NutraClick

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
3.6

CEO

NutraClick is a young innovative company with serious potential for growth.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people at NutraClick is what made it such a good internship experience for me. Everyone made themselves available to learn from and to connect with on a personable level. It's a company full of young and energetic minds that are sure to come up with some great ideas in the future. Free snacks and coffee certainly helped me grind through my days.

Cons

As with all young companies, there seemed to be some disorganization and misalignment of companies goals, which sometimes made for an anxious work environment. I have no doubt as the years go on, the company will work out these kinks.

Keep being innovative and smart risk takers.

False Advertisement is what they do best

I worked at NutraClick full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company culture is great. Everyone is young, laid back, and friendly.

For analysts, engineers, and developers, NutraClick is a great platform to learn technology for about two years.

The perks are great, they include: fully stocked kitchen containing delicious healthy snacks, partially-subsidized gym membership, a full-time personal trainer to use as a consultant, a beautiful modern office, summer Fridays where you get out at noon every Friday during the Summer, no dress-code, and various other discounted amenities like Zipcar membership and T-passes. Plus the office is in a great location close to every line of the T.

Cons

The main perk that NutraClick prides itself on is it's "ROWE" policy, which is Results Only Work Environment and unfortunately it is not the case. NutraClick is very much a 9-6+ job no matter how hard they try to convince you otherwise (and they will.) They tend to false advertise the jobs to people.

Also the salaries and bonuses are skimpy. They're very bad at paying industry standard but very good at convincing you what you're worth.

The main business model – how NutraClick acquires customers – is the biggest con (pun intended.) They tend to false advertise their products to their customers but always towing the line on what they can legally say or do. Their business model is subscription based using advertorial online ads that basically target the uneducated and the elderly. Yes, their tactics are legal but they're not moral and shortly after hiring you'll realize why.

And in most departments, upward mobility is limited or non-existent.

People leave because either their salaries are low, the business model is unethical, or they've reach their ceiling. Just try to work on those things or get used to the revolving door.

Stay away

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (less than an year)

Pros

young co workers, good atmosphere

Cons

complete scam, very low pay

Terrible Pay

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great ambiance, consider another start up though.

Cons

Bad pay, and high expectations

It starts with the employees, value the ones you have and pay them competitively.

A great environment for an open source developer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NutraClick engineering department offers new to mid-level developers a chance grow, learn, flex their analytical mind

Cons

There can be some unrealistic deadlines, lower pay (but great benefits), devs work on an outdated framework.

Be less reactive and more pro-active to software/marketing/etc issues.

Great Place to Start or Build a Career

Former Employee - Marketer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketer in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had an awesome time at NutraClick and learned a lot. If you know nothing about marketing, you’ll learn from smart, innovative, and all around talented people. If you already have years of experience, you’ll have really smart and experienced people to bounce ideas off and to challenge you. Everyone is a great time to hang out with outside of work as well.

NutraClick has a huge appetite for testing, moves lightning fast, and has no red tape which makes for a really exciting and educational environment. If you have an idea, you pretty much have to convince one person that it’s worth pursuing, and 99 times out of 100 you’ll get the green light right off the bat. Because moving fast is so encouraged, depending on a few things, you could have that idea implemented that same day. You’ll also never be bored and the days fly by. If you aren't tasked with anything, you have the freedom and resources to get creative and go make stuff happen.

There are a lot of nice perks like free food, no dress code, an awesome location, and flexible work hours. I went to the gym mid-day most days and it was never an issue.

NutraClick also provides a great opportunity to advance your career fast. The company is small and they promote frequently, and usually from within.

Cons

NutraClick isn’t for everyone. If you’re looking for a 9-5 job where you play phone games and surf the web all day, it’s probably not a good fit. Also, if a fast pace doesn't sound exciting, it’s probably not a good fit.

Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Very bright, hard-working employees
    -Interesting projects requiring cross company collaboration and individual problem solving
    -Fast paced work environment that keeps the tasks fun
    -Amazing benefits: flexible scheduling, in house health and wellness coach, healthy snacks provided, numerous other perks
    -Company really values their employees
    -Customer wellbeing and satisfaction are prioritized
    -Still retains start-up feel and dynamic
    -Huge potential for individual and company growth
    -Diversity of ideas and beliefs encouraged and respected
    -Highly creative and dynamic group of coworkers
    -Unique technological offerings not found elsewhere
    -Great compensation plans

I was thrilled to have had the opportunity to intern with such a fascinating company. Nutraclick is unlike any other competitor in the health and wellness space. Their deployment of cutting-edge technology, techniques, and ideas allows for a fast-paced, exciting work environment where individuals are able to work collaboratively to solve unique and challenging problems. I would recommend Nutraclick to anyone who enjoys a challenge, as well as anyone who believes in the idea that companies can improve the lives of their customers.

Cons

-Fast pace can be a deterrent to some
    -Requires flexibility as projects and objectives can change
    -Not for those that require micro-managing

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The greatest part of this company is what we are promoting and its validity to the market. We offer a way to help people through so many different types of avenues, so it is easy to hop on board with the products and the people working along side you. Great team atmosphere, and the higher ups are willing to listen to you. I enjoy the fast paced environment since when I was younger I worked F&B mostly so it suites me.

Cons

Some employees aren't used to the fast paced nature of the company and will at times try to slow you down.

Keep it up.

Unique for a call center, Sioux Falls office

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best group of people I've ever worked with, low employee turn around, great bonuses

Cons

NutraClick has had a lot of changes in a short amount of time. CEO makes impulsive decisions which is undercutting the trust that the company is financially stable

Quality over quanity.

Not Worth the Risk

I worked at NutraClick full-time

Pros

Almost none. The office location is great, but aside from that, the company is not well run and the expectations are extremely unrealistic. Even the happiest people I knew working there are burned out after less than a year.

Cons

There is no such thing as work-life balance. Management claims to follow ROWE, but even if you get your work done on your own schedule, it's not good enough for them. You're expected to devote nights and weekends to NutraClick, with very few exceptions. The negative reviews of this company are spot-on - and the positive ones only exist because employees are pressured to write glowing reviews upon departure. And departures are frequent - if you're there for more than a year, it's a miracle. Taking a job at NutraClick, whether you're an Engineer, Designer, or Marketer, means you'll have some explaining to do to future employers - why you were there for such a short time, and why you learned nothing of value. The company is run by people who'd love to believe they are making an actual impact on the world, when they're really pedaling products that are based on no real science and efficacy. If you're looking for a job with a future, one where you can learn and grow, run far away from NutraClick.