. Supervisors will steal your ideas, and credit for what you do, and then ask why your numbers are low! Upper management has been heard to say upon walking out a beloved long term employee(also management) upon her resignation, I need to walk you out to make sure you don't steal anything. They will promise you anything to hire you on. Get it in writing. Don't trust. They "forget". Then when you choose to leave and further your career, either 1. They suddenly give you that big raise you have been waiting years for and promise you the world 2. You exit quick- They talk about you when your gone, like where's the key to the desk? We can't get in it. Check with h.r.! They talk bonuses.. read the fine print! ! Reworks is another word for they messed up and are going to commit an act of f*a*d. And have a tech go out and have the disabled customer sign a different date on the delivery ticket to keep the wheelchair, so they can get paid and customer can keep the chair they depend on. Had to get out and save my self respect. Some gems there, hope they save themselves. Don't do it. The paycheck isn't worth it.

Advice to Management

See above. Get your act together, or look good in orange. Take your own green light course on fraud and abuse.

Numotion Response

Jan 2, 2015Chief Compliance Counsel

As Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel for Numotion, please know that we value all our team members and their opinions. I'm sorry that your experiences at the company were not more positive ... More