Nutanix Reviews

Reset
4.7
Nutanix Founder and CEO Dheeraj Pandey
Dheeraj Pandey

Pros
  • be it work-life balance, HR policies, companies future (in 5 reviews)

• Very fast paced, but I haven't found the need to work extra long weeks (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work is very fast paced and there is not as much structure as you would find at a larger competitor (in 2 reviews)

• Once in a blue moon, long hours are expected, but hey (in 2 reviews)

2 thumbs up

I have been working at Nutanix full-time

Pros

This company truly cares about keeping employees happy. Even as they grow at an incredible rate they focus on making sure they pay attention to employee satisfaction as best they can. There is always a great energy, it's full of great people, and everyone is kept in the loop on everything going on in the company. It's a lot of fun.

Cons

Things move at an incredible pace and sometimes it can be difficult to keep up. Things are still growing and changing too quickly for there to really be set processes for a lot of what happens, but it's an exciting environment.

Good company with some major flaws

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Visionary CEO who is working hard to position Nutanix as a market leader. Fun place to work if you can afford time to attend events. Great medical and dental plan. Daily lunch is catered and unlimited snacks.

Cons

Unlimited vacation policy is a scam. Getting any time off is pulling teeth. Management gives you major guilt trip when it comes to requesting time off. Additionally, this policy doesn’t apply towards maternity/paternity or family leave and company only subsidizes two weeks of pay. Perhaps Nutanix HR is oblivious to time off policies at other companies in the Valley. There is no bonus or 401K match program. Don’t be fooled by management over pumping Nutanix’s future stock price. Refresher of stock grants is extremely low. Make sure to negotiate hard for Salary and Equity.

Advice to Management

Exec team is great but first level managers are pathetic. Company needs to invest resources to train first level managers.

Outstanding, dynamic workplace

Current Employee - Nevada in Stateline, NV
    Current Employee - Nevada in Stateline, NV

Pros

Amazing people in every area of the company who are passionate about their jobs and willing to go the extra mile for both customers and other employees. A great culture of transparency, consensus and a "can-do" approach.

Cons

The company is growing so quickly that it is a challenge to keep up with communications, employee reviews, etc. But systems are quickly being implemented to keep the momentum on track.

Great

Pros

Fairly new but already loving the culture and the benefits of working for a great employer.

Cons

Can't think of anything at all.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Best job I have EVERY had

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

Pros

Happy employees, open and welcoming management, great resources, free medical and dental, training...nothing not to like. This is literally the best just I have ever had. Wish I could have joined years ago.

Cons

Run hard, run fast, be careful not to allow it to take over your family life (but that is on you, not the company)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and please keep the culture the way it is.

Sales

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall product and sales leadership is exceptional. Nutanix has its sights set on huge ideas and is executing very well in the market. They are a leader in transforming legacy datacenters to modern, cloud-based architectures.

Cons

Fast growth makes communication a challenge.

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive with equity :)

Systems Engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team, Great Product, Game Changing Technology. Its rare to be able to be a part of an industry changing company like this. The culture is simply amazing.

Cons

Not working from the HQ office can have its challenges for those who are not used to being remote workers. Personally I still love it.

9. Still a great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nutanix (More than 3 years)

Pros

revolutionary technology, that continues to improve. That, plus the great culture and sr. sales leadership keeps me here

Cons

tough work life balance, hyper-growth causing some expected growing pains, hiring isn't what it once was..

Advice to Management

back to the roots. what worked in the beginning can still work as we grow - don't turn into another faceless behemoth

Senior Director

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very focused leadership team - Driven employees - all working towards a common goal - great products, and great cust sat - Good camaraderie amongst the employees - excellent support system

Cons

- The only one thing I can potentially think about is hyper growth, and that one has to work a lot harder to keep the network and the culture growing

Advice to Management

- Keep the focus - Do not get distracted or fixated on a single competitor - Keep up the quality of people as you grow

11. Systems Engineer

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Systems Engineer

Pros

Nutanix is an incredible, fast paced company to work for. Working with the brightest minds in the industry is amazing. Every single person, from the Dheeraj to engineering, is approachable and more than happy to help each other.

Cons

I can't think of any cons off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Keep disrupting IT as a whole. I'm so happy we've moved to taking on more than just storage. Keep focusing on the internal pulse of the employees, ensuring that work/life balance remains solid. I couldn't be happier where I'm at, keep it up!

RSS Feed </> Embed