NutriShop Reviews

CEO

1. Great People - Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator/Sales Associate in Brick, NJ
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator/Sales Associate in Brick, NJ

I have been working at NutriShop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

management is helpful and teaches you a lot, you get to help a lot of different people, you're rewarded for good performance, awesome products that are easy to stand behind

Cons

There are really no cons that I can think of. Nutrishop (Specifically the New Jersey locations) are a pleasure to work at.

Advice to Management

Keep growing! Your drive and enthusiasm for your business is infectious and makes customers love coming back over and over again!

2. Good College Job

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at NutriShop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're into supplements and enjoy helping people reach their fitness goals this is a great job. The company really does insist that as an employee you provide each customer great service. Which is how it should be in a supplement store where most people are lost in a wall of colorful packaging and ingredients. The pay is also good and the training provided is great.

Cons

The hours are often ridiculous. I worked at two different Nutrishops and found that I was expected to work multiple 10 hour shifts a week without breaks or overtime. (This is illegal and they know it) Your commission on sales doesn't really help you as much as you would like it too. Commission is typically around 5-7% on sales, but is taxed more at the end of the day. This job got me though college which is great, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone not between the ages of 18-25. Sho0t for higher.

3. Discounts were a plus, but volume not enough to take advantage of commission

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at NutriShop part-time

Pros

Sales training was very helpful. Employee discount on many varieties of supplements and vitamins Hourly plus commission base

Cons

Many days were slow from a sales perspective which meant the shifts felt very long. Extra time was used to clean and dust areas that were already clean.

Advice to Management

Finding ways to be more competitive to online retailers. Price matching in store would help to drive sales and customer traffic

5. Nothing special

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at NutriShop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exclusive line products that are only available in local retail locations allow for a unique way to build a following.

Cons

no real support for its stores outside of southern cali. exclusive products are much more expensive than similar products made by competitors. everything sold online is much cheaper.

Advice to Management

don't push so hard on exclusive products. focus more on large manufacturers that are available elsewhere. these products don't really differ from brand to brand so don't push exclusive products against national brands.

6. Management could be better

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at NutriShop full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Horrible pay unless you can sell, if you are passionate about supplements

Cons

base hourly pay, plus commission. If you can sell you will be fine, the owners of the company do not care about you

7. Great Learning Experience for the Sales Oriented

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at NutriShop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at one of the franchises as a manager for about a year. Overall, corporate will teach you everything you need to know, especially sales techniques I had a very positive experience with the corporate culture, everyone is enthusiastic and believes in the efficacy of their products. It was infectious to me and my employees

Cons

Leadership at my particular store was lacking on the part of the owner. However our regional managers were aways a phone call away and paid regular visits to help change strategy to lead to more sales

Advice to Management

More thorough training, overcoming sales obstacles need to be covered more in depth

8. Fun industry that pays poorly

I worked at NutriShop

Pros

Often times there is a good amount of downtime. Plus you get discounted supplements and work in a cool industry.

Cons

The biggest con, besides the pay, is the lack of help during busy times as well as late nights and weekend hours.

Advice to Management

Take the time to see if you can predict busier times and then provide additional support during those peak hours. This will also improve customer service levels.

RSS Feed </> Embed