Nurun

Nurun President and CEO Jacques-Hervé Roubert

Jacques-Hervé Roubert

Fun, Challenging and Impactful Design

Producer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWork life balance can be achieved here, if it's important to you. Nurun SF is full of talented, unique and inspiring individuals who work hard and play hard. The pay and benefits are comparable to other boutique agencies in SF.

ConsA growing team from a small core group has certainly caused a few pains as senior employees get used to a larger group of coworkers and stricter standards that come with being acquired by a multi-national company. Little to no training, they throw you right in the ring. It's pretty sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer opportunities for on the job education (many employees do not know of the $600 stipend for education/training each year) and foster an environment of growth and acceptance between senior and jr. employees.

Used to be good, not run well

ProsYou work with some really talented folks here, the office culture is pretty good and Hayes Valley is a nice area to work in (compared to downtown or by the ball park).

ConsThe management is pretty poor in general. It's really cliquey here too. There's not much in the way of career growth. There's a lot of people that have been there for a long time and many are questionable in terms of value or what they add. HR is pretty much non existent. There's little to no work life balance when it's pitch time.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people from time to time, their opinions are valid.

A stop, not a destination, in your career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTalented people and hip culture. Good benefits and work-life balance for the most part. A new office in San Francisco and a fresh look for the brand and website. Seems to be a good fit for young designers and front-end developers.

ConsExpect a wildly different experience depending on your location and project. The company is very disjoint and lacks any particular core competency or product. It's "Agency" with a capital "A" - teams are assembled to produce whatever project they successfully bid. The best gig at Nurun is probably as a consultant or vendor.

Little appreciation and few opportunities for those in supporting roles. This can even include backend development, system administration, and operations roles. I would stay away unless you're a designer or front-end developer looking to get some experience before you land a better job.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on collaboration and continuity within the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atalanta Rocks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat office culture and people

ConsOwned by French company who doesnt understand US culture

The potential is there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLocally, the senior manager, work/life balance, dogs in the office

ConsLack of network communication, lack of consistency and commitment when it came to corporate vision, disjointed strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementMany organizations struggle with a challenged network. In order for a corporate DNA to take roots, the network has to work. Fix the network, and success will follow.

Quality of work and leadership varies widely by office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood local leadership teams in some offices. Some very smart people in select positions. Good work/life balance.

ConsNo real strategy for the company as a whole. Uninspiring corporate leadership. Flexible work schedules are an ongoing issue. Too much top-down management; corporate doesn't seem to see the value in basic strategic principles of leadership and innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanging the way you work, think and lead is critical if you want to succeed in the US market; otherwise the company will be continually beaten by the competition.

Very Solid Company

Web Developer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsProjects are well organized. Free snacks, beer cart, good parties, excellent location. Very nice and friendly people.

ConsCan have a steep learning curve some times. Upper management is somewhat disconnected from people at ground level.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the suggestions in the Suggestion Box!

Backend devs don't get enough respect.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsDecent culture and many friendly people. There are some good office events and a relaxed atmosphere. Benefits are flexible and don't cost a lot. The company does some exciting projects with many different customers, and has offices worldwide, so international projects are a possibility.

ConsAs a backend developer, you don't get a lot of respect or visibilty because you're not doing something the customers can "see". The marketing, strategy, and front-end employees get all the love.

I personally never felt that I fit in here, I never seemed to get into the office life like in previous jobs.

The past few years were tough and took a toll on the company morale. It's picking up now, if business stays good it should get a lot better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to invent some magical, fanciful marketing product that no-one wants to pay for and focus on signing actual paying projects.

Great people and culture, Unexciting work

Designer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThere is a great group of people who are working relentlessly to really build up a great company culture - I hope they keep it up.

ConsUpper management is more concerned with running the business than building up their employees. Work isn't very exciting, so as a designer, I wouldn't recommend working here if you want to do exciting work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to really learn how to best grow and empower your employees. Bring the best out of them, don't bring them down.

Fun.. but agency

Developer (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood culture, good perks, good people.

ConsWork isn't terribly interesting, clients run the show.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a process down and provide that as part of the package so your employees don't get stuck in the middle.

Worked for Nurun? Contribute to the Community!