NutraClick

Updated June 30, 2014
Updated June 30, 2014

3.8

CEO

A great environment for an open source developer

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

NutraClick engineering department offers new to mid-level developers a chance grow, learn, flex their analytical mind

Cons

There can be some unrealistic deadlines, lower pay (but great benefits), devs work on an outdated framework.

Be less reactive and more pro-active to software/marketing/etc issues.

Great Place to Start or Build a Career

Former Employee - Marketer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketer in Boston, MA

Pros

I had an awesome time at NutraClick and learned a lot. If you know nothing about marketing, you’ll learn from smart, innovative, and all around talented people. If you already have years of experience, you’ll have really smart and experienced people to bounce ideas off and to challenge you. Everyone is a great time to hang out with outside of work as well.

NutraClick has a huge appetite for testing, moves lightning fast, and has no red tape which makes for a really exciting and educational environment. If you have an idea, you pretty much have to convince one person that it’s worth pursuing, and 99 times out of 100 you’ll get the green light right off the bat. Because moving fast is so encouraged, depending on a few things, you could have that idea implemented that same day. You’ll also never be bored and the days fly by. If you aren't tasked with anything, you have the freedom and resources to get creative and go make stuff happen.

There are a lot of nice perks like free food, no dress code, an awesome location, and flexible work hours. I went to the gym mid-day most days and it was never an issue.

NutraClick also provides a great opportunity to advance your career fast. The company is small and they promote frequently, and usually from within.

Cons

NutraClick isn’t for everyone. If you’re looking for a 9-5 job where you play phone games and surf the web all day, it’s probably not a good fit. Also, if a fast pace doesn't sound exciting, it’s probably not a good fit.

Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

Pros

-Very bright, hard-working employees
    -Interesting projects requiring cross company collaboration and individual problem solving
    -Fast paced work environment that keeps the tasks fun
    -Amazing benefits: flexible scheduling, in house health and wellness coach, healthy snacks provided, numerous other perks
    -Company really values their employees
    -Customer wellbeing and satisfaction are prioritized
    -Still retains start-up feel and dynamic
    -Huge potential for individual and company growth
    -Diversity of ideas and beliefs encouraged and respected
    -Highly creative and dynamic group of coworkers
    -Unique technological offerings not found elsewhere
    -Great compensation plans

I was thrilled to have had the opportunity to intern with such a fascinating company. Nutraclick is unlike any other competitor in the health and wellness space. Their deployment of cutting-edge technology, techniques, and ideas allows for a fast-paced, exciting work environment where individuals are able to work collaboratively to solve unique and challenging problems. I would recommend Nutraclick to anyone who enjoys a challenge, as well as anyone who believes in the idea that companies can improve the lives of their customers.

Cons

-Fast pace can be a deterrent to some
    -Requires flexibility as projects and objectives can change
    -Not for those that require micro-managing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

The greatest part of this company is what we are promoting and its validity to the market. We offer a way to help people through so many different types of avenues, so it is easy to hop on board with the products and the people working along side you. Great team atmosphere, and the higher ups are willing to listen to you. I enjoy the fast paced environment since when I was younger I worked F&B mostly so it suites me.

Cons

Some employees aren't used to the fast paced nature of the company and will at times try to slow you down.

Keep it up.

Unique for a call center, Sioux Falls office

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Best group of people I've ever worked with, low employee turn around, great bonuses

Cons

NutraClick has had a lot of changes in a short amount of time. CEO makes impulsive decisions which is undercutting the trust that the company is financially stable

Quality over quanity.

Not Worth the Risk

Pros

Almost none. The office location is great, but aside from that, the company is not well run and the expectations are extremely unrealistic. Even the happiest people I knew working there are burned out after less than a year.

Cons

There is no such thing as work-life balance. Management claims to follow ROWE, but even if you get your work done on your own schedule, it's not good enough for them. You're expected to devote nights and weekends to NutraClick, with very few exceptions. The negative reviews of this company are spot-on - and the positive ones only exist because employees are pressured to write glowing reviews upon departure. And departures are frequent - if you're there for more than a year, it's a miracle. Taking a job at NutraClick, whether you're an Engineer, Designer, or Marketer, means you'll have some explaining to do to future employers - why you were there for such a short time, and why you learned nothing of value. The company is run by people who'd love to believe they are making an actual impact on the world, when they're really pedaling products that are based on no real science and efficacy. If you're looking for a job with a future, one where you can learn and grow, run far away from NutraClick.

Do not work for this company

Pros

None. Seriously, I always look for silver linings, but there just aren't any to share. There use to be some really good people, but they are long gone. Those running the company are not people with whom you want to be involved.

Cons

The senior team doesn't care about you. They will say they do, but when you try to leave at 7:00p at night, they will look at you like you are working a half day. There is no true leadership. There is no work-life balance. And there is no real career path. Not to mention that the business is built on deceiving people to pay for a "free" trial. It is management by bullying built on a shady business model. Future employers (especially for designers) will look at this on your resume and think twice about hiring you. Do yourself a favor, stay away.

You get what you put in

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

You'll get a ton of responsibility and a lot of growth opportunities. I have seen it happen many times over. They invest in people. I have come from workplaces where this wasn't the case, and it is truly awful. I wouldn't have worked here for as long as I did had I not enjoyed working with the people there and had I not looked up to my managers. You get what you put in.

It's a great place to get exposure to digital advertising applied directly to CPG, plus they are innovative and move quickly. The CPG world is just getting a handle on the digital advertising side of things, so my time here made a huge difference when compared to what people in similar positions are doing at other companies. I have been able to accelerate ahead of my peers because of my experience here.

Cons

Hours aren't always predictable. Projects you have spent lots of time and effort into might be moved or cut. It sucks when it happens, but honestly, it's bound to happen at any company.

Fast-paced learning experience

Pros

NutraClick was a fast-paced learning experience that helped me grow quickly into a capable digital marketer. Because of the flat structure and high growth of the company, there were many opportunities to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities. The environment is high achieving, with a play hard/work hard culture. At NutraClick, I was surrounded by talented and smart coworkers, many of whom are now mentors and friends.

Cons

NutraClick is an environment where you flourish if you take ownership of your projects. Because of the quickly growing business, frequently you will need to be creative and set your own priorities. If you require a lot of direction, or just want a list of things to do, it's the wrong place for you.

This is a huge opportunity to have an entrepreneurial culture in a more mature/developed company.

Easily the worst place I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Developer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Developer in Boston, MA

Pros

The company has the typical startup perks - ping pong, beer, free food, and a flexible and casual work environment.

Cons

Unfortunately, management here is completely dysfunctional, from middle management on up. The expectations there are that you will be able to onboard and manage yourself from day one, though you won't be able to set your own direction. Eventually, you learn through trial and error what you should be doing, but then that changes and you need to start over.

Above middle management, the strategic direction of the company is in question, as they have evolved from a marketing company to a nutritional supplement company, to a "nutraceutical" company with a skin care and makeup line, and then back to a nutraceutical company.

In short, expect to muddle through if you join the team here, because no one has a clear idea of what's going on and what anyone should be doing.

Manage. Pick a direction and pursue it. Plan for the future and build a roadmap towards it, then share that vision with your employees and explain their part in it. To sum up, do the basics of managing.

Worked for NutraClick? Contribute to the Community!