Nuspire Networks

3.5

Saylor Frase

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales in Commerce, MI

I have been working at Nuspire Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing Company. Great culture. Great way to grow a career. They are one of the world's leading Managed Security Service Providers headquartered right in Michigan. They have cutting edge technology, great people, and a great opportunity to grow your career. Most of their management started in entry level jobs within the company and worked their way up.

Cons

Since it is a growing company there is a lot of work. If you are not cut out for the job, environment, or pace you will not last long at the company. You are expected to work long hours, work from home, and a go above and beyond your normal job duties. It isn't a huge drawback though because the rewards are well worth the effort.

Keep up the good work. Keep hiring. Find good people. Keep investing in R&D. Employees are proud of the cutting edge solutions, home grown technology, and high level of expertise. Keep it up!

Only Good for Experience

Former Employee - Tier I
    Former Employee - Tier I

I worked at Nuspire Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Tier 1 is great if you've never had an IT job and want real experience. But experience has to be the main thing you're after, because there isn't much more to make the job worth it.
    2. People are generally friendly, management makes an effort to connect with employees through events, special olympics, etc.
    3.. The job is not hard. If you can follow directions, you will do fine. Start doing things your own or making shortcuts, you won't last long. (Still, a ton of people don't make it/get fired/quit)
    5. Benefits are pretty standard. Nothing really to complain about, nothing to rave about either.
    6. If you want to work in a "farm system" (yea like in baseball, the difference is if you make it to the majors you only get 12/hr)

Cons

1. Education is not valued here. If you have a bachelors and start working in tier 1, expect some eye-brow raising comments about how you spent twice as long in college but are working along side with people with associate degrees.
    2. The job just doesn't pay enough.
    3. Very high turnover rate for tier 1. This is because the job is not properly defined, it doesn't pay, and they let just about anyone give it a go. Perhaps if the job was actually defined (Am I a level 1 engineer? Am I a Help Desk Support Technician? Am I a tier 1 tech support rep? Or am I just an "associate attendant"?) Make up your minds. That's the first step. Baby steps

5. Probationary period--this doesn't make a young college grad feel very welcome. All that time in school and it's basically "guilty until proven innocent". I mean, no one is asking for a handout here. But its a pretty raw deal when you consider everything else.

6. Tier 2 is 5x harder than tier 1, but you only get 1 more dollar per hour if you make it

These are low wages yet they want people who have gone to college and took out loans to come and work in a "farm system". I was forced to quit and go somewhere where my degree actually means more than the paper its printed on (or some painful conversation)

Make the job desirable. Like, make it an actual job so that people will actually put effort into it. If you aren't going to commit to me as an employee, I'm less likely to commit myself to working for you. I'd also rather make a little more than take company trips/parties/special Olympics. That stuff is all great, but only AFTER the pay is right.

FIND A DIFFERENT JOB!

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Nuspire Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire anyone, and I mean anyone.

Cons

Don't let them sell you the position. You will never get a raise, not even 1% for inflation. There is no room for growth. Degree's don't matter. Everything is based off "favoritism." Extremely laid back culture, unprofessional especially for women. DIRTY work environment. Lying happens daily. Costumer satisfaction doesn't matter to them. It's only gotten worse over time STAY AWAY!!

Listen to your employee's when they have suggestions to better the business. Just because it worked once doesn't mean it will work successfully FOREVER. It's okay if processes need to change. You should value the people who show up and care about their work over the people who come out to the bar and get drunk with you.

Good Job, fast paced environment, great people

Current Employee - Sales in Commerce, MI

I have been working at Nuspire Networks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is the kind of place you like to come to work every day. It is the best group of people I have worked with in my career. Everyone knows they have a great impact here, and really strive to make this a great company. The days go back quickly. At the end of the day you feel a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

There is a lot of work here. This isn't your typical 9 to 5 job. Management works around the clock, so that fast pace does not stop at 5:30.

Keep hiring. Keep hiring good people. Keep the employees who make this company great.

Great experience

I worked at Nuspire Networks

Pros

Paid time offs, good managers, challenging work, totally fun to work with everyone

Cons

lower salary, lesser space in the company

Engineer

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Nuspire Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Blessed to be working at a real I.T. Security Firm. If you are a tech person this is nervana. you dont just get to use security systems you get to help design them. you get that NO WHERE ELSE. I also feel compelled to coment on what I assume is the same person adding negitive posts here. there is a great entry level system at nuspire that you can come into and move up. That is where I came from; however you if dont cut it you won't make it. Management is on top of it and fair, and that is good for everyone. Any negative post on here is just rediculous.

Cons

I really dont have much bad to say. There are cons when a company is growing, you can get over whelmed with work as new accounts come on line etc, but I have been here long engough to see the payoff so its worth it. I can see how if you just started it would be a intimidating learning curve.

Keep up the goog work and thank you.

Served its purpose for a short while.

I worked at Nuspire Networks full-time

Pros

Easy work, managers dont discipline anybody for anything. Apparently you can take as many smoke breaks as you can handle.

Cons

Low pay. Managers dont endorse furthering education/certifications. Stub networks are a bore to support day in and day out. Unskilled group.

Follow through and obtain better talent. Amatuer hour over there.

Best I.T. company you could hope for a job at

Former Employee - Programs
    Former Employee - Programs

I worked at Nuspire Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

company is at the cutting edge, developing new technologies. it is very exciting. its a great feeling when you can see how the things you are working on might affect the entire world. thats cool. great opportunities. there are people that started as interns that are now executives.

Cons

Growing company, things are fast paced. people that dont keep up are left behind. there are entry level positions but they are not easy, its a sink or swim situation. not as much hand holding as you might get other places. but the flip side is you will move up fast if you are good.

keep pushing, michigan needs the jobs!

Consistently Inconsistent. Disorganized. Poor Leadership from the Executive Management (and those who wish they were).

I worked at Nuspire Networks full-time

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere, depending on who you work for.
    There are competent people who work there (*See Cons).

Cons

*For every one competent person who works there, there are 4 unqualified people who get paid more to do less (especially certain managers).

The lack of: communication, organization, teamwork, and accountability amount to overall frustration with the company.

Don't buy into the, "You can grow with the company"--most of the positions available are fillers for all of the extra work that they need to unload from another coworker.

Job descriptions are outrageous. Expect to be pulled into too many directions at once.

After already starting at a below-average rate of pay, don't ask for a raise. You will probably not get one. And if you do, you are one of the few lucky ones. Oh, and watch out for the low-end of that already miniscule, much over-due raise.

When you think you have it good, beware. You'll get blindsided and quickly escorted out.

Reward the people that work for you. All of them. Not just the quick money-makers, but every single person who, although underpaid, work very hard. Because there are many departments that a successful company makes. And because they are not acknowledged enough, if ever.

Practice what you preach.

Learn the names of the people who work for you. It's a small company. It will go a long way. It's a new age. Boys' clubs are a thing of the past; this will be part of your downfall.

Fair and honest. Try it. It would change the overall morale of your employees. Ruling by fear doesn't work on anyone--you will just get more disgruntled employees with no motivation whatsoever. Positive feedback goes a long way.

Good luck.

Great Company - Smart people

Current Employee - Former Tier I in Commerce Township, MI
    Current Employee - Former Tier I in Commerce Township, MI

I have been working at Nuspire Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, lots of opportunity, team atmosphere, stability, fun people, management that cares, ability to be heard. I recently found some items that required updates to work properly and my peers and supervisors were more than excited to take the suggestions and get it running. This is more than I can say for any company I have been at previously.

Cons

Do not believe any of the stuff you hear on this site about the negatives. Is it hard work, yes. but the flip side of that is: if you suck you are let go. that’s exactly who you are hearing negative from on here. I only posted this comment on here after accidently finding the cry baby reviews on here, I know the person who wrote them, they were terminated and trust me they are not anyone who you would want to take any advice from.

Management is bright, its amazing what they have accomplished.

Nuspire Networks Photos