Nutraceutical

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frank W. Gay, II

I love my bosses but way underpaid

ProsNice com workers and way nice bosses, mine actually help

ConsPay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay and lastly pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for

It's ok for a start, but the pay and work load don't match.

ProsPotential to gain diverse experiences.

ConsBoss said everyone is replaceable so don't ask for a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more positive to employees

Don't even get me started!

Support Representative (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsThey pay you back for going to school. That's it.

ConsZero recognition of their employees. Benefits that are offered will make you never want to get married or have kids. Upper management is crap. They have people in management who's degrees are not relevant to their positions. Unless you know the owner or you go to the same church as them, you will never move up. They suck the life out of you. They take all the motivation away for working hard. They spend more money on the appearance of the building than their employees. It's the owners way and thats it. People in management have no room to do anything. If you are a creative person, stay away from this place. Even the experience from this place doesn't help anywhere else. No matter how hard you work to show your boss, he can't do anything to reward you for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the managers be. Let them show you what they learned in school. What is the point of even having a degree when the Owner himself wants to do everything. Owner needs to come down to the warehouses and see for himself what all the problems are. Sit down with your employees and ask for their advice. It's the employees that make the company and not the members on the board.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No room to grow, very waistfull

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsThe work-life balance was actually pretty good as most people saw the company as a form of income and not much else. The pay was fairly good and work hours were flexible.

ConsNutra slowly takes the life out of you as there is little room to advance unless you know the CEO. Very poor health benefits that don't even meet federal standards. The company has no PTO, instead it has non-earned discretionary time off meaning if it fires you or you quit you don't get paid out for unused PTO.

Great company if you don't ever want to climb the corporate ladder

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocated in beautiful Park City, UT near skiing, hiking biking and the Sundance Film Festival

ConsThe corporate ladder does not exist

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote a woman to a Sr. Management role

Great place if you don't want recognition or fair compensation

ProsLower Management is good to work with, time off is granted when requested

ConsCommunication and training is very poor between Management and direct report employees. The health benefits are a joke, most employees opt out of the plans offered. I have been here for 18 months and have not received an annual review or increase in pay despite exceeding expectations. My previous position was in Management and upon being hired I was told not expect a promotion, basically I was told I would entering a dead end job. I consider myself ambitious and will be leaving as soon as I am certified in my area of study.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a weekly or bi-monthly meeting with the direct reports so they are aware of changes and can bring concerns to your attention. Offer more recognition to your employees in terms of annual reveiws and pay increases when warrented. The HR department needs to offer better health benefits, ones that can marry with their spouses plans.

Great employee recognition

ProsThe company knows who you are as long as it is writen out for them

ConsLong time employees, 15 to 25 years, got cookies and cinnamon rolls for their long time service, can't wait for my mine.

Advice to Senior Managementshow some recognition for the people who make your bonus at the end of the year and produce the products that make you rich.

If you don't care about your current skills, you'll love it here.

ProsExtremely laid back environment with very little pressure or deadlines. Casual work place. Good people.

ConsInternal software is old and outdated. There is no quality control and the users end up testing the products, which always cause issues. Internal server infrastructure is always being cycled and running out of memory, crashing, etc. No environment is stable. Heavy handed upper management with the "don't fix what ain't broken" mentality. Lack of direction in department. Less than stellar benefits. Also a lot of nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employee's expertise to drive your product design and bring it to current standards of technology.

Good people to work with.

Support Services (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsReally good fun people to work with and good lower and mid-level managers.

ConsUpper management is not in touch with workforce.

Great company to grow in if you are self motivated

Assistant (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsGood people to work with. There are opportunities if you are ambitious and push for them. Fun employees.

ConsStill need some improvement with women in management and job mentoring.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust employees more and start to promote more team work.

Worked for Nutraceutical? Contribute to the Community!