NutraClick

Updated February 10, 2015
Updated February 10, 2015
3.6

CEO

Great place to learn and grow as a marketer

I worked at NutraClick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn technical and data-driven marketing, this is the place to do it. You'll be challenged and exposed to all sorts of marketing concepts and tactics that will make you a very successful marketer.

Other pros:

- You have the all the benefits of working in a startup (ability to make a personal impact, accelerated advancement and promotion) while simultaneously getting to go head-to-head with leading CPG and pharma companies like Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Pfizer, Bayer, and others
    - The company operates online and offline so you'll be exposed to online concepts like e-commerce, digital acquisition, and customer retention, while also supporting offline marketing efforts for products in over 50,000 stores (CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, GNC and others)
    - Summer Fridays (you get to leave in the early afternoon)
    - Young, fun culture
    - Heavily subsidized membership to the nicest gym in Boston, plus unlimited access to a personal trainer who comes to the office several days a week

Cons

- Similar to any fast-moving company, you'll be working on several projects simultaneously. Some people thrive in this kind of environment, while others can find it challenging
    - If you're looking for a place to hide and aren't as interested in learning, being challenged, and making an impact, NutraClick might not be the place for you
    - The unlimited vacation policy makes some people feel guilty about taking time off. It shouldn't. I found the work / life balance to be very good

The Vitamin Angels sponsorship is great, but it should be pursued even further along with other charity causes and events

Inside sales rep

I worked at NutraClick

Pros

Company is located in a great location downtown. Lower level managers really fight for their sales reps despite terrible upper management.

Cons

Probably the worst work experience I have ever found myself in. The job entails taking 100 plus calls a day from angry customers. These customers have just been charged after forgetting to cancel a "free" trial that they unknowingly signed up for. The companies lack of respect doesn't just stop at it's customers, the sales reps are made to feel expendable by upper management who is not only unprofessional but unethical. Bathroom breaks are monitored down to the minute and lunch breaks we cut short while at Nutraclick. Multiple times I witnessed sales reps break down (sometimes in tears) from hitting the breaking point with customer. If you want to be called a crook and a scam artist, apply. The CEO and other employees who work upstairs are treated like they work for a different company. A company that encourages their employees to work from home, take yoga classes and to eat a healthy diet. We were given a box of red bulls and told SURPRISE... You now work on Saturdays.

Don't even bother applying

I worked at NutraClick

Pros

Not much besides the free food and great location.

Cons

I was tricked into this job. They told me it was a sales position but we had leads that we would call. Come to find out when I accept the job that it's a call center where were answrring 100+ calls a day from pissed off people who have been automatically billed because they forgot/didn't know they had to call in to cancel their free trial which they had basically been tricked in to. The job started off okay until they started to implement new rules. Limited breaks. Timd breaks. Work one Saturday a month which turned into 2 Saturday's a month. My last straw right before I left was we had to ask to to the bathroom. The "manager" who should have never been hired, was the worst representation of a superior. Most immature person with no respect for his employees. He apparently with held people's commission (not sure if this is true but I cant say I would be surprised if it were true). He was fired but the fact that they even put this person in power is a red flag. When I left I told them about changed that should be made and not much changed.

Inside Sales Representative

I worked at NutraClick

Pros

Get a ton of experience answering phone calls, comfortable work environment, opportunity to work within a start up organization, have direct contact with CEO and all management

Cons

Have to deal with a lot of unhappy customers, offer compensation once you hit your sales goals, however it takes a lot longer than expected to hit those numbers. Pay is not very good without compensation.

Fast paced and success oriented opportunity well suited for motivated post-graduates.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nutraclick offers great benefits to its employees such as commuter accommodation and subsidization programs, a subsidized gym membership at the club of your choice, a 401k match program, as well as Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance. In conjunction, the salary and commission structure for my position is both competitive and lucrative.

The greatest part of working at Nutraclick is the office culture that we work in. Everyone that works in our office is motivated and serious about their job. At the same token, everyone at Nutraclick loves to have fun. It's a great mix.

Cons

The only downside I can attribute to working in the sales department at Nutraclick is the amount of hours that we work each week. While they do provide compensation time for any extra hours worked, it can still be daunting. However, everyone is so close in our office that working long hours isn't really all that bad because you're always with your friends.

The only advice I could provide to management is simple: do everything you can to maintain the current culture of the office if you want to promote long term employment.

Great Company with Great People and Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Since I have been at the company I have seen huge growth and positive changes. I have seen a large number of promotions, both in the department I work in as well as in other departments in the company. Every week PeaPod comes and delivers food for the employees, which is awesome. The benefits package, as well as pay, are also awesome. The health & dental insurance plans are the best I have had - even better than when I worked for a City Government.

Cons

None. Why? Because any weaknesses that are in company, once identified, are improved upon immediately.

Continue on the path you are on. I am excited to see where we go!

Great Environment

Current Intern - Inbound Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Inbound Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick as an intern

Pros

Great people, helpful supervisors, good pay, flexible schedules

Cons

Tough customers can be difficult to deal with

More opportunities for interns

dont waste your time here

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick

Pros

my coworkers are friendly. Training was ok. the breaks were necessary

Cons

you pretty much get payed to get yelled by customers. they can call you every name on the book, mind you , youre just the person who answers the phone. you get compared to other employees who have been there for months .& obviously has more experience than you. THE STATS ARE EVERYTHING! regardless of how hard you try to save a customer, unless youre cheating like most of the other reps, your stats will be low and noone will recognize your hardwork because of it. why do you think that once ppl get promoted the first thing they do is get off the phones? because they dont want to deal with the headaches that you, and i, as the call reps have to deal with.

favoritism is in this workplace is sickening. Try to see effort, instead of people who cheat their way up. ( and everyone knows it too) . just because they keep their numbers high, they get recognized, once again, sickening . I cant wait to get out of here .

False Advertisement is what they do best

I worked at NutraClick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. Everyone is young, laid back, and friendly.

For analysts, engineers, and developers, NutraClick is a great platform to learn technology for about two years.

The perks are great, they include: fully stocked kitchen containing delicious healthy snacks, partially-subsidized gym membership, a full-time personal trainer to use as a consultant, a beautiful modern office, summer Fridays where you get out at noon every Friday during the Summer, no dress-code, and various other discounted amenities like Zipcar membership and T-passes. Plus the office is in a great location close to every line of the T.

Cons

The main perk that NutraClick prides itself on is it's "ROWE" policy, which is Results Only Work Environment and unfortunately it is not the case. NutraClick is very much a 9-6+ job no matter how hard they try to convince you otherwise (and they will.) They tend to false advertise the jobs to people.

Also the salaries and bonuses are skimpy. They're very bad at paying industry standard but very good at convincing you what you're worth.

The main business model – how NutraClick acquires customers – is the biggest con (pun intended.) They tend to false advertise their products to their customers but always towing the line on what they can legally say or do. Their business model is subscription based using advertorial online ads that basically target the uneducated and the elderly. Yes, their tactics are legal but they're not moral and shortly after hiring you'll realize why.

And in most departments, upward mobility is limited or non-existent.

People leave because either their salaries are low, the business model is unethical, or they've reach their ceiling. Just try to work on those things or get used to the revolving door.

NutraClick is a young innovative company with serious potential for growth.

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The people at NutraClick is what made it such a good internship experience for me. Everyone made themselves available to learn from and to connect with on a personable level. It's a company full of young and energetic minds that are sure to come up with some great ideas in the future. Free snacks and coffee certainly helped me grind through my days.

Cons

As with all young companies, there seemed to be some disorganization and misalignment of companies goals, which sometimes made for an anxious work environment. I have no doubt as the years go on, the company will work out these kinks.

Keep being innovative and smart risk takers.