Nutanix

Amazing Company transforming an industry

Current Employee - Senior SE
    Current Employee - Senior SE

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is exceptionally rare to find a company with an amazing technology, laser focused vision, great leadership and an incredible team.

From a macro perspective, this company is completely changing the face of IT and represents the biggest technology shift since VMWare. . Most importantly, the team in place can and has executed on the vision to make this possible. I'm looking forward to a long and fantastic ride at Nutanix.

Cons

Normal growing pains of a young company, but nothing at all significant.

Continue to focus on maintaining our culture as it is key to our success!

Nutanix Response

Oct 7, 2014Recruiter

Thanks for the glowing review! Culture is extremely important and we will continue to focus on maintaining and improving it!

Great company culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the many perks we have and the room for career growth. Our leadership is very strong, with a passion for excellence from all of the staff. The culture is part of what attracted me to the company and it has been consistent as we have grown.

Cons

We have so much food available here, we all need to be careful not to over indulge! Having more healthy options and less junk food would help.

Remaining transparent and available gives me a sense of confidence in our leadership team and retaining our culture that makes us so unique, keeps me coming in ready to give my best everyday.

Nutanix Response

Oct 1, 2014Recruiter

Glad you are happy!! We will definitely look into healthier options for food! Hope the recent fruit orders have helped.

Very disruptive, extremely competitive space but this company has the right team and vision.

Current Employee - Sales - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Sales - Territory Manager

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good culture, smart people with a unified vision, leadership committed to the individual and overall company success. Product Engineering developing a world class product.

Cons

Not many but be ready for information overload, overlapping marketing messaging, promotions, etc. Sales goals are very aggressive for a product this new and disruptive.

Please don't get caught up in the hype, every day is a battle and many people/companies still have no idea who we are or what we do.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership, great products, great direction and vision and great people. Really, there are too many Pros to list here and I am a critical person. This was a place I really wanted to work so I had very high hopes and they have all been exceeded.

Cons

Having never worked at a young company I was not prepared for the rate at which territory was subdivided. I expected it, just not as fast as it has happened.

I do not think I can advise management on anything they don't already know. Just keep doing what you are doing!

Thrilling company with phenomenal product.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product is by far the leader in the industry. That makes it fun to sell and easy to manage. Senior executives are in-touch with the industry, the products, and the employees. They welcome feedback and move at lightning speed to meet new needs.

Cons

The rapid pace can get tiring but the level of energy at the company helps offset that.

Even though we already have the best hyper converged product on the market, never tire and never stop looking for ways to keep innovating. We can be the biggest IT company in the world in 10 years (maybe less).

Building the next big Enterprise company

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best talent pool (sales, engg., support, marketing) unfettered by politics, very passionate CEO and one of the best Sales leaders, awesome market opportunity to make the market and be the undisputed market leader, some of best virtualization experts on the planet, need I say more...

Cons

Hyper-growth means sometime deprioritizing important activities - which does drive focus...

Keep up the good work, and continue pushing the envelope.

Great company, atmosphere, and overall place to work!

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'll keep my review short and sweet because many other reviews accurately reflect how I feel about this company. Catered lunch EVERY DAY really saves you a ton of money in the long run and is a great way to boost employee morale. Managers really appear to care about your individual needs and career goals, as they often offer up their time to help you get to where you want to be. The technology is nothing short of incredible and anyone who has had to sell a crappy product can really appreciate an opportunity to sell next-generation technology that they know the customer will love. They offer plenty of time off so long as you get your work done. You are given a very long rope, and are trusted not to abuse it. Last but not least, nearly every employee is excited to be here and it really shows. We all know what the company goals are and what is at stake, which translates into laser-focus on bringing our vision to the masses and planting our flag in this industry. Explosive growth in terms of employees and customer adoption. Very fast-paced and management expects everyone to do their part.

Cons

The incredible growth in employees sometimes leads to sales structure difficulties.

Keep doing what you are doing. Massive growth and customer adoption speaks for itself.

Great Company Culture!

Current Employee - SDR in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - SDR in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Daily Lunch
    - PTO
    - Stock
    - Motivation
    - Company Education
    - High expectations and work ethic

Cons

- Sales Structure but I believe due to fast growth which is a positive.

Wonderful Culture

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of very smart folks here. Information exchanges are good. I work remotely to HQ and I feel in the loop most of the time.

Salaries are reasonable.

Really good technology. Converged Infrastructure is the wave of the future.

Benefits are excellent.

Cons

As with any global company, time zones become a challenge. Some time shifting (for remote workers) is required.

Marketing seems to be our weak link. Do we have the right folks leading this?

Sales Development Representative

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of perks to working with Nutanix; daily lunch, great healthcare, competitive pay, etc. Even though I work at the 2nd HQ (in Durham) the culture adoption has been mostly seamless.

Cons

I can't list CON's, I really like working here!

Some of the field reps I support have unreal expectations of my role. They expect me to operate as their admin and get them meetings, but it's a one way street with little to no direct contact. There should (not sure if there already is) a clear outline of my expectations and duties so there is no confusion.