NutraClick Reviews

3.6
CEO

1. Inside Sales Representative

I worked at NutraClick full-time

Pros

NutraClick is a great company to start at where you get the full start up feel. There is continuous training which is nice so your always kept in the know with what's going on in company. The team leads are younger but great cues they've been in your position before so give you optimal knowledge to make great commission. If your money hungry this is a great position for you where your able to gain great sales knowledge and experience dealing with not so happy customers all the time but also customers that you can change they're lives.

Cons

Like previous comments you are talking to angry customers at times but again it's all how you handle the call. Also schedules are hard at first but now you only need to work 1 Saturday a month following 3 months there so getting better.

2. Inside sales rep

I have been working at NutraClick full-time

Pros

I have been with nutraclick for about 7 months now. It is a great work environment with such a ton of room for growth. Offers great benefits including discounted gym memberships, 401K, health, and dental. Upper management is very helpful. Awesome place to learn and build sales skills and potential compensation is great.

Cons

-Work is a little repetitive, but staying consistent and putting in the work is always noticed from upper management.

3. Recently promoted to Team Lead of Sales Representative

Current Employee - Team Lead in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Nutraclick for roughly 8 months now, I started as an Inside Sales Representative and was recently promoted to Team Lead. This company is fast growing and there is a lot of room to grow. Since I've started I've seen a high percentage of the sales floor grow into different roles. They want you to gain experience and for you to grow professionally. It is a very fun, high energy work environment. The company as a whole is very into promoting employee happiness from health competitions to holiday parties.

Cons

Some of the work can be tedious but if you show good work ethic and consistency in your performance it does not go unnoticed.

5. QA Positions

I have been working at NutraClick full-time

Pros

- Great environment to work in
    - Great convenience in downtown Boston
    - Really believes in the health and well being of their employees
    - Amazing talent pool with guiding mentors

Cons

I can't see any bad part to the job, other than the overwhelming amount of work but if you're like me then the challenge makes the job even better,

Advice to Management

I think that the management does a wonderful job in being honest about the company, their expectations, goals, and personal motivation. Because of their tremendous growth the management seems to be doing a great job.

6. Better than the previous job, but not even close to good enough

Former Employee - Front-End Developer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Front-End Developer in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid coworkers, great office location. Decent place for a junior-level engineer or developer to get started. Provides a great appreciation for what a mediocre job looks and feels like.

Cons

Lack of vision, lack of direction, repetitive work, very reactionary, no respect for one’s life, always-on

Advice to Management

Look ahead. Craft a vision. Respect your employees. Don’t jump after shadows. Start acting, stop reacting.

7. Comfortable environment, flawed business model

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers some very good benefits as far as dental, health, discount on gym membership, health food and comfortable environment. The office is very lively and the team leads laid back and helpful. The location is great because it's right in the middle of Boston.

Cons

The business model is shady. You to have answer about 60-100 calls from pissed off people who have been automatically billed because they forgot/didn't know they had to call in to cancel their free trial. The pay isn't great and the commission plan is unstable.

Advice to Management

The business model isn't good for the companies reputation. The commission is confusing but steadily improving, so keep up with it.

Inside sales rep

I worked at NutraClick

Pros

Company is located in a great location downtown. Lower level managers really fight for their sales reps despite terrible upper management.

Cons

Probably the worst work experience I have ever found myself in. The job entails taking 100 plus calls a day from angry customers. These customers have just been charged after forgetting to cancel a "free" trial that they unknowingly signed up for. The companies lack of respect doesn't just stop at it's customers, the sales reps are made to feel expendable by upper management who is not only unprofessional but unethical. Bathroom breaks are monitored down to the minute and lunch breaks we cut short while at Nutraclick. Multiple times I witnessed sales reps break down (sometimes in tears) from hitting the breaking point with customer. If you want to be called a crook and a scam artist, apply. The CEO and other employees who work upstairs are treated like they work for a different company. A company that encourages their employees to work from home, take yoga classes and to eat a healthy diet. We were given a box of red bulls and told SURPRISE... You now work on Saturdays.

Don't even bother applying

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick

Pros

Not much besides the free food and great location.

Cons

I was tricked into this job. They told me it was a sales position but we had leads that we would call. Come to find out when I accept the job that it's a call center where were answrring 100+ calls a day from pissed off people who have been automatically billed because they forgot/didn't know they had to call in to cancel their free trial which they had basically been tricked in to. The job started off okay until they started to implement new rules. Limited breaks. Timd breaks. Work one Saturday a month which turned into 2 Saturday's a month. My last straw right before I left was we had to ask to to the bathroom. The "manager" who should have never been hired, was the worst representation of a superior. Most immature person with no respect for his employees. He apparently with held people's commission (not sure if this is true but I cant say I would be surprised if it were true). He was fired but the fact that they even put this person in power is a red flag. When I left I told them about changed that should be made and not much changed.

Great place to learn and grow as a marketer

I worked at NutraClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn technical and data-driven marketing, this is the place to do it. You'll be challenged and exposed to all sorts of marketing concepts and tactics that will make you a very successful marketer.

Other pros:

- You have the all the benefits of working in a startup (ability to make a personal impact, accelerated advancement and promotion) while simultaneously getting to go head-to-head with leading CPG and pharma companies like Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Pfizer, Bayer, and others
    - The company operates online and offline so you'll be exposed to online concepts like e-commerce, digital acquisition, and customer retention, while also supporting offline marketing efforts for products in over 50,000 stores (CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, GNC and others)
    - Summer Fridays (you get to leave in the early afternoon)
    - Young, fun culture
    - Heavily subsidized membership to the nicest gym in Boston, plus unlimited access to a personal trainer who comes to the office several days a week

Cons

- Similar to any fast-moving company, you'll be working on several projects simultaneously. Some people thrive in this kind of environment, while others can find it challenging
    - If you're looking for a place to hide and aren't as interested in learning, being challenged, and making an impact, NutraClick might not be the place for you
    - The unlimited vacation policy makes some people feel guilty about taking time off. It shouldn't. I found the work / life balance to be very good

Advice to Management

The Vitamin Angels sponsorship is great, but it should be pursued even further along with other charity causes and events

11. Fast paced and success oriented opportunity well suited for motivated post-graduates.

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nutraclick offers great benefits to its employees such as commuter accommodation and subsidization programs, a subsidized gym membership at the club of your choice, a 401k match program, as well as Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance. In conjunction, the salary and commission structure for my position is both competitive and lucrative.

The greatest part of working at Nutraclick is the office culture that we work in. Everyone that works in our office is motivated and serious about their job. At the same token, everyone at Nutraclick loves to have fun. It's a great mix.

Cons

The only downside I can attribute to working in the sales department at Nutraclick is the amount of hours that we work each week. While they do provide compensation time for any extra hours worked, it can still be daunting. However, everyone is so close in our office that working long hours isn't really all that bad because you're always with your friends.

Advice to Management

The only advice I could provide to management is simple: do everything you can to maintain the current culture of the office if you want to promote long term employment.