NutraClick

Add Photos

Unique for a call center, Sioux Falls office

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at NutraClick full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBest group of people I've ever worked with, low employee turn around, great bonuses

ConsNutraClick has had a lot of changes in a short amount of time. CEO makes impulsive decisions which is undercutting the trust that the company is financially stable

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality over quanity.

You get what you put in

I worked at NutraClick full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou'll get a ton of responsibility and a lot of growth opportunities. I have seen it happen many times over. They invest in people. I have come from workplaces where this wasn't the case, and it is truly awful. I wouldn't have worked here for as long as I did had I not enjoyed working with the people there and had I not looked up to my managers. You get what you put in.

It's a great place to get exposure to digital advertising applied directly to CPG, plus they are innovative and move quickly. The CPG world is just getting a handle on the digital advertising side of things, so my time here made a huge difference when compared to what people in similar positions are doing at other companies. I have been able to accelerate ahead of my peers because of my experience here.

ConsHours aren't always predictable. Projects you have spent lots of time and effort into might be moved or cut. It sucks when it happens, but honestly, it's bound to happen at any company.

Fast-paced learning experience

I worked at NutraClick full-time

ProsNutraClick was a fast-paced learning experience that helped me grow quickly into a capable digital marketer. Because of the flat structure and high growth of the company, there were many opportunities to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities. The environment is high achieving, with a play hard/work hard culture. At NutraClick, I was surrounded by talented and smart coworkers, many of whom are now mentors and friends.

ConsNutraClick is an environment where you flourish if you take ownership of your projects. Because of the quickly growing business, frequently you will need to be creative and set your own priorities. If you require a lot of direction, or just want a list of things to do, it's the wrong place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a huge opportunity to have an entrepreneurial culture in a more mature/developed company.

Worth the risk and devotion of time?

Assistant Controller (Former Employee)

I worked at NutraClick full-time for more than a year

Pros-Fast-paced work environment
-Company provided food
-Location of the office
-Opportunities for promotion: I managed to do very well and was rewarded with a promotion after only being there a year. If you can handle a fast-paced environment you can do well here.

Cons- Poor work-life balance: Even though they say the practice ROWE, it usually ends up resulting in longer work hours. Not encouraged to take vacation. When I left the company, I was told "thanks for taking your time off before leaving the company". Yet, if they had a PTO policy, the vacation would have been paid out upon leaving the company.

- Management: Company is run by young management that doesn't have solid business experience with the exception of the CFO who was recently brought on. This often leads to poor planning and decision-making.

- Not trustworthy: Be very clear when you give notice. I gave officially gave a two week notice, but my manager asked me to stay additional time. To be professional, I verbally agreed to stay longer and delayed my start date at my new company. Turns out they company cut me a week before the "verbally" agreed upon date and refused to pay me that final week. Looking back, I should have just given two weeks.

Overall, I sacrificed and devoted myself for almost two years to this company. I worked 3-4 all nighers and countless nights until 2am. I did all of this while married with two daughters, one who was only a month old when I joined. I truly believed in and was devoted to NutraClick. While I managed to do well in a short period of time there, what ultimately shaped my opinion of the company was not being able to trust upper management.

Easily the worst place I've ever worked.

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at NutraClick full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company has the typical startup perks - ping pong, beer, free food, and a flexible and casual work environment.

ConsUnfortunately, management here is completely dysfunctional, from middle management on up. The expectations there are that you will be able to onboard and manage yourself from day one, though you won't be able to set your own direction. Eventually, you learn through trial and error what you should be doing, but then that changes and you need to start over.

Above middle management, the strategic direction of the company is in question, as they have evolved from a marketing company to a nutritional supplement company, to a "nutraceutical" company with a skin care and makeup line, and then back to a nutraceutical company.

In short, expect to muddle through if you join the team here, because no one has a clear idea of what's going on and what anyone should be doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage. Pick a direction and pursue it. Plan for the future and build a roadmap towards it, then share that vision with your employees and explain their part in it. To sum up, do the basics of managing.

Good experience, but poor management

I worked at NutraClick full-time

ProsYou can Learn a lot about the industry. It is Fast moving. Its in a Good location and the office is nice.

ConsYoung management spinning out of control and heaving ideas against the wall to see what sticks. They can be manipulative which leads to very high turnover.

A growing small business that fosters innovation and growth

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick as an intern

ProsNutraClick is a fast paced company with a start-up culture, which makes for a fun and exciting work environment. Even though many employees are young, they are also intelligent and passionate about their work. People hold each other accountable, communicate well, and have effective brainstorming sessions. Everything that is done has a purpose and directly affects the brand image and sales, so it is easy to be excited and compelled to work hard and efficiently. Upper management encourages employees at every level- including interns!- to take on real responsibilities and push themselves to think outside the box. There is great opportunity to learn both from your coworkers and upper management.

ConsAlthough I did not experience long hours firsthand as an intern, I was aware that many employees did work hours past 9am-5pm. However, they did not express any complaints about this. Scheduling was flexible and people were not working absurd hours (generally no later than 7pm). One other downside was that sometimes projects would not be seen to completion, but when this happened people were generally aware of the reasoning and would communicate it effectively.

Overall great experience

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at NutraClick full-time for more than a year

Pros-Fun, incredibly smart coworkers
-Huge learning/growth opportunity
-Flexible hours
-Dynamic, fast-paced environment - you will never be bored.
-Fun startup culture
-Great gym benefits

ConsBecause it is a startup, there will always be more work than you can finish, which can oftentimes lead to more stress/longer hours. Management will definitely have high expectations and push you to achieve more (which I personally think is a pro), so work/life balance won't come naturally and it can be a bit of a struggle if you don't work at it and know your own limits/push back a little.

Great training ground and company culture

Brand Director, Force Factor (Former Employee)

I worked at NutraClick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- lots of responsibilities
- lots of exposure to multimillion dollar brands
- ability to making meaningful impact
- meritocratic culture
- fun co-workers and great perks

This was my first job right out of college and I joined as employee ~12. When I left, it grew to a multi-million dollar brand with 10x the number of employees as when I first started. I can proudly say that I left a huge positive impact on the company and learned a lot along the way.

Cons- long hours if that's not your thing

It is a meritocratic culture. If you are a clock-puncher, do not join. If you thrive under pressure and want to make a difference in the direction of the company, all good. If you can't cut it in that atmosphere, don't bother. you won't last long.

Great opportunity to make a huge impact in a high growth company and learn about marketing and health & beauty.

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick as an intern for less than a year

ProsIncredibly smart people, Large opportunity to learn, Fun culture

ConsDemanding - you better expect to work hard. But if you put in the work, you will be rewarded!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have an awesome team, get the most of all their talents.

Worked for NutraClick? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NutraClick reviews and ratings. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by NutraClick employees.